• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

E3: Devil May Cry film

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
E3 2011: Devil May Cry Movie on the way
It's even more official! We're making a Devil May Cry movie!

Capcom Co., Ltd. and Screen Gems have announced that Screen Gems will develop a live action feature film entitled “Devil May Cry” which will be based on the newest introduced video game in the series titled “DmC Devil May Cry”.“Devil May Cry” is popular stylish action games series known for its unique characters and smooth controls. The games have been a huge success selling over 10 million copies around the world. This success has led to the creation of comic books, an anime series and action figures all based on the game. Additionally the series latest game title “DmC Devil May Cry” is now being developed as a feature film.The film adaptation will be written by Kyle Ward who has written the screenplays for several upcoming projects including “HIT MAN 2” and “KANE AND LYNCH”.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I did feel like making a few 'reject cast Twilight jokes', but I think everyone's heard them... especially when the new game was announced

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I may not be the best actor but I can can play happy and sad. That's already two more emotions than Robert Patinson (whatever) can do, I'm set, I could ride into casting on a rocket like "WHOO" and "HA HAA" then jump off running down the wall throwing a 6 foot sword around the place...they could never make this into a movie!

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
wow, they are finally going to actually make a movie based on Devil May Cry. and the choice of game isn't as bad as it seems. they were going to mess up the story no matter what. if DmC turns out to have a good story the movie will be no worse that if they based it off Devil May Cry1 or 3. and if DmC turns out to have a really bad story they might actually make it better by cutting out the failure and focusing on Dante killing things.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
^ This...is the single most greatest thing I have heard in a long time, Mr Angelo Credo I commend you, I feel this equation sums it all up quite nicely...

A +B x C = D

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
^Got a spare bullet?
I've had a think about it and i think it'll be CGI (going by the fact Capcom are working with Screen Gems). I pretty much see it going down the same route as Resi Evil: Degeneration

Mr Anderson

gun slinging sword master
Alot of times movies based off of anything leave a lot of important things from the original and maybe DmC movie will be better that way I just would have preferred the first movie or only movie be based off of DMC 1 or 3

itsssloki

Schmoto dragon
I've always thought that a Devil May Cry movie would be phenomenal ever since I finished the first DMC. Then when I finished the 4th one, I said to myself "OKAY CAPCOM MAKE A DMC MOVIE PLOX!" But now that they're basing the movie off of the NEW rebooted DmC, I could cry.

Also, they better not cast Robert Pattinson as Dante. Reuben Langdon IS Dante.

fon

Crazy Chick
Do you guys SERIOUSLY think they'd get that Robert Pattinson dude? Please. Unless the guy choosing the cast is blind!
I'm honestly very tired of all these Twilight jokes and cursing Tameem for everything you guys thinks been going wrong. (note: not accusing everyone, just most of the internet)

Anyway, maybe something good could actually come out of this. Or maybe this reboot thing is being taken a little too far? I thought it was only being done for the games, but with the new revelation of Dante in DmC being half-angel/half-demon, i'm afraid this whole thing might become canon and replace the main series after all. It'd be some sort of miracle if they could mix it somehow into the main series, but a lot of stuff is already screwed up anyway. Fresh start but keeping most of the old stuff intact?

Asmodaius

If only Keanu Reeves was somewhat younger, he would be an awesome Dante.
But if I should vote for an actor to play Dante, it would be Jackson Rathbone. He's so hot and he could totally pull off the Dante look. The only thing that might not fit would be Rathbone's beautiful big eyes, but other than that, he would be the one I would want to play Dante in the movie. He's got the moves, the looks and is an uprising moviestar.

gallery_enlarged_jacksonrathbone_2_photos_03262009_09.jpg

Top Bottom