• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does anyone LIKE DMC2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i liked it the others were better but i liked it the addition of lucia and trish was fun and playing with the majin form as a super character was awesome nly letdown was boring enemies and a small moveset

LuciferHades

Let's rock,babes!!
Really, I prefer the way DMC 2 handled itself in ways that honestly feel a bit like Devil May Cry,also I think that Dante's look in the second game is badass

Ixbran

Smashing~
*jumps up and down waving his arms around like a spaz*

tumblr_inline_mvmlm8z1u51qicy2a.gif

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Devil May Cry 2 gave us Rain Storm, Fireworks, laid the groundwork for the styles and carried some inspiration into the next games. It's obvious they had good ideas, but with the timeframe they were given and lack of experience the team had, the game ended up passable. Honestly I think that's a testament to the team's skill as game designers, because the game is playable and glitchless as far as I'm aware. The next time someone tried to do a game in this short of a timeframe we got Sonic '06. And then history repeated with Sonic Boom, but yeahhh...

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
It's a decent game. I don't think it is as good as the Devil May Cry games but I didn't hate myself for playing it more than once. I do still have a tendency to make the joke that DMC2 doesn't count but that's purely for the LOLs

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Eh, it was alright I guess. I enjoyed it at the time though I probably wouldn't go back to it anytime soon.
I do think that DMC2 had the best Dante design though, and although his personality was a 180 turn from DMC1 I thought he was pretty cool.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
wow, this is an old thread..

And does anyone? All devil may cry fans like DMC2, when somebody says they don't, well it's just them lying or being shy..

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Sorta, but it is the worst of the series.
The game has no story, they turned Dante into a brick with no personality (Though the DMC2 design is the character's best imo), the game requires no strategy, while the game did give improvements to the gameplay mechanics, the fact Dante only has 3 weapons, all of which are swords with the exact same moveset, just one's slow but strong, one's fast but weak, and Rebellion's a balance, kinda makes me prefer DMC1's gameplay (Least in that game the stronger sword also had new moves, and it also had a set of gauntlets, something only DMC2 lacks).

Neigh Bird

SSStrange!!!
From what I remember, I enjoyed my time w/ it. Dante had a kickass design, some of the gameplay innovations were cool (specifically the gunplay), and um, yeah, I don't really remember a whole lot. It's been so long since I've touched DMC1 and DMC2.

I know I enjoyed them both, though.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
wow, this is an old thread....

Yes, over two years old to be precise. Not only that but there seems to be two threads running in similarity to one another here. There's already a much more recent thread to discuss whether you liked this game or not. I'm letting you all know to please not bump old threads. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom