• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Doom 4

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I don't see how Doomguy would need much Mo Cap, most of his animations are walking and punching, also story is not a concern with this franchise so story heavy cutscenes are unlikely.
I did get a look at the leaked plot but quickly stopped reading cause I didn't want anymore spoilers. But the stuff I did get sounded like a fan fiction.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
People don't seem happy with the beta on Steam. They Sa it's very casualized, and feels more like a Halo clone than a Doom game.

And I hear that right? There are loadouts? Loadouts? In Doom?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Ok, I've had a taste of the beta and... yeah I've had fun but I agree with those who say it doesn't feel like Doom. I dunno about those who say it feels like Halo as I've never played Halo but I'm sad to say it felt more like Call of Duty than Doom to me.

Loadouts, weapon number restrictions, perks, level progression... there's even a glowing pathway to indicate you where the objective is in the map. Man.
Among the good things, more of a sense of verticality thanks to the double jump and ledge climbing and there's no weapon reload slowing down the fights.

But overall this doesn't seem the Doom I was waiting for, so I'm not gonna buy it, not day one at least. As of now, looks like if I have an itch for Arena FPS, my choice has got to keep being the king Unreal Tournament, which as far as I'm concerned, even in its alpha state, is already superior in terms of gameplay and even visuals. Like, graphics looks like kinda blurry and textures don't look like particularly high res like in the screenshots I've seen. There were no advanced graphics options in the menu though, so I dunno at which level they set the graphics at. Benefit of the doubt there.

Last edited:

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
I found the multiplayer loads of fun and I've dominated nearly every match I've been in, even back in the closed alphas and I hadn't played a competitive shooter in a long time, of all my beta playtime today my team always won and I came in 1st place every match I was in except for this 1 time I came into a game late into the match on the loosing team and even then I still had the best kill count in the team.
So either the people I've been playing with totally suck ass or muscle memory from my Quake and UT days serve me well.

Though yeah the multiplayer doesn't feel entirely like Doom, it's more like if Halo and Unreal Tournament had a baby and some of the least good things of Halo got transferred over.

But it does feel smooth, fast and satisfying to play and that's good enough for me to have fun.

Although multiplayer is not the reason I'm hyped as hell for the game, the single player is what Doom is known for and I'm still waiting for Bethesda to give us that video about Doom Snapmap they promised 3 weeks ago and still waiting for some more trailers of single player.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
I've downloaded and played a different version of this but I really want this one!

Last edited:
Top Bottom