• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC's Story is Terrible and here is why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Before you reply, I know that the game has problems, but that doesn't mean that you can post a thread and act like this guy.

I will say this just as a general statement. While free speech is a right and should be defended; a right also comes with a responsibility.

blade.gif

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
It's a case of how the opinion is made then. If it's done in an agressive way, then it's not going to be accepted well. Plus if someone keeps beating you over the head with the same opinion in a way you don't like, you are more likely to hate the opinion even more than listen to some good points that also might have been thought of.
Exactly. It is all a matter of manners. Being polite is the key to having your (rightful) opinion heard and possibly well received. That's why I refrained from answering those critics, because I knew that, whatever I could have said, the thread was at serious risk of ending up in a pointless "I shout louder than you" fight.

AlchemistFromEden

I'm pretty sure that was his point; namely that DmC doesn't try anything original.
because its a reboot of an already existing series, obviously its not gonna try to be the most innovative plot in existence and in terms of video game plots it actually is pretty original for being a satire on the modern world something that very few games pull off
It even comes up with a very hackneyed, drugged out hipster's world views
the word hipster gets thrown around way too much here, there's nothing hipster about the plot
bankers are evil, industry kills everything, we're all brainwashed by the media.
GASP, OH NO, SATIRE RUN FOR THE HILLS
Illuminati is such bullcrap
even though this game doesn't say anything about the illuminati, if you want to bitch about that then go play assassin's creed which btw has won several writing awards
DmC reminds him of that bull.
because he's a nostalgia fanboy who doesn't know what he's talking about
To be honest, those conspiracy type things remind me of DmC.
could it be because, GASP, there's a conspiracy satire in DmC, wow i didn't notice over the blatant references to it in the form of limbo telling me to drink virility
I don't call that a good thing.
and i don't take the idea of nero somehow being able to custom build a gun in a religious community that banned their use -_-
Especially since it takes that idea so seriously
the fact that you think they take it seriously means that you didn't see what they were going for, pretty sure dante and vergil casually talking while mundus is doing his final villain monologue is them not taking it seriously
actually makes Limbo brainwashed, in a way.
no it doesn't
I had enough of that after the Matrix, V for Vendetta, and other movies.
then why did you buy this game if you knew that they used those films for inspiration
I'm not saying DmC's plot is bad, but to say that it's better than DMC3's seems like a stretch
not it isn't because unlike dmc3 vergil is given motivations for his actions as well as a backstory so his character is actually developed ALONG with dante and kat
It isn't bad at all, it's just not something to laud.
which is why actually writing critics are enjoying it
Maybe it would be more interesting to have you or Dante believe that people are being brainwashed
no that wouldn't make any sense but there is a fanfiction section here if your desperate
and so on, only to find out in the end that you were wrong
like i said, fanfiction forum
Sounds more interesting, and I haven't seen that idea often.
lol its been done to death but whatever floats your boat
Maybe even make it end badly, so that you can redeem yourself in the sequel.
dude, http://devilmaycry.org/community/forums/devil-may-cry-fan-fiction/
go
I'm not sure why DMC3's plot would be anime-like.
because its extremely similar to other anime, mainly inuyasha
It's almost like stories from classic times
weren't you just complaining about DmC not being original
so I wouldn't call that anime-like
*looks at how ridiculously powerful dante is, sees him getting stabbed multiple times only to shrug it off and pull "stylish moves" out and then vergil's anime monologues about power* so yeah, i definitely would
Maybe you'd view it differently if Dante, Vergil and the other characters (and the DMC world) didn't look like anime
so you acknowledge the fact that it does look like anime
I AGREE with you cuz the plot in DmC is simply illuminati
no its not but whatever floats your boat skippy
they didnt have to create or come up with a creative story plot of illuminati
and they didn't
The media is brainwashing you Kill the leader
that isn't from the illuminati since it doesn't actually exist anymore outside of internet drone's wildest dreams
Foods poison us find the source and take it down
Banks are enslaving the world by dept kill the bankers mundus was the leader the
ALMOST LIKE A SATIRE ON THE MODERN WORLD RIGHT??? -__-
The only parts they made was the very beginning and the kat drama and the final fight dante and vergil
they also made the entire plot and retold classic parts of the DmC story
**** illuminati who gives a **** about it
you do apparently if you thought that it was what they were going for, but like i said if you wanna bitch about them so much go visit an assassin's creed forum
we want to play a game
which is what i did, i don't know what you were doing if you go illuminati out of two twin nephilim fighting a demon king
if i wanted politics
of which there are virtually none but if holding a girl hostage and torturing her with demons is what you consider politics...
i would look for it myself in the news
as do most people
will not FOX news
this part of your sentence doesn't make sense -_-
i prefer DMC 3
ah so that's with your incipient ramblings were about

AlchemistFromEden

I think it's the way Event makes his opinions. I saw one video where he was shouting something like 'NO-NO, NINJA TAM-TAM, JUST NO!' that just came off as a little....I can't think of the word, but surely there was a better way to express the opinion.
Maybe if he'd dial it back a bit on the shouting....I'm sure he thinks he's doing the right thing....and that's fine. But no one has to agree with him unless they want to.
just like how no one has to agree with Tameem when he stated that he didn't think dante was very cool anymore or that bayonetta was an absurd character, which the whole of gaming media and developers agree btw, idk if anyone who bitched about that watched an actual review of bayonetta because the whole lot of them call her creepy

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
just like how no one has to agree with Tameem when he stated that he didn't think dante was very cool anymore or that bayonetta was an absurd character, which the whole of gaming media and developers agree btw, idk if anyone who bitched about that watched an actual review of bayonetta because the whole lot of them call her creepy
Exactly the agreeing or not agreeing goes both ways.

TheOneGirl

I'm was kind of ****ed at this scene because it was like TIM TIM was trying to say STFU fans our Donte is better, your Dante is old fashion, has a horrible story, and is certainly not CONTEMPORARY to the generation today. And it was just a slap in the face to fans.

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
I'm was kind of ****ed at this scene because it was like TIM TIM was trying to say STFU fans our Donte is better, your Dante is old fashion, has a horrible story, and is certainly not CONTEMPORARY to the generation today. And it was just a slap in the face to fans.

perhaps they did that because of the irony Dante had at the end of the game?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Exactly. It is all a matter of manners. Being polite is the key to having your (rightful) opinion heard and possibly well received. That's why I refrained from answering those critics, because I knew that, whatever I could have said, the thread was at serious risk of ending up in a pointless "I shout louder than you" fight.

tumblr_lso2g9ZHeW1qeoxq4o1_500.gif

RxaB3.gif

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
That's what I got from it too. More like it's funny because Dante ends up with white hair at the end. Or maybe NT thought it was a shout out to DMC3?
I guess people take from that scene what they want. It's either irony, a shout out, or NT having a dig at classic DMC. Any more ways that scene can be interpreted?

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
That's what I got from it too. More like it's funny because Dante ends up with white hair at the end. Or maybe NT thought it was a shout out to DMC3?
I guess people take from that scene what they want. It's either irony, a shout out, or NT having a dig at classic DMC. Any more ways that scene can be interpreted?
yes Dante considers himself young since he is young and white haired do0ds are old lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom