• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC's Story is Terrible and here is why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrutas

Well, "haters" are starting to give up trying to discuss this game.
Eventually this board will turn boring, with discussions about "WUTS UR FAVORUTE **** YOU QUOTE HURHUR" :3

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Well, "haters" are starting to give up trying to discuss this game.
Eventually this board will turn boring, with discussions about "WUTS UR FAVORUTE **** YOU QUOTE HURHUR" :3
I like the 'YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE' one best:troll:

Anyway....being skeptic is fine, being critical too, so long as we can have a debate without this flaming and arguing.

As for me, I sit on the fence. I still love classic DMC. I had fun with DmC too, but there is room to improve and I hope NT will improve if they make the next game.

Terrutas

I like the 'YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE' one best:troll:

Anyway....being skeptic is fine, being critical too, so long as we can have a debate without this flaming and arguing.
We both know that's not going to happen anytime soon. Not when we're begging to be banned. (I'm still laughing at that. :D)

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
Why don't we all just get banned:troll:
true so TALLY HO MY FRIENDS :troll:
Funny-gif-man-jump-out-the-window.gif

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I have to admit you guys are immature when it comes to this
You defend Tameem saying "He was just voicing his opinion."
Well, what are people like Eventstatus and other DmC skeptics doing?
VOICING THEIR OPINIONS!

He... and many other elitists... post their opinions as facts. Then say anyone who doesn't agree with them as wrong.

Know-your-role-and-SHUT-YOUR-MOUTH.jpg

Then, when they get called out on it, they use:

The Opinion Shield --

The Free Speech Shield --

and my personal favorite...

The "It's-just-a-joke-and-you're-too-sensitive" Shield.

Here's a Shield I like to use...

180px-Capt._Obvious.jpg

NO ****, SHERLOCK.

Just because it's "Free Speech", doesn't mean we have to listen. And we can also use "Free Speech" as well, if that's the case you're going to argue.

Just because it's "your opinion" doesn't mean that we can't present our opinions either. And then be accused of having our opinions be completely wrong while yours are always right.

"Free Speech" and "Opinions" are present within both parties. The fact that you want to see and hear only yours says that you don't actually believe in freedom of speech. You just want to see and hear what you think is correct.

Just because "it's just a joke" doesn't mean that it's not offensive. And it doesn't mean that we can't post jokes, either.

I love the double-standards in this forum.

Your "Jokes" are never offensive...

Your sacred "Opinions" are always well presented...

Your "Free Speech" always deserves to be defended...

But when it comes to the hipsters....

**** them. What do they know? Our rights don't extend to them because they're a lower class of gamers, anyway. :/

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
He... and many other elitists... post their opinions as facts. Then say anyone who doesn't agree with them as wrong.

Know-your-role-and-SHUT-YOUR-MOUTH.jpg

Then, when they get called out on it, they use:

The Opinion Shield --

The Free Speech Shield --

and my personal favorite...

The "It's-just-a-joke-and-you're-too-sensitive" Shield.

Here's a Shield I like to use...

180px-Capt._Obvious.jpg

Just because it's "Free Speech", doesn't mean we have to listen. And we can also use "Free Speech" as well, if that's the case you're going to argue.

Just because it's "your opinion" doesn't mean that we can't present our opinions either. And then be accused of having our opinions be completely wrong while yours are always right.

"Free Speech" and "Opinions" are present within both parties. The fact that you want to see and hear only yours says that you don't actually believe in freedom of speech. You just want to see and hear what you think is correct.

Just because "it's just a joke" doesn't mean that it's not offensive. And it doesn't mean that we can't post jokes, either.

I love the double-standard in this forum.

Your jokes are never offensive...

Your opinions are always well presented...

Your "Free Speech" always deserves to be defended...

But when it comes to the hipsters....

**** them. What do they know? Our rights don't extend to them because they're a lower class of gamers, anyway.
Damn unknown is a badass in this

WorkenOnMaLeft

In fact, he analyzed it pretty well and found that there are many holes in the story.
He also made a very specific list of what he's talking about.
But literally none of the things he specified qualify as plot holes, so what he actually did was make a very specific list of useless trivial information. Like I said earlier they were things that were simply left unexplained, it happens ALL the time. Like why did Mundus take so long to find Dante? Maybe his fight against Sparda before he finally managed to capture him took a lot out of Mundus, so much so that he was weakened and had to slowly recover his powers (while still being the strongest demon around), or Sparda just managed to hinder his surveilance abilities or something. Thats all speculation of course but my point is that there is still plenty of story to be told so dont you think it's a bit early to call these things plot holes? "WHY DOES VERGIL HAVE TO ACTUALLY HOLD HIS SWORD DEEEEEEEERP" -___-

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Anyone who doesn't like DmC is a hater, a troll and is begging to be banned. ; )))))))))))))))
The OP himself is taking his opinions way out of hand. You have to keep in mind that you can't just go into the forum where others will get upset, and post a full on rant with half-assed opinions, some of which don't even make sense. I would be more than happy to join in on a 'civilized' discussion of the game, in which we could talk about the faults of the game like mature adults. But this dude had no tact what so ever, and it almost seemed like he was attempting to start something up.He used awful grammar, and pulled things out of his ass. Before you reply, I know that the game has problems, but that doesn't mean that you can post a thread and act like this guy.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
The OP himself is taking his opinions way out of hand. You have to keep in mind that you can't just go into the forum where others will get upset, and post a full on rant with half-assed opinions, some of which don't even make sense. I would be more than happy to join in on a 'civilized' discussion of the game, in which we could talk about the faults of the game like mature adults. But this dude had no tact what so ever, and it almost seemed like he was attempting to start something up.He used awful grammar, and pulled things out of his ass. Before you reply, I know that the game has problems, but that doesn't mean that you can post a thread and act like this guy.
You're right, the problem is not having an opinion, but stating it in a rude way that is surely going to upset others, like the OP did. A civilized discussion NEVER starts with someone saying "wtf is this sh!it?!". The funny thing is that, when someone attacks something in such a way, someone else, who maybe normally would agree on at least some of the points the attacker made, finds himself compelled to deny those criticism, because they are not constructive.
I could agree on some of the OP points, had they not been stated in such an aggressive way.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
You're right, the problem is not having an opinion, but stating it in a rude way that is surely going to upset others, like the OP did. A civilized discussion NEVER starts with someone saying "wtf is this sh!it?!". The funny thing is that, when someone attacks something in such a way, someone else, who maybe normally would agree on at least some of the points the attacker made, finds himself compelled to deny those criticism, because they are not constructive.
I could agree on some of the OP points, had they not been stated in such an aggressive way.
It's a case of how the opinion is made then. If it's done in an agressive way, then it's not going to be accepted well. Plus if someone keeps beating you over the head with the same opinion in a way you don't like, you are more likely to hate the opinion even more than listen to some good points that also might have been thought of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom