• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Due to DmC's bad sales......

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
No. I admit to it being a reply to a post about the topic. And also a fact. Go out and work for a company that deals with the public and tell me that you are not required to uphold a public image.

NT is neither the first nor the last company to respond to people who hate them. You're basically saying they have to take everyone's insults due to the fact that they have to hold up public image. They can do whatever they want, especially after the public struck first.

No. I never said that ever. I said the onus is on companies to gain customers' trust and uphold an expected professional standard that customers are not expected to because they are customers, not professionals.

Gain the customers' trust? They've made an above average game, and that's all they're obligated to do. The customer can play it for themselves, or leave it be. Insults are never called for.

And I never claimed any of that so you are obviously having a different discussion in your head to the one I'm having on this board.

Another back-handed insult made to say that I'm delusional. And once again, you will deny making that insult, because you just can't admit your actions.

AlchemistFromEden

How is a fraction of the previous entry's sales, slashed predictions from their own company and widespread mockery across the internet a better reception?

Or do you mean to say that you get all your opinions from magazines and industry shills? (`~`)
once again, we can't determine the amount of sales until march, when the fiscal year ends, also widespread mockery, from where? 4chan, where they still believe vergil turns into a dinosaur, and getting nothing but praise from any publication or journalism website, or do you mean the angry youtube comments made by people with nothing better to do, yeah i don't think they care

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Another back-handed insult made to say that I'm delusional. And once again, you will deny making that insult, because you just can't admit your actions.
Go round and round all you want. I've reported you and your posts already. Maybe you'll get a slap on the wrist and maybe you won't. Either way, you've given me no reason to believe you're anything but overreactive and confused.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I don't believe I will get a slap on the wrist.

And if a mod does get involved, then that's ok.

I tried to leave this conversation alone, but you had to take that parting shot, and then try to make me look like I'm the one who started it.

Nothing but overreactive and confused? Notice how I haven't said anything about you, and yet you're always pushing your opinions on my personality on me? And then saying that it's fact? That's implying that I'm nothing. And too emotional.

You may not have outright said it, but you definitely insulted me.

In a subtle way, yes, but it was still an insult.

Agent47_89

700,000 sales is a failure when they have a few months left to make sales? great logic, "oh it didn't make as much as dmc4 initially, but got better reception, FAIL" -_-
Look, you're taking the defence for DmC too seriously. I like DmC but the initial sales aren't stellar, though the predicted sales were way too high even if it was DMC5.

Edit:Rambo: They drew first blood, not me.

Trautman: Look Johnny, let me come in and get you the hell out of there!

Rambo: They drew first blood...

Trautman: Rambo, are you still reading me? Covey leader to Raven! Rambo! Acknowledge!

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I don't believe I will get a slap on the wrist.

And if a mod does get involved, then that's ok.

I tried to leave this conversation alone, but you had to take that parting shot, and then try to make me look like I'm the one who started it.

Overreactive and confused? Notice how I haven't said anything about you, and yet you're always pushing your opinions on my personality on me? And then saying that it's fact? That's implying that I'm too emotional. You may not have outright said it, but you definitely insulted me.

In a subtle way, yes, but it was still an insult.
If by parting shot you mean examples of you and Alchemist being unduly personal with me, that's not a parting shot, since you said it and I only highlighted what I believe getting personal means. It also means it's there for a mod to see in case any of it gets changed before they can to hide what was said.

I believe you began it because my first post in reference to you wasn't personal nor insulting. Yet your first post in reference to me was inflammatory and personal.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Your first post was insulting. And you're just denying it again.

And you said, "ride each other" implying homosexuality. You don't have to outright call other people gay to insinuate as such.

just leaves other people thinking you were both riding each other to fling **** at me and derail it.

And now this is there for a mod to see, in case you decide to deny it like you always do.

So now I don't give a rat's ass if I do [insult others] or not.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
What was this insulting first post to you, exactly? Quote it. I want to be sure I'm referring to the right one since we are not apparently on the same page here.

As for riding each other, imply what you like, you certainly seemed to be enjoying jumping on my back.

Cross-reference the hell out of that ****, Alchemist! :mad:

As for appealing to the mods to see that I don't give a rat's ass if you feel insulted or not (what was meant) after you've so joyfully ragged on me, good luck with that, newbie.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
What was this insulting first post to you, exactly? Quote it. I want to be sure I'm referring to the right one since we are not apparently on the same page here.

As for riding each other, imply what you like, you certainly seemed to be enjoying jumping on my back.

Once again, implying homosexuality and pretending you never insulted me.

Well no, you don't have to be professional if you are not a professional trying to sell someone a product or a service. The onus is not on the customer to convince or gain trust, is it.

This is to make me look like I was wrong. You're basically saying I have no idea what I'm talking about. By saying that I know nothing, it's an insult.

Well you are wrong, because it wasn't just a reply, it's a fact.

And by "confirming" that I know nothing by saying it's pure fact, you're basically reaffirming this insult. It's backhanded, subtle, but still an insult.

As for appealing to the mods to see that I don't give a rat's ass if you feel insulted or not (what was meant) after you've so joyfully ragged on me, good luck with that, newbie.

Good of you to confirm that you don't care about insulting others. You decided to appeal to the mods first, so like you said, "eye for an eye".

As for me wanting Alchemist to confirm that you were telling the truth, I see nothing wrong with fact-checking.

Alchemist showed video proof of him going to college, while you've shown nothing.

So yeah, Alchemist.

Cross

reference

the

hell

out

of

that

(you can quote that if you want, by the way)

It's not so much of a demand to want proof. The fact that you're not willing to show anything already puts your claims under suspicion.

Agent47_89

Rambo: I could have killed 'em all, I could've killed you. In town you're the law, out here it's me. Don't push it! Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe. Let it go. Let it go!

V

Oldschool DMC fan
No quote?

I'm sure my very existence insults and offends you now.

As I said, you were so ready to attack and insult me, I don't care how insulted you feel now or how many double meanings you can convince yourself are in my posts. :lol:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
No quote?

I'm sure my very existence insults and offends you now.

As I said, you were so ready to attack and insult me, I don't care how insulted you feel now or how many double meanings you can convince yourself are in my posts. :lol:

I just quoted you... I've been quoting you. Look up at the previous posts.

And they were insults with double-meanings, no matter how hard you try to deny it.

And you did start this. With a double-meaning insult.

Agent47_89

Trautman: You picked the wrong man to push.

Teasle: No, Trautman. HE picked the wrong man!

Trautman: That boy's a *heart attack*! He may be the best the Special Forces ever trained. Anything *you're* gonna throw at him, he's been through a hundred times worse! In WORSE places than this!

V

Oldschool DMC fan
The riding quote was not my first reply in reference to you.

It was long after you'd both decided to explain how businesses obviously don't need to uphold any image at all in public, told me I am full of 'excuses', discussed whether or not I am Japanese, told me I've experienced some kind of 'public incident'(?) hence some chip on my shoulder according to you, told me that I have no idea what I am talking about, and irrelevantly demanded I tell you what games my family members worked on to supposedly enforce the credibility I don't need to enforce, because 'public relations' and 'public image' wouldn't exist if I was incorrect about it being necessary.

After all that, I kinda lost my patience for you.

Oh, you can read it that way if you want. But you can't prove whether I meant it or not. ;)

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Oh, you can read it that way if you want. But you can't prove whether I meant it or not. ;)

I can't prove something as abstract as feelings.

But you can't deny that it was not your intent to insult me, either. The fact that you went so far out of your way to deny only makes you look more suspicious.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I can't prove something as abstract as feelings.

But you can't deny that it was not your intent to insult me, either. The fact that you went so far out of your way to deny only makes you look more suspicious.
Yeah, that'd stand up in court. :w00t:

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Well we'll see what the mods make of it. Whether they decide you reacted more aggressively or I, whether I was more provoked by the pair or you even though I was trying to have a normal conversation, or whether the pair of you didn't have a good long go at me before you decide to hypocritically claw at 'insults' you can find from me to justify yourself after the fact.

Top Bottom