• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does anyone LIKE DMC2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s8ntmark

I'm playing this right now and while it looks pretty good (Dantes costume is the BEST in the series IMHO, and i like the cell shading) the game play is somewhat disappointing and storywise Dante has no personalty. Some of the Boss (and Mini Boss) battles are PONDEROUS, with 4 and 5 level health bars? wtf?? They just go on and on AND You can pretty much spam them with Ebony and Ivory or Devil Trigger.

And don't you just love returning to a spot where you've beat some enemies just to have them respawn again and again? That feels cheap to me.....Like the game is trying to add a level of difficulty that it didn't have. I'm easily beating it on Normal, which is saying something for me with a DMC game ;)

...And the Camera, as a whole, on all of the old games. Fixed and uncontrollable cameras need to be done away with. In DMC2 I'm fighting enemies by firing OFF SCREEN because the camera is fixed....what kind of BS is that? i just finished DMC1 and the camera was one of the main reasons I died during Boss Battles (that and the fact that some of them were hard as hell [for me]) its so much fun trying to fight Nightmare or Phantom when Dante is behind them and they are covering the screen......UGH!

...but for DMC2 it feels really empty, like there isn't much there...it feels hollow. Dante seems to be running around fighting Bosses, for no reason...just because they're there...it feels like they didn't have a plan for this, so they threw a bunch of Boss battles together and called it Devil May Cry 2. Does anyone here like it?

Dante47

It was okay.
It didn't exactly achieve the level of depth I require in a Devil May Cry game, but it was okay.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I liked it too (prefer it to DMC4).

Same here.

I'm curious. Are you saying DMC2's gameplay is somehow..."better"? with the largest air-quotes I can manage around the word Better.

Well for me I'd rather play a silent hero who has TWO devil Triggers, and is a more darker and to the point, then some blow heart in chaps who seems like the type to laugh at a funeral and a poser who tries to be like the past protagonist with an infected arm.

But that's just me.

Wait...why are we talking about DMC2 in the DmC forum?:/

Last edited by a moderator:

Terrutas

I prefer Lucia over Nero
Dante was less of a douche.
Granted the graphics are a bit rubbish (but it's the ps2 what do you expect).
No soppy storyline.

EDIT: plus what DragonMaster2010 said :3
I also don't like Nero. But I asked you to elaborate on the gameplay part. not the story part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom