• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Eurogamer Expo

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Here's to Euro expo!

Also TGS wasn't all that bad. Here's the pros

-We got to see a new trailer full of action
-We got more on the story with Sparda being who he is.
-New enimies
-The shotgun
-Pimpin' Vergil hat LOL
-A new area was shown.
-Dante might have an alternate costume with the original DMC.
-Gameplay looks faster and smoother then before.
-From what I've heard the liners sound better.
-Limited edition
-Merchandise
-a cool shirt and bag

Cons
-Couldn't see the CGI movie trailer
-Couldn't see that newer trailer.
-No more new areas or weapons to show.
- Vergil not playable

The pros out weigh the cons.^_^
You forgot one MAJOR con though,

Vergil shown using a gun, thus showing that they aren't even TRYING to stay true to source material

Nelo_Vergil

Vergil shown using a gun, thus showing that they aren't even TRYING to stay true to source material
Well for starters why should they?Based on what i've seen they have stayed true to the source jusy not when it comes to characters. But that again begs the question of why should they?

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people

Remember in DMC3 when Vergil said ‘I’ll try it your way for once’ and used one of Dante’s guns to help win the battle? In this parallel universe when Vergil says ‘okay, we’ll do it your way’' with saving Kat, it’s in reference to that. Hence the whole hostage exchange we see in the trailer is only happening because Vergil is following the plan through on Dante’s terms, hence he is using a gun.

Checkmate :cool:

Nelo_Vergil

Remember in DMC3 when Vergil said ‘I’ll try it your way for once’ and used one of Dante’s guns to help win the battle? In this parallel universe when Vergil says ‘okay, we’ll do it your way’' with saving Kat, it’s in reference to that. Hence the whole hostage exchange we see in the trailer is only happening because Vergil is following the plan through on Dante’s terms, hence he is using a gun.

Checkmate :cool:
Hold your horses your suggesting what we don't know yet :trollface

mrrandomlulz

Well for starters why should they?Based on what i've seen they have stayed true to the source jusy not when it comes to characters. But that again begs the question of why should they?
Multiple reasons.

Reason 1.Because isn't that the JOB of a reboot?

To introduce beloved characters to a new generation in a form that the original can relate to.

Reason 2. Really, reboot does not mean "butcher your source material". Spiderman stayed true to it's roots. Batman stayed true to it's roots. This doesn't go anywhere near it's source material.

Reason 3 :Yet again, these characters are BELOVED childhood characters to many people, I've said it before, it's like saying "Master Chief isn't cool any more, let's make him a Power Ranger".

Reason 4. Because, it's basically creating a new character from scratch and using the old ones name to make a profit. ITS NOT GONNA F*CKING WORK!!!!!!

Nelo_Vergil

Multiple reasons.

To introduce beloved characters to a new generation in a form that the original can relate to.

Reason 2. Really, reboot does not mean "butcher your source material". Spiderman stayed true to it's roots. Batman stayed true to it's roots. This doesn't go anywhere near it's source material.

Reason 3 :Yet again, these characters are BELOVED childhood characters to many people, I've said it before, it's like saying "Master Chief isn't cool any more, let's make him a Power Ranger".

Reason 4. Because, it's basically creating a new character from scratch and using the old ones name to make a profit. ITS NOT GONNA F*CKING WORK!!!!!!
the way i see it DmC is a perfect,well not perfect really, example of a reboot though its not just a new generation they're appealing to but also westeners. But that's not to say they will and the changes the make won't always do good with the older fans,espwcially since they're so exterme. But what they do is for the sake of appeasing a new crowd but keeping things fimiliar which is what they've done. If yiur agrue ment is on dantes character or vergils you'll need to be more specfic

mrrandomlulz

Wow. Calm down.

Anyone that's been watching this game knows it's staying true to the source material and isn't trying to be a cash in like the version you want.

Gee golly. Fact.

mlfw7947-Thats_not_news.png

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

images

I think that answers that.

Multiple reasons.

julien-shaking-head.gif

Top Bottom