• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

do you think the real devil may cry 5 in development right now by capcom ?

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Ah but really...half demon, half angel...>_>; -Still can't get over this one fact.-
I always wondered why there wasn't any angels in DMC. I figured Dante was going to go to hell because of his blood and the angels ignored him for that fact. (thats with nothing to go on) and then in DMC3 i thought i saw an angel. It was the enemy that floats around and goes through walls, swinging a crazy long sword of some sorts. (hard as hell the first time) And then in DMC4 its like the savior and that stuttering scientist tried to imitate angels to not look as bad to the people. (going way off topic) and there is tons of angel references through out the game like stones or tablets that have angelic wording on them.
I think NT is just using the angelic side more of a game mechanic. If they actually do a good job explaining why Dante is half angel, instead of just saying an angel and a devil got it on, then thats a bonus for me.
what was my point again? i dont even kno:'(

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I always wondered why there wasn't any angels in DMC. I figured Dante was going to go to hell because of his blood and the angels ignored him for that fact. (thats with nothing to go on) and then in DMC3 i thought i saw an angel. It was the enemy that floats around and goes through walls, swinging a crazy long sword of some sorts. (hard as hell the first time) And then in DMC4 its like the savior and that stuttering scientist tried to imitate angels to not look as bad to the people. (going way off topic) and there is tons of angel references through out the game like stones or tablets that have angelic wording on them.
I think NT is just using the angelic side more of a game mechanic. If they actually do a good job explaining why Dante is half angel, instead of just saying an angel and a devil got it on, then thats a bonus for me.
what was my point again? i dont even kno:'(

*Knock knock* Devil may cry was never about angels hell there are no angels there are only two kinds of beings as said in DMC1's intro "one who were the demons" other the humans but they both were separated for some reason there is no mention of Angels as they may have even higher and discreet existence

yeah that would be DAMN interesting to play as an halfangel rescuing the "Noble" son of sparda from hell what do you think ?? that would do great like when you start new game you get two options "Play as Dante" in eerie Red and other option more highlighted and bright "Play as angel guy " wow that would be cool to see dante escaping hell to save the human world

Just imagine the tension Dante trying to escape the hell and on the other hand all hell is breaking loose in human world and dante must return to save the day and throwing other's like nero into the mix is just what needed to make the game more awesome

@Dante47 yeah its a good idea BUT only if implemented correctly which is unlikely to happen :p

Dante47

I like the idea of Dante being half angel and half demon. It makes me wonder, the demons will still be the disgusting monstrous creatures they always have been, but what about the angels? Are they as divine as we think they are? What are they in the game? I can't wait to see. It should be interesting. But even if Capcom was making DMC5, why should we ignore the awesome DMC that's standing before us?
It has great potential.

Zaiachi

Parasite Kitty
the demons will still be the disgusting monstrous creatures they always have been
So much prejudice for the poor demons....
lilith-boohoo.gif

Y U MAKE LILITH CRY?!
Oh, don't mind me. o.o I just like demons.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
she is a succubus which is a demon.
Same race as nevan

if the op is true, then i'll play both and buy the one with the better features or storyline.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
she is a succubus which is a demon.
Same race as nevan

if the op is true, then i'll play both and buy the one with the better features or storyline.

there are hideous nasty looking humans too ya know >
images
demons no exception

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Honestly it just seems like many of you guys lost hope completely, I think it is very possible that they're working on a DMC5 the idea isn't that ridiculous. (At least to me.)

Look at RE ever since 5 came out the fans were bugging the crap out of capcom about 6. All capcom gave us for years was, "Well, we're, not sure, we're thinkin' bout it, we might, we might not. And with the production of RE spinoffs it seemed like there was no way in hell that they could possibly even think about making a 6th sequel, and low and behold I walk into a gamestop and see RE6 coming out THIS YEAR! This year are you ****ing kidding me? Many of us had not even seen a freakin trailer yet and it's already set for realease. I remember there was a rumor going around that there would not be an official RE sequel after part 5 for like 8 years, it's only been about 3 and they have already produced 3 more games since 5. I say never say never.

Capcom likes to:
1. Be full of crap.
2. Change their minds
3.Get rid of old producers and hire new ones that decide to override many of the things the last producer did.

I have read a few very well written DMC fanfics in my days and I must say IMO, it's really not that hard to correct these stories and fill the plotholes while keeping the bulk of the fanbase happy. If ordinary bored fans can make a fanfic better written and more tied in with the stories than the actual published novels, anime, and manga then I would imagine that the actual makers of the game can. We just need producers that seem to care.

By the way as for the DMC fanbase being tiny...I've never heard of that honestly, I don't know if it depends on where we come from or the area we live in, but in my experience almost every gamer i've talked to has played and liked DMC.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
By the way as for the DMC fanbase being tiny...I've never heard of that honestly, I don't know if it depends on where we come from or the area we live in, but in my experience almost every gamer i've talked to has played and liked DMC.

ReRave says it has a tiny fanbase because of the country that he lived.If you look on the net and heard of the hack and slash series,majority of fans will say DMC and yeah it has a really big fanbase imo.Just look at the sites that i mention and look at youtube comments.

Oh btw the succubus is named morrigan aesland and she is hot :D

ZeroLove

My opinion depends on this new Devil May Cry game. If it is good and I like it, I might not even want there to be a follow-up on the original series. However, if this game turns out to be bad, I would definately want Capcom to continue the original series and leave this project behind. And I can't help feeling like Capcom has the same mindset. It all depends on the success of this game.

Zaiachi

Parasite Kitty
WHERE DO YOU LIVE?! really they are only 60 dollars around here usually depending on sales

Philippines. 8D Where everything game related -- hobby related-- is insanely expensive. I mean...for example, Batman: Arkham Asylym costed 3.5k. :| I really wanted it...but I had to kiss it goodbye.

Calculating...DMC's HDC might range from aroun 1.5k to 2k. =.= -needs to stay in a job or she can kiss her game life good bye.-

Zaiachi

Parasite Kitty
ReRave says it has a tiny fanbase because of the country that he lived.If you look on the net and heard of the hack and slash series,majority of fans will say DMC and yeah it has a really big fanbase imo.Just look at the sites that i mention and look at youtube comments.

Oh btw the succubus is named morrigan aesland and she is hot :D

I can't ever think DMC had a small fanbase...everyone I know and I mean everyone...nongamers and gamers alike know it and likes it. o.o;

On a side note, that one isn't Morrigan. It's Lilith, Morrigan's sister. xD Notice the hair, it's short. But I agree, Morrigan is hot...I'd tap that and I'm a girl. :|

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
neko.gif

-Has a hopeful look in her eyes.-
So...if we bug the hell out of capcom, they bring back charismatic swagger king Dante and the whole gang and make DMC5?
Yes, what we need to do is, go to the main building, find the big boss, and just keep poking his shoulder untill he saids yes. Works everytime! 8D

Zaiachi

Parasite Kitty
Then we should start doing this every waking day of his life. 8D Until he says yes. Besides, according from what they said before...DMC5 will be made according to what the fans want. >_> So I'm guessing (and I can only hope)...this is a test to see what the fans want.

ZeroLove

I can't ever think DMC had a small fanbase...everyone I know and I mean everyone...nongamers and gamers alike know it and likes it. o.o;

On a side note, that one isn't Morrigan. It's Lilith, Morrigan's sister. xD Notice the hair, it's short. But I agree, Morrigan is hot...I'd tap that and I'm a girl. :|

Sorry about being off-topic, I will make this short. Being the Darkstalker/Vampire Saviour fan I am, I feel like I need to make this clear. :p

Sometime in Morrigan's life, her father, Berial, took her soul and split it into three pieces, because the power she held within her was too big for her to control and would in the end destroy her if he didn't do so. One piece stayed inside of her, the other piece hidden in a void which Berial had created himself and the third part was sealed within himself. After her father's death and Morrigan took the throne of Makai's (the demon realm) ruler, the second piece was unlocked to her. However, the third piece had started to form a conscious of its own and was later found by Jedah who turned it into Lilith.

All in all, Lilith is a part of Morrigan's soul, not her sister or anything like that. In Morrigan's ending, she and Lilith becomes one once more. You can read more about it here:

http://darkstalkers.wikia.com/wiki/Lilith

Alright, again sorry about being off-topic. Please, continue. ^^

Top Bottom