• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

E3: Devil May Cry film

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
i hope it turns out ok ive seen the anime series and it was good but its better to watch in japanwese lol dantes voice is more bad a**

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
why would they make a 2 hour movie out of a 10 hour experience? the whole reason why video games to movies suck is because i think their is a closer bond with a video game than the movie, and a movie tries to have you feel everyones feelings, and shoves it down your throat. It needs to be CGI with tons of mind blowing combat. The anime had little to no combat at all, one shot kills? come on? When did dante ever try to conserve bullets?, not at my house he didnt.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'd looooooovvvveeeeee Keanu Reeves as Dante. Even if it IS DmC Dante. I'd watch it just because it's KEANU REEVES!!! But let's face it, they probably won't have the bucks to afford a moviestar and we'll end up with either new-who-the-hell-is-this-guy actors, or familiar faces that make you cringe because you already know they're not good actors. The worst they can do is cast Shia Labeouf as Dante. Seriously. That'd be way worse than Rob. Rob might not do Dante justice, but Shia would butcher Dante even more than Capcom already have.

Also, Screen Gems have done well with Priest (which is based off the comic, I think?) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VNczhWD2ao
So what if it's not a blockbuster? It was alright, they had some good graphic effects in there, the actors weren't too shabby, the action scenes were okay.

I mean c'mon, realistically nobody can expect the devil may cry movie to be anything more than a game-inspired movie.

Albeit I'll still watch it.
And here's hoping they contract Reuben to do SOME work on the movie.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
There some interesting aspects to it as it's the first game to have a movie tie-in plus I'm wondering whether or not they would get the same people who did the game to do the movie. same actors, director,writer, production team etc.

Only problem I have so far it's DmC is a unknown quantity with not a lot of good press.

It's also a notion that cap com is taking transmedia a little more seriously than they did before.

I hope that they do it in a similar way that the cartoon spectacular spiderman was done as the writers tried to unite the various contuintys of spiderman into one iteration. So I rather see aspects of both series melded into one.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
They are gonna make the movie based on DmC and not DMC?
Glad to hear that.
I don't intend to watch a DMC based movie either. It's all money to people.

But it's great to know DMC won't be disgraced with a hollywood like phony crap movie.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
They are gonna make the movie based on DmC and not DMC?
Glad to hear that.
I don't intend to watch a DMC based movie either. It's all money to people.

But it's great to know DMC won't be disgraced with a hollywood like phony crap movie.

And yet, it may very well turn out to be an amazing summer movie. It may yet be the blockbuster to blow the box office. Glad to see we're keeping open minds ^_^

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I had this weird idea but i think there is a way to make films on both parts of the canon.
You do the first film on DMC3 and you do the sequel on the reboot.

Wait for it.

the thing is the reboot is more able to work as a sequel since it feels more like a adventure that could have happened after 3

You present it as dante working on a routine job near limbo city only for him to have discovered the big secret and limbo overpowers him and captures him. The film starts with lady breaking him out of jail and they decide to fight back guerilla style. The changes in clothing are explained as lady getting him more of a normal outfit to blend in. The changes in hair is lady dyeing his hair black and cutting it to make them hide better from human authorities.

The reveal that he might be half angel might be dropped or revealed as him tappping into the powers by accident because he didnt know he had them. He didnt know his mom was an angel since she gave up her angel hood to be with sparda on earth.

The changes in appearance outside of her might not exist as we are probably use the same actor from the first.

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
The only successful Video Game movie is mortal Kombat 1, this will join the trash with the likes of RE, DB Evolution and etc.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I don't care if it will be based on Dmc or DMC, or it will be live action or cgi, only one matter is if We all get finally trailer of movie to talk about.

heatlancer

1# Trickster
The only successful Video Game movie is mortal Kombat 1, this will join the trash with the likes of RE, DB Evolution and etc.
RE1 was aight, but yea, i can't see a live action DMC film being good, just can't at all

albiet it'll have a better chance being good following the new Dmc than the old one, white hair in real life, not cool

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
NOW ISNT THIS JUST FANF*KINGTASTIC :mad:.But even if its based on DmC and we might get a twilight reject of an actor its still better than no Devil may cry movie right ??????????

Asmodaius

NOW ISNT THIS JUST FANF*KINGTASTIC :mad:.But even if its based on DmC and we might get a twilight reject of an actor its still better than no Devil may cry movie right ??????????

I see it like this...
If they decided to make a movie about the original DMC series, it would just be an action flick. A cool one, but there would probably not be any depth to it and it would most likely end up in the pile of videogame movies gone wrong. Personally, I have a weakness for such cheesy videogame movies, such as Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, The Super Mario Bros, Prince of Persia (which in my opinion was phenomenal)... but those movies are more like cult classics than big blockbusters, so it is understandable if they won't touch it.
Also, they would probably screw something up and make tons of fans angry... Because, you know, videogame fans are so ungrateful and prude when it comes to their beloved games.

If making a movie about DmC, well, then they don't have to think about all the angry fans, because they are already angry because of the DmC game. If anything, the movie could turn into a hit and maybe turn over some of those angry fans. And if not, then it's not that big a deal except for some money lost on a failed project.

As for the Twilight reject... read my sig.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
if they do make the film, i think using the hellboy films as inspirations would be on the right track as hellboy has a similar story to dmc but the story is actually consistently great. Watching recent marvel films could help.

Vergillicious

You will not forget this devil's power!
Guh..no surprise there..but you never know until you watch it. Buuut..I bet it's going to be a bunch of BAAALLZ :D

I may just eat them words *shrugs shoulders*

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
Another DMC Game>A DmC or DMC movie.
true but not possible at the moment
I see it like this...
If they decided to make a movie about the original DMC series, it would just be an action flick. A cool one, but there would probably not be any depth to it and it would most likely end up in the pile of videogame movies gone wrong. Personally, I have a weakness for such cheesy videogame movies, such as Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, The Super Mario Bros, Prince of Persia (which in my opinion was phenomenal)... but those movies are more like cult classics than big blockbusters, so it is understandable if they won't touch it.
Also, they would probably screw something up and make tons of fans angry... Because, you know, videogame fans are so ungrateful and prude when it comes to their beloved games.

If making a movie about DmC, well, then they don't have to think about all the angry fans, because they are already angry because of the DmC game. If anything, the movie could turn into a hit and maybe turn over some of those angry fans. And if not, then it's not that big a deal except for some money lost on a failed project.

As for the Twilight reject... read my sig.
well said i absolutely 100% agree with you.

Selutu

Son of Death, Bringer of the dead
A DmC movie could be interesting... I wonder who Trish and Lady is going to be acted by.... And to be honest... I don't think there are that many actors who could act Dante well...

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think i would use Ian Somerhander from lost or just cast Reuben langdon as dante.

Lady could be played by lauren cohen from the walking dead.

Trish could be played by anyone.

Railazel

I say Capcom should stop while its ahead, DmC is already a risky business with the Original's fanbase, why try to make it any better by introducing it to a wider audience? First of all, Game Movies are risky as a whole, alot of people play games but not many people are hardcore fans of them. Plus, Games are hard to implement into a movie because of how unrealistic they are, the best games that could become movies are Halo, Call of Duty, Gears of War, and stuff like them because they are easy genres to implement. Second, pushing the first point, basing a movie off of DMC is a huge risk because the fanbase isn't so big that a movie for it is warranted neither is it such a good concept that making a movie would draw in a large audience. In the end, it'll receive as much as views as pretty much any other video game movie and the criticism for it would probably be just as bad. The reason being is that no matter how good an actor a person is, they can't emulate Dante, Vergil, or any other character simply because an actor's an actor and Dante is Dante. Lastly, basing a movie of DmC, a reboot, is possibly the worst kind of risk anyone can take, not even a professional gambler would take those odds. Why not, you ask? Because the payoff isn't that great. Let's say that the movie does become successful, what does that do for the franchise? Nothing but ruin the Original and have the Reboot continue, leaving a great, incomplete story out to fade away in the dust. Furthermore, we'll end up having a conflicted fanbase where one half knows everything while the other half only knows the Reboot and isn't familiar with the Original series, having to depend on the older fanbase to catch up and understand things. The only good that I could see come out of this is that the fanbase will be so big and so yearning for DMC's completion that Capcom would have to complete the series for the sake of giving the fans that it so desired what they want. Otherwise, if the movie were to fail commercially, it'll be just a big waste of money. Besides, what does Capcom plan for the plot of the movie anyway? Its in its first release and is a completely new project, there's nothing to go off of! Its not a classic, so no one would know what it is anyways and what they can make for a backstory or a sequel, they'll have better chances turning into a game. So what could possibly merit them to make a movie?

Top Bottom