• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC's Story is Terrible and here is why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlchemistFromEden

I think excessive plot inconsistencies/faults are certainly inexcusable in this case. People always say about how bad the stories of the old games were and how they focused on combat only. NT were hired BECAUSE of their story telling in games, not their combat expertise and we ended up with a story that still had many problems.
there aren't excessive plot inconsistencies when i and blackswipe literally explained every single "fail" that the OP came up with -__-

ZeroLove

Now Zero there's no need for that, even if the manner in which this thread was written was uncalled for. I think we've all made our point and there's no need to rub it in.

And I know I've said it before and I'll say it again, your sig is hot *¬*

I just can't stand people who go all out on hating something without being able to defend their statements.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
@Alchemist
I didn't see anything explained with information from the game, some of it was simply speculation such as
"and prophets are there to tell the protagonist where to go because this is a hero's journey"
and some was simply question dodging like the explanation of why only a Nephilim can beat Mundus, yours being
"let's see you get stabbed in the back with yamato and then pounded on by two very powerful twin nephilim, its not an indefinite win as dante would have lost without the assist of vergil who saved his life during the fight"
So let me re-iterate the question, What about being a Nephilim enables you to kill a Demon King? because the only information we are given that make Nephilim unique are they can "cross worlds" as told by Phiny and that didn't have anything to do with a Demons weapon that was passed down destroying a hell gate to stop somethings invulnerability.

I also saw you say to read Vergils Chronicle to help explain the plot holes yet DMC isn't allowed novels and mangas to explain its? I know you haven't said that yourself (though you might of) but many think that way.

Oh and can you explain to me why Dante was able to freeze time in the Trade mission? was it because he used his D.T or something? it's clear he was in Limbo as he fights enemies but the thing that get's me is why he can interact with Vergils car/crates in the real world and yet can't later when the order is being attacked and Kat kidnapped.

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
@Alchemist
I didn't see anything explained with information from the game, some of it was simply speculation such as
"and prophets are there to tell the protagonist where to go because this is a hero's journey"
and some was simply question dodging like the explanation of why only a Nephilim can beat Mundus, yours being
"let's see you get stabbed in the back with yamato and then pounded on by two very powerful twin nephilim, its not an indefinite win as dante would have lost without the assist of vergil who saved his life during the fight"
So let me re-iterate the question, What about being a Nephilim enables you to kill a Demon King? because the only information we are given that make Nephilim unique are they can "cross worlds" as told by Phiny and that didn't have anything to do with a Demons weapon that was passed down destroying a hell gate to stop somethings invulnerability.

I also saw you say to read Vergils Chronicle to help explain the plot holes yet DMC isn't allowed novels and mangas to explain its? I know you haven't said that yourself (though you might of) but many think that way.

Oh and can you explain to me why Dante was able to freeze time in the Trade mission? was it because he used his D.T or something? it's clear he was in Limbo as he fights enemies but the thing that get's me is why he can interact with Vergils car/crates in the real world and yet can't later when the order is being attacked and Kat kidnapped.
EHMAGERD U DAER QUESTION DA PLOTHOLEZ? SHADUP ILL TELL MY MOM >:C

SpawnShooter

EHMAGERD U DAER QUESTION DA PLOTHOLEZ? SHADUP ILL TELL MY MOM >:C

The plot holes don't concern me personally as I'm not a fan of the themes/characters to begin with so it can be as good or bad as it wants, I just found some of the explanations amusing, though I am actually curious about the last one I mentioned.

AlchemistFromEden

@Alchemist there a reply button for a reason otherwise you wouldn't be able to contact the person you are trying to reply to -__-
I didn't see anything explained with information from the game,
because it shouldn't have to be spelled out and requires using something called a brain to think about these questions
some of it was simply speculation such as
and because phineas is based on greek mythology and his eye is the key to seeing things such as the future, hence the reason why he needed it in the first place because it can allows him to see the "truth"
nephilim are extremely powerful beings who hold the power of demons and angels, they have the power of both worlds and to say that in legend they were the only ones capable of defeating the demon king isn't too far fetched, especially considering how young dante and vergil are compared to the dmc1 counterparts who did stand a chance against mundus
Phiny and that didn't have anything to do with a Demons weapon that was passed down destroying a hell gate to stop somethings invulnerability.
if we already know what yamato is capable of doing why would we need that explanation spoon fed to us in plot exposition -_-
in the original series
-why is yamato capable of cutting through everything
-why is it the only thing capable of destroying the actual hellgate
-why does it need to be sheath before it actually makes a cut
-why is it able to free nero from the savior
if you are able to answer all of these questions then why the **** would you need them spoon fed to you in this game, its the same yamato, just like how dante's sword is for killing demons and shapeshifting, (just like sparda in the first game where rebellion was never a thing and was thought up by itsuno for all of the sequels and prequels)
because all of the supplementary material for the old devil may cry either
-doesn't explain anything
-defied its own canon, *ahem* such as dante fighting gilver who turns out to be vergil but wait, this happens around the same time as dmc 3 and the manga is what happened the one year before dmc3 and in the novel dante doesn't even remember who he is but in the manga he knows who he is and in the novel vergil uses a shotgun but in dmc3 and its manga it he says that guns are not cool and in the novel he turns people into demons but in the manga and dmc3 he has no such ability but in the novel he is mortally wounded from being shot at but in the manga he can deflect bullets with ease and certainly isn't mortally wounded by them but in the novel dante thinks his name is tony redgrave because he can't remember anything due to the emotional trauma of seeing BOTH vergil and his mother being killed but in dmc3's canon vergil was never killed he lived but in dmc1 vergil was taken hostage all of these years and dante never knew that he was actually alive and didn't even recognize him upon seeing him even thought they look alike but in dmc3 dante fought vergil and in the manga he already knew that vergil was alive but in the NOVEL he didn't know that vergil was alive or that his actual name was dante but in the manga vergil said that he talked to dante and told him to join him but this never happened in the novel and etc....etc....etc... -_-
Oh and can you explain to me why Dante was able to freeze time in the Trade mission? was it because he used his D.T or something?
dante wasn't the one freezing time
it's clear he was in Limbo as he fights enemies but the thing that get's me is why he can interact with Vergils car/crates in the real world and yet can't later when the order is being attacked and Kat kidnapped.
for all we know phineas was involved its not a plot hole because it can easily be explained in a sequel

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
insert inception joke here
Comment-ception_o_121364.jpg

SpawnShooter

@Alchemist, I would hit reply but unfortunately you are on my ignore list, I realize talking with you defeats that purpose however felt like having this small exchange though I can begin to remember why I made that choice in the first place.
This will be my last reply so if I don't reply to anymore comments it's not my intention to be rude. I will also try and close this discussion with this, feel free to have the last word after this as I know that's important to you.

But I will simply say, justifying DmCs plot holes with things like the old series faults is redundant. When you are trying to say it's so much better then flip flop and say it's the same it comes across as very defensive. The old series had plot holes and inconsistencies sure but I don't care. I enjoy the characters, the interactions they have and the way they act, I'm not so insecure as to think what I like has to be perfect but I'm smart enough to be comfortable in my opinion and see things for what they are.

If you like DmC more power to you, if you hate DMC that's a shame but oh well. I just wish people would stop acting like if they like something bad it makes them a bad person with terrible tastes. Who the F*** cares. Enjoy what you enjoy.

AlchemistFromEden

Dude, chill. Actually, would you like a massage? I give good massages. That should help you post without having a slight attitude about it. ;)
because the OP didn't have any attitude at all in his post right and should be treated as a victim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom