• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Doom 4

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
As I said, I dunno if having only SP in an FPS and nothing else is enough to justify a full price buy. I think it's not.

Besides, who tells u that SP won't be strong regardless?
looking at before-last Wolfenstein, I'd say it's more than possible. I'm fine with single player FPSs. Last Wolfenstien was mind-blowing. I got it as present and it was enough to justify repurchasing it on Ps4

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Well I'm happy they're finally adding the color back in :)
tumblr_o0nxty9mqq1tqw94do10_1280.jpg

tumblr_o0nxty9mqq1tqw94do5_1280.jpg

tumblr_o0nxty9mqq1tqw94do6_1280.jpg

tumblr_o0nxty9mqq1tqw94do7_1280.jpg

tumblr_o0nxty9mqq1tqw94do8_1280.jpg

tumblr_o0nxty9mqq1tqw94do2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o0nxty9mqq1tqw94do4_1280.jpg

tumblr_o0nxty9mqq1tqw94do3_1280.jpg

tumblr_o0nxty9mqq1tqw94do9_1280.jpg

tumblr_o0nxty9mqq1tqw94do1_1280.jpg

Also it was such a delight to read that Doom would not give a damn about story, glad to hear Doom is still living by John Carmack's quote :)
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/doom-is-totally-rock-n-roll-dev-says/1100-6433576/

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
If you listen carefully you can hear the original Doom theme in there

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
not bothered by story comment, but if it means campaign is 3 hours long, Ill pass
When Doom isn't concerned about story it means it can focus on it's level design to suit the gameplay, which is why that level shown off in the E3 demo had multiple paths similar to the levels in the original Doom.
When levels are built around the story they're more linear and straight forward like Doom 3 was.
So I doubt ignoring the story will make the game short when the levels can be made bigger and more complex.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
not bothered by story comment, but if it means campaign is 3 hours long, Ill pass

Hehehe why, you never seen a game with a story that you can finish in an afternoon?

Just because a game doesn't have a story doesn't necessarily mean it's short.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
@Foxtrot94 @xMobilemux I actually more concerned about multiplayer-singleplayer comaprisment. It would be shame if it ends up as before previous Wolfenstein with underwhelming story and tons of multiplayer

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Using a picture would be better, Doom 2016 is going back to 1993.
leveldesignclassic.jpg

If you played Doom back in the day you'd know that it took hours to figure out those levels when you have to navigate those maze like levels while surviving against hordes of enemies, enemy closets, finding key cards and keeping your heath and ammo up, today we can complete them in a matter of minutes, but a lot of people have been spoiled by linear levels so the magic just might repeat itself in Doom 2016, especially if there's like 20 of these levels made.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Like I said lack of story isn't a problem tbh. I just worried if it means "we don't care for single-player"

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Like I said lack of story isn't a problem tbh. I just worried if it means "we don't care for single-player"
That won't be the case, the multiplayer is more of a gory Halo, I know cause I've played it, that's as good as it gets.
Clearly more thought is going into single player cause that's what Doom is famous for.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
That was almost the case before they decided to scrap it and start over to make what we're gonna get now (You'll notice some reused assets like the Double Barrel shotgun and chainsaw).

id Software called this "Call of Doom" during development, I'm not even kidding.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
WHOOO!!!! Coming in May!!!!

I love that they've added in so much color, the Doomguy's armor is bright green again and not grey!!!

Dark Drakan

Admin
New Doom on Xbox One Comes With Free Doom 1 and Doom 2

If you pre-order DOOM on Xbox One, you’ll be gifted free copies of the original DOOM and DOOM II.

Both DOOM and DOOM II are available on Xbox One as backward-compatible titles. Codes for the games are expected to arrive in the buyer’s Xbox Message Center within 7-10 days, and are redeemable on the Xbox website.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Thought of letting you guys know.

2j4o94w.png

1zfn7u8.jpg

is he doing the MoCap for DOOM GUY! he didn't say
i mean it would make sense since Dan was also a Power Ranger
so he can pull off acting in a suit like that

but if he is DOOM GUY that would be so awesome
like this is what happens when Vergil doesn't have Yamato :D