• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

do you think the real devil may cry 5 in development right now by capcom ?

dantekane47

do you think they do in dmc the same think capcom did with resident evil
and that make onther development make a spin-off game when they actually make the real game such as
resident evil operation racoon city made by onother development when capcom work in resident evil 6

RemorsefulVergil

No unfortunately. I think the only way we'll see a comeback of the old dante would be if dmc reboot turned out to be a complete failure but i don' t think it will as it looks realli good in my opinion but i am far more lookin forward to the hd collection than the dmc reboot.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Do you think that they will do with DMC the same what Capcom did with Resident Evil?
and that make another development make a spin-off game when they actually make the real game such as
Resident Evil Operation Racoon City made by Another development whiles Capcom works on Resident Evil 6.
Don't mind me , just fixing up your grammar , spelling, and making it a little more understandable for I felt like being a
Grammar_Natzee_revised_by_doommech33_7836.jpg

and no I presume by the fact that they bashed the old DMC way too much

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
No unfortunately. I think the only way we'll see a comeback of the old dante would be if dmc reboot turned out to be a complete failure but i don' t think it will as it looks realli good in my opinion but i am far more lookin forward to the hd collection than the dmc reboot.

If the reboot is a complete failure, then Devil May Cry's name will forever be associated with a failure greater than its victories, won't it? That will not help the sales or the production of a fifth canonical Devil May Cry game.

Domenic93

If the reboot is a complete failure, then Devil May Cry's name will forever be associated with a failure greater than its victories, won't it? That will not help the sales or the production of a fifth canonical Devil May Cry game.
yah just look at the sales of 3 it's considered by many to be the best of the originals, but it did horible sales wise since they people were scared it would be like the second game

ReRave

smug jerk
yah just look at the sales of 3 it's considered by many to be the best of the originals, but it did horible sales wise since they people were scared it would be like the second game
more like "since nobody cared for DMC in general". You people shoud face the fact, that DMC never was a big franchise. DMC4 sales proved that.
DMC-fans are actually not that common as you might think.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
"since nobody cared for DMC in general"

ORLY?!?

Anyway,no i don't think that the original DMC 5 was in development by capcom right now.It silly really,

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
IGN,Gamespot,kotaku,youtube,deviantart,THE ANIME SOCIETY,Other gaming communities and whatsoever..........or maybe DMC isn't just really well received in germany?
Being top 3 for capcom's greatest series and how dante is the 2nd or 3rd most popular character in MvC3....
Yeah that's really tiny.

ReRave

smug jerk
or maybe DMC isn't just really well received in germany?
None of the groups above are big communities. The anime community is mostly frowned at.
The last point is interesting, though: this might very well be the case. I don't really know about any other countries, so I'm just focusing on what I know for certain and that is, that most of the german gamers I know smile and shhake their heads about anime-style games.

Being top 3 for capcom's greatest series and how dante is the 2nd or 3rd most popular character in MvC3....
Yeah that's really tiny.
It is. Capcom has like 3 big franchises going: RE, Megaman, DMC. So he has to be among the top three, right?
About MvC: Can't speak for that, Beat' em Ups bore me to death, never touched the game.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
The anime community is mostly frowned at.

No.

The last point is interesting, though: this might very well be the case. I don't really know about any other countries, so I'm just focusing on what I know for certain and that is, that most of the german gamers I know smile and shhake their heads about anime-style games.

"That's it sir!That is actually my point.I thought god of war has a small community too since i live in asia but that all changed.I would even go as far to say that god of war and devil may have equal fanbase(I'm pretty sure you would disagree with this so no need to tell me)

I guess that is one of the reason why they rebooted the game so it can be much much more popular in the west since the old dmc series is highly i mean highly popular here in asia.So rock on ;) lol

ReRave

smug jerk
I guess that is one of the reason why they rebooted the game so it can be much much more popular in the west since the old dmc series is highly i mean highly popular here in asia.l
You should have said so before (that you're asian, I mean).
Could have saved that. Oh, and yes, I DO think God of War's fanbase is bigger. That's another story though, so let's not completely spoil the thread now.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Okay.
Now from what i have said above why its silly that dmc 5 is in development right now is
whats the point of the reboot if they will just have a DMC5?
Devil may cry 1 and 3 is my most favorite games of all time and i pretend that 2 and 4 don't exist because of the inconsistent story line.
Honestly,even if the dmc 5 is currently in development i would still look forward more on the reboot instead.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Sieghart ,Rerave, I am no mod but please continue this via pm so this thread doesn't get LOCKED UP IN A POW CAMP

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Okay.
Now from what i have said above why its silly that dmc 5 is in development right now is
whats the point of the reboot if they will just have a DMC5?
Devil may cry 1 and 3 is my most favorite games of all time and i pretend that 2 and 4 don't exist because of the inconsistent story line.
Honestly,even if the dmc 5 is currently in development i would still look forward more on the reboot instead.
DMC1 should of been the end of DMC. DMC3 loosely connects to the first game. The only reason its a prequal really is because Dante is younger than he ever was in any previous DMC game. DMC4 was just a carbon copy of DMC3, they just added Nero to the mix.
If DMC5 is in production, its going to need to reboot the fighting system and make it less complicated if its going to bring in a new fan base. Not to mention how boring and slow everything else is besides the combat. The environments need an upgrade too, basically everything DmC is doing, but put OrigiDante in the middle of it. I think it would be a waste of time trying to tie the loose ends together because a new game is also trying to tell a new story and bring in new gameplay. Long drawn out flash backs is actually taking steps backwards. Maybe an anime/manga could be made instead of a game to right all the wrongs Capcom has done in the past. DMC4 needed to be rebooted when it was going to be on the newer hardware, instead Capcom just threw everything that was DMC3 into DMC4.
I think DmC will be a very good experience and with all the pressure on the combat, it will most likely not suck at all, it will at least be fun, and with all the weapons and improved air combos, it just might be REALLY FUN!

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
How-long-can-you-keep-dreaming-entrepreneurship.png
Lets face it Capcom doesn't care about the series now really they're just trashing it >they didn't try to make spin-off's
>they didn't try put their thoughts in this like they did for bringing RE series to ps2 generation
>they don't care about the "small" fanbase of DMC
>they're just lazy TBH reboot itself shows how much Capcom really cares about the series now they just want money whether a reboot or sequel

Conclusion -- Old DMC series is dead

ReRave

smug jerk
>they didn't try put their thoughts in this like they did for bringing RE series to ps2 generation
>they don't care about the "small" fanbase of DMC
>they're just lazy TBH reboot itself shows how much Capcom really cares about the series now they just want money whether a reboot or sequel

Conclusion -- Old DMC series is dead
Well, to be fair, RE's storyline is pretty shallow. There's a lot of characters involved, which makes it seem very intricate and all, but in the end it always comes down to Umbrella being a bunch of d***.

It's not as profitable to service only a small part of your buyers. Gaming has changed. It's no longer about fun, credibility and fulfilling the dreams of nerds. It's a rotten world, where profit marks the way and ideas bend around the curve of your sales.
Gaming has changed.

Honestly? I think the reboot is not lazy at all. Well, outsourcing ti to NT is, sure, but it's rewriting the series, whch can hardly be called a small thing to do.

Zaiachi

Parasite Kitty
Ah but really...half demon, half angel...>_>; -Still can't get over this one fact.-
It would be nice if they had a DMC5 in development, but developing games takes a lot of effort and money. One at a time, one at a time. If not a five, a spin off would have be good. But probably only if DmC either flops or hits a miraculous sale.
Although they did say that the movie is in production...why does it have to be based on the reboot. >_<
I don't want to kick DmC in the bucket but my brother's not buying the game. :| damn game discs are expensive...ranging from 1k-3k...so! I'll see you at the rentals, New Dante. If I ever see an xbox game shop around, that is.

Top Bottom