• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

E3: Devil May Cry film

ZeroLove

I think making a DMC movie that won't suck is impossible.... at least for now it is. If it was a CGI maybe, just maybe but a movie i don't see it happening.

I dunno, the action movie scene have been quite popular the last 10 years and recently the videogame movie interpretations haven't been half-bad, though of course the self-proclaimed hardcore fans of the games will always find something to complain about, because that's their job so others won't consider them just another casual gamer which is mighty less prestigious on the internet.

That said, I agree that a CGI movie about Devil May Cry would be absolutely awesome and would feel alot more right for a game like Devil May Cry which has so many stylish moves and monstrous demons which in the end would be made in 3D anyways.

ImPoSsSibLe to CaTcH

I dunno, the action movie scene have been quite popular the last 10 years and recently the videogame movie interpretations haven't been half-bad, though of course the self-proclaimed hardcore fans of the games will always find something to complain about, because that's their job so others won't consider them just another casual gamer which is mighty less prestigious on the internet.

That said, I agree that a CGI movie about Devil May Cry would be absolutely awesome and would feel alot more right for a game like Devil May Cry which has so many stylish moves and monstrous demons which in the end would be made in 3D anyways.
Look now making a Tomb Raider movie isn't that hard you can always find a good cast like (like Olivia Wild who will most probably play Lara) and the right budget it can happen. A Batman movie with the enormous budget it has ... it can't be that hard to make. Devil My Cry on the other hand....there are a lot of reasons why i don't believe that a DMC movie will be good but i'll give a few examples.
Screen Gems - i don't see how they can make that movie good.... yes i know they stand behind the RE series but DMC is a lot more complicated and since it's new it will probably have a 30(maybe less) to 60 million for a budget. In my opinion even James Cameron himself will think twice before starting to work on a DMC type of movie.
Atmosphere - if DMC really turns out to be a low to average budget movie i don't see this happening at all.
The CAST - when we say that im sure that everyone's thinking who can play Dante? I think no one can..... sure they will chose someone, they can make his hair white, his skin pale, even make his eyes blue... Basically they'll turn the guy in to another cosplayer then what? My point is no one can play him... no one
One more thing... i think Resident Evil Retribution will reflect heavily on what kind of budget will DMC have.

ZeroLove

Look now making a Tomb Raider movie isn't that hard you can always find a good cast like (like Olivia Wild who will most probably play Lara) and the right budget it can happen. A Batman movie with the enormous budget it has ... it can't be that hard to make. Devil My Cry on the other hand....there are a lot of reasons why i don't believe that a DMC movie will be good but i'll give a few examples.
Screen Gems - i don't see how they can make that movie good.... yes i know they stand behind the RE series but DMC is a lot more complicated and since it's new it will probably have a 30(maybe less) to 60 million for a budget. In my opinion even James Cameron himself will think twice before starting to work on a DMC type of movie.
Atmosphere - if DMC really turns out to be a low to average budget movie i don't see this happening at all.
The CAST - when we say that im sure that everyone's thinking who can play Dante? I think no one can..... sure they will chose someone, they can make his hair white, his skin pale, even make his eyes blue... Basically they'll turn the guy in to another cosplayer then what? My point is no one can play him... no one
One more thing... i think Resident Evil Retribution will reflect heavily on what kind of budget will DMC have.

Devil May Cry being more complicated than Resident Evil? Are you serious? XD
Other than that, you make some good points.

ImPoSsSibLe to CaTcH

Devil May Cry being more complicated than Resident Evil? Are you serious? XD
Other than that, you make some good points.
Well the Resident Evil are the type of shoot to kill while Devil May Cry is the type of kill with style and make it look beautiful. This is just one of many things that i think DMC exceeds RE. Im sure there are areas where RE surpasses DMC but overall i think making a DMC movies is much, much harder.

ZeroLove

Well the Resident Evil are the type of shoot to kill while Devil May Cry is the type of kill with style and make it look beautiful. This is just one of many things that i think DMC exceeds RE. Im sure there are areas where RE surpasses DMC but overall i think making a DMC movies is much, much harder.

There is a bit more to Resident Evil than just that, but I thought you meant storyplot wise which is a HUGE bowl of candyfloss in the Resident Evil series and by that I don't mean it is puffy, pink and tasty, but a whole lot of strings entwined into one another until it makes a big mass of confusion! :p

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Would you adapt heavily from the canon or adapt loosely and go off into your own direction?

Main pro of doing you own direction is that is needed as the games diont feel like they connect or are leading anywhere.
Just random snippets of Dante's life.
Plus most of the canon arent good stories with 2,4, and the anime being pretty weak and not worth the effort.

main con is that you are falling in the same trap as the other directors as no one really wanted to sit and fix the series. They just wanted to do their own thing.

ZeroLove

Would you adapt heavily from the canon or adapt loosely and go off into your own direction?

Main pro of doing you own direction is that is needed as the games diont feel like they connect or are leading anywhere.
Just random snippets of Dante's life.
Plus most of the canon arent good stories with 2,4, and the anime being pretty weak and not worth the effort.

main con is that you are falling in the same trap as the other directors as no one really wanted to sit and fix the series. They just wanted to do their own thing.

Definately a new storyplot, but with familiar faces such as Trish and Lady, maybe even Vergil.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze

PAUL W.S ANDERSON = disaster

NUFF SAID !! We don't really need a live action movie we REALLY REALLY don't need a live-action DmC move that's overkill !
instead i've seen the anime its decent and it can be made as a cool movie which actually has action or they can make one CGI movie but No live action

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
A DMC movie isnt a bad idea, Dante certiantly deserves one, but a live action film might not work in the favor of fans...
If the actors play it juuuusssstttt right, and the BG animations are done really well, then I will definatly buy it.
If not, well.....

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
If they had to give Dante a costume, I suggest just sticking to the outfit he has in the DMC4 teaser trailer.

It fits dante's sense of style but is less cluttered than his other outfits.

I rather see a show centered on cenetred the ten years between 3 and 1 but I would settle for the movies doing the same thing.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Man Dante looks so "final fantasy" in that teaser. When he walked i thought it was Sepiorith.
But as he got closed i thought "Cloud?"

And i am not a final Fantasy player.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
If they had to give Dante a costume, I suggest just sticking to the outfit he has in the DMC4 teaser trailer.

It fits dante's sense of style but is less cluttered than his other outfits.

I rather see a show centered on cenetred the ten years between 3 and 1 but I would settle for the movies doing the same thing.

I think they gave dante that cowboy dress in DMC4 because they wanted to pose him as a joker a comic relief for the game rather then the main focus of the game which was neroooo -_-"

Jaxxy

not many are fond of the tekken: blood vengeance cgi movie............but i thought it was a good movie that was worth seeing. it delivers action and we get to see more of the mishima family fight........even though everyone wants to see paul pheonix and others....i enjoyed it.

so i think that devil may cry film should be cgi, not live action.

the only live action game based movies i like so far are: Silent Hill and Hitman (even though many people didn't like it....i thought it was good.)

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
not many are fond of the tekken: blood vengeance cgi movie............but i thought it was a gogood.)

yeah the fight was great.......... until that came >>two monsters from world of Warcraft -_-' and also heiachi controlling monster mokujin seriously ?? and jin should change his personality like shown in SFXTK trailer when he turns in devil jin he become a psychopath devil and Devil kazuya is supposed to be all serious and dark he was chatting with everyone like a normal b grade person pathetic !

Bandai sure ruined my all time fav fighting vid game

They should not waste that much money when they can easily make Anime movie with great fight sequences See those Resident evil CGI movies they suck how do you expect they'll make a good CGI DMC movie ?? its better they do an anime sequel to DMC2

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Another thing: IF they do this movie in live-action, I'm really hoping that they don't recycle the actors they've got for the RE movies. Milla is awesome, but in RE (and Ultra Violet). So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Capcom don't cast her as Trish!!!! If she does appear in the movie I want it to be in a minor role, and with minor role I mean when someone says 'Milla is in the DMC movie' after I've seen it and I go 'she IS?' You know what I mean?
And also please, do NOT put Charlize Theron in it, at all. It's sure to fail then. Not because she's not good at acting but because she's just so full of her bloody self that all I want to do is go and pelt her parents' house with rotten tomatoes. I've never met anyone as vain as her. My WORD Charlize, yeah we're proud of you, but by golly gosh don't expect us to bend over and worship you like a god or something. Serias!
Yes, I massively dislike her and I avoid watching any movie with her in it.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! That's just so wrong!! That's the worst dissicion EVER!! Do a movie on the original at least! Wait scrach that. Remember resident evil...You know what, screw it, whatever.

Jaxxy

yeah the fight was great.......... until that came >>two monsters from world of Warcraft -_-' and also heiachi controlling monster mokujin seriously ?? and jin should change his personality like shown in SFXTK trailer when he turns in devil jin he become a psychopath devil and Devil kazuya is supposed to be all serious and dark he was chatting with everyone like a normal b grade person pathetic !

Bandai sure ruined my all time fav fighting vid game

They should not waste that much money when they can easily make Anime movie with great fight sequences See those Resident evil CGI movies they suck how do you expect they'll make a good CGI DMC movie ?? its better they do an anime sequel to DMC2

i shouldn't bring final fantasy, and assassin's creed into this.....but they have really good fmv.... and i just kind of wish that dmc cinematic was up to that level. i am disappointed in RE movie too....that's why i never finish watching it to the end.
i am kind of picky at final fantasy for having tha

Top Bottom