• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does anyone LIKE DMC2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like DMC2 in small doses. I play it for a good half hour and I'm able to enjoy its goods. A little longer than that, tho, and the bads make me want to turn it off and never touch it again for a long while.

The missions are pretty short so you can finish DMC2 pretty quickly, are the missions fun to run around in and fight? Hell no, Probably the reason why I finish it so quick, 'cause I want to get it done with and unlock Trish.

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
The missions are pretty short so I find I can get DMC2 over and done with quick, are the missions fun to run around in and fight? Hell no, Probably the reason why I finish it so quick, 'cause I want to get it done with and unlock Trish.

Obviously not in a second run, but in my first run I want to make a game a long as possible (without forcing it, of course), so I took my time to explore around. On second runs, however, I took my time to find all secret rooms (which weren't too bad, if anything because, holy crap, they spawn multiple bosses like they were average enemies), amulets and weapons I missed, so I did take me longer than that during missions, but it didn't take long until I wanted to get done with it already so I could stop being aggravated by the mediocre combat.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Honestly, I only like Majin form. But, at least it invented Rain storm, pause combos, and aerial rave

Rilgar

I fought the war but the war won't staaaahhhppp...
Even the Diesel outfit looked good on Dante. I still dig that jacket and scarf. Makes him look like Leon.

And I agree with you about the look and feel of the game. It felt gritty, like everything was really old. And it felt more... Open than other DMC games.

Mmm!

It was gritty, cruel, hopeless. It was gothic and it was mean. It really pressed the film noir angle, and that made it all the more graphically appealing for the eye to behold, poor storyline aside of course.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Mmm!

It was gritty, cruel, hopeless. It was gothic and it was mean. It really pressed the film noir angle, and that made it all the more graphically appealing for the eye to behold, poor storyline aside of course.

Not to mention out of the whole series it still has the largest variety of bosses and enemies.

Rilgar

Not to mention out of the whole series it still has the largest variety of bosses and enemies.

Ah yes, how could I forget that! The game showed a wide variety of bosses. I mean, where else would you get a raging gorilla and a possessed chopper? Haha. And Bolverk....second fight....cool, but the angst...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Ah yes, how could I forget that! The game showed a wide variety of bosses. I mean, where else would you get a raging gorilla and a possessed chopper? Haha. And Bolverk....second fight....cool, but the angst...

Everyone I know hates the Infested Chopper for some reason. >_>

RisenProphet

Savior of the Unknown
I'm a fan of it... It was the one I got first and while yes it has less smartass/funny comments I feel Dante is more muture wich I liked. Also I like the addons to his DT

Rilgar

Me, I just found that boss battle random lol. I like what they did with Dante's DT. Cause. Le wings. <3 Also, am I right in saying that spamming Ebony & Ivory would help a lot in the majority of fights in this game? Sure saved my raw hide several times, anyway.

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
Everyone I know hates the Infested Chopper for some reason. >_>
The Infested Chopper battle was attrocious, but the entire sequence leading to it felt incredible, or at least it had the potential to be so. Jumping around the roofs and killing enemies along the way while avoiding the chopper felt very exciting and, why not, stylish. Maybe had they made the chopper fall down and the real boss of the mission appear in the final roof instead they would have made it better.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
The Infested Chopper battle was attrocious, but the entire sequence leading to it felt incredible, or at least it had the potential to be so. Jumping around the roofs and killing enemies along the way while avoiding the chopper felt very exciting and, why not, stylish. Maybe had they made the chopper fall down and the real boss of the mission appear in the final roof instead they would have made it better.

At least it was a bigger threat than the Infested Tanks.

snausages

The only good boss in DMC2 was the firey thing at the end because it was the only boss enemy in the game that demanded something other than rolling around like a spaz shooting your guns.

Argosax whatever is probably the worst boss in the entire series. That or the thing that flings big iron balls at you. What a joke that guy was.

S.F.W

King of Hearts
I like Lucia, so I guess I like a certain part of DMC2. What really made me a bit disappointed was the combat system. Combos simply become 60% gun spam with occasional sword strikes. When I actually tried to play the game with just the sword because I felt the guns were pretty cheap, I was f***ed over (Especially during the boss fights). Ah well, you live and learn.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
I liked it...I don't know what you guys are talking about...DMC 2 dante was awesome in Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne

EvilX-81

The only good boss in DMC2 was the firey thing at the end because it was the only boss enemy in the game that demanded something other than rolling around like a spaz shooting your guns.

LoL that's the only thing I could find to do against that guy. He didn't seem to have any damn openings for close hand combat from what I remember. But he was certainly awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom