• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Eurogamer Expo

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Isn't that a little high expectations considering this game is presumably going against GTA:V and the competition looks pretty damn fearce.

Actually no one knows when GTA:V comes for its release date since its release date had yet to be announced.

DmC's only competition during its release date is MGR, Dead Space 3, Tomb Raider, and that new Sly Cooper game.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
It really all the depends on the intentions of the creators. Batman and Spider-man have been deconstructed back and forth, inside and out. Sometimes to unrecognizable and unlikable lengths. You may even say that it sometimes doesn't stay true to the spirit of the original creation and that's ok, because it's all about exploration about a character. Every creative mind would love to tackle any of those characters and try to make their own spin on them.

That's essentially what this Dante seems to be exploring. How does he become that dude that everyone likes? Who is that person that's so powerful and cool, was he always like that? In my opinion, this is an origin story that tries to give something more to what was already there via developing the character from scratch. I mean, they sure are keeping a lot of story elements secret still.

It might fail or not, who knows, but it sure is interesting to see. I don't know, your point is kind of skewed, but I get that you don't like him and hold the original very dear.

you said it m8. some of the best comics came around because someone said "what kinda man dresses like a bat and fights crime...and what kind of villain dresses like a clown?" and that road lead to some of the best comics written. didnt stay true to the source material in anyway. all they did was stay true to the character. something i think ninja theory has performed admirably at. theyre asking "what would drive someone to dedicate theyre entire life isolated from people to fight a never ending war against an entire army?". were being lead to a darker road and i think its much more interesting than the original. do i still love the original games. of course i do. but i think we are in for a real treat this January as the game seems more and more interesting the more we play. i just want it to go all the way(not full dark never go full dark) like how in batman we see that batman isnt bruce waynes disguise. bruce wayne is batmans disguise.

got a little of topic there...anyways, DmC good, ninja theory good. me happy. haters gonna hate.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Actually no one knows when GTA:V comes for its release date since its release date had yet to be announced.

DmC's only competition during its release date is MGR, Dead Space 3, Tomb Raider, and that new Sly Cooper game.
But for GOTY.

It's also competing with end of 2012 titles such as Halo 4. And it's competing with Christmas bills for money,

All of the above, including the games you listed (Though really, they could spend some time tweaking and beta testing DS3 for a October 2013 release, even though it doesn't look nearly as scary as the first one was) could really hurt DmC in the
money department

KnightBatman

Awwww yeah!

get-him-to-the-greek.gif

KnightBatman

We NEED that new CGI trailer and latest trailer that was mentioned but not released from TGS... gotta see more of that pier level and how Dante gets his jacket from the ferris wheel XD

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I'm not getting my hopes up too much. It would be nice to see more from the pier level and a stream from Capcom Unity on how better the game looks compared to the demo that everyone else has played.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
But for GOTY.

It's also competing with end of 2012 titles such as Halo 4. And it's competing with Christmas bills for money,

All of the above, including the games you listed (Though really, they could spend some time tweaking and beta testing DS3 for a October 2013 release, even though it doesn't look nearly as scary as the first one was) could really hurt DmC in the
money department

I think each game for the GOTY separated into sections/genres meaning DmC only has to compete with games that are action based.....I don't how it works for GOTY. Plus 2012 titles are only in 2012 GOTY...DmC is competing for 2013 GOTY.....plus Halo 4 is a shooter not an action adventure hack n slash beat em up.

As for hurting DmC money wise if it comes out in October 2013 how can DS3 hurt DmC money wise if it comes out 10 months after DmC's release.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I'm not getting my hopes up too much. It would be nice to see more from the pier level and a stream from Capcom Unity on how better the game looks compared to the demo that everyone else has played.

Honestly, I hope they only stick to the material they've shown in the past instead of any new areas. I'm a bit worried they're gonna give away too much and kill the tension. Even that stuff with the Bob Barba boss fight and the Lilith hostage scene in the trailer was a bit too much for me. I'd hate if they spoiled the ending parts of the game like showing us the final boss or something or other big key plot points.=S

But the pier level, I wouldn't mind seeing that. They did show that to a select few at some point and it would be cool to see how that's looking after what we've heard about it. And yeah, that CGI trailer would be a great treat too :D it's a shame they didn't make that longer and show it at TGS.

Oh, but a date on a demo release definately be the icing and cherry on the cake! *¬*

EDIT: Oh oh! And maybe something on the mocap! ^_^ I really loved that when they showed making of Enslaved by introducing you to the actors and how they did the motion capture on set. Considering they shot the game where Avatar was done it would be incredible to see! That and what improvements they've made since the last time around.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I think each game for the GOTY separated into sections/genres meaning DmC only has to compete with games that are action based.....I don't how it works for GOTY. Plus 2012 titles are only in 2012 GOTY...DmC is competing for 2013 GOTY.....plus Halo 4 is a shooter not an action adventure hack n slash beat em up.

As for hurting DmC money wise if it comes out in October 2013 how can DS3 hurt DmC money wise if it comes out 10 months after DmC's release.

No I said it SHOULD come out then.
Still, Christmas is what worries me most, that is going to kill DmC in the money department.

Top Bottom