• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC's Story is Terrible and here is why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GF9000000Returns

Stopped reading around the middle cuz of your attitude. I bet you're just trashing this story because some of us don't like the original story, riiiight?

• Insulting fans

No he didn't. He voiced his opinion about Dante RESPECTFULLY. You guys took it by heart like some sensitive fools.

• Making them out to be the badguys by claiming mean songs and fan art depicting new Dane getting beaten up by old Dante is considered "death threats" to stir up controversy

OH SHUT UP! Like you guys are the victims. Like I said in the first one, you and the other fans took it by heart when Tameem is just voicing his opinion. If anything, he might be telling the truth, maybe the old Dante might be getting out of style along with the games for this generation.

• Tameem's inappropriate comments to Twitter feed backs

Then how would you take it? What would YOU say?

• They're recent show casing of immaturity at Pax

Yeah right.
  • Childish behavior

I don't like his behavior at times, but sometimes the fans are worse than him, and you're a good example of them.

He should step down, he and many others like him (Clifty B and many others) are what is ruining the gaming industry...well that and EA.

How about you ignore them and get over it. Geez.... all of this nonsense is over a video game.

ZeroLove

And the sad part is when I rant about DMC4, people expect me to shut up and say I'm being an ass.
i_call_bullsht.jpg

Shut up, you're being an ass! ;P

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
You cannot put a professional company into the same category as fanboys. You can't justify a professional's actions because crazy fanboys acted similarly. It's completely ridiculous to even suggest it.
How about the actions of human beings then? Because that's what we all are. Just because we don't work for a gaming company doesn't make us godly and untouchable in our opinions or make us immune for criticism and neither does it make them. Tameem could be an asshole for all I know, but I still don't believe he's deserved the crap he's gotten or Ninja Theory. They're human beings, just like you and me.

What we forget to realise is we don't own Devil May Cry. Yes we own copies of the game, but we didn't make the games, we didn't spend weeks writing up the story or sit hours a day at a computer until our eyes bled making the combat as good as it is in those titles, and most of all, we don't own Dante. Capcom does, and whether we voice our opinions or not, at the end of the day, they can do whatever they want with that series. They can reboot it a thousand times or make Dante a woman and they have the final word, not us.

Edit:
And, I'm going to leave too ^_^ *opens window*
tumblr_me3eolM5C61qgslt5o2_400.gif

Meg

Why so? They are all people. Persons. Humans. They all have thoughts and feelings. Some more extreme than others, but still. NT, or rather, Tameem have indeed been childish and unprofessional, said things he shouldn't have said, but he was just being a person, a human-being, putting his thoughts, opinions and emotions out there like so many others do. Because he is the team leader of NT, then he shouldn't have. No, he should have played it cool and been professional. That was his mistake. But in no way was he any worse than any of the angry fanboys/girls who threw all that crap at him. In no way is that justified, however, I do think Tameem's response was justified in comparison.
Unless I'm interpreting your post wrong, you are making contradicting statements. First you disagree with me by saying that NT is made up of human beings with real emotions, and they have the right to express those emotions. Fair enough. Then you say that NT, mainly Tameem, shouldn't have acted the way he did because it was unprofessional. So you agree with me now? And while I don't think he was worse than some of the fanboys, there is a certain level of professionalism expected from leaders because how they act reflects onto the company as a whole. This is an accepted fact be just about everyone, if not everyone, in the business and public relations world. So considering that, NT (mainly Tameem), did act out of line. Even if it wasn't nearly as bad as some fans: compared to other professionals, it was pretty bad.

Although, I still think NT has gotten better since the initial drama explosion after the game was announced. I consider all of this a learning experience for NT. Since this was their first time handling a high profile series, the pressure was probably really high and the extreme fan backlash wasn't helping. Does that make some of their actions excusable? No, but assuming they learn their lesson on just how carefully companies have to tread sometime, then they should be fine from here.

tl; dr

Sorry, just made a massive thought dump. :( Interesting posts like yours here, Zero, get me thinking. And we all know how dangerous thinking is. :shifty:

I just saw this now! :O But I think I respond well enough to your post in my new one anyway. ^_^

ZeroLove

Unless I'm interpreting your post wrong, you are making contradicting statements. First you disagree with me by saying that NT is made up of human beings with real emotions, and they have the right to express those emotions. Fair enough. Then you say that NT, mainly Tameem, shouldn't have acted the way he did because it was unprofessional. So you agree with me now? And while I don't think he was worse than some of the fanboys, there is a certain level of professionalism expected from leaders because how they act reflects onto the company as a whole. This is an accepted fact be just about everyone, if not everyone, in the business and public relations world. So considering that, NT (mainly Tameem), did act out of line. Even if it wasn't nearly as bad as some fans: compared to other professionals, it was pretty bad.

Although, I still think NT has gotten better since the initial drama explosion after the game was announced. I consider all of this a learning experience for NT. Since this was their first time handling a high profile series, the pressure was probably really high and the extreme fan backlash wasn't helping. Does that make some of their actions excusable? No, but assuming they learn their lesson on just how carefully companies have to tread sometime, then they should be fine from here.

tl; dr

Sorry, just made a massive thought dump. :( Interesting posts like yours here, Zero, get me thinking. And we all know how dangerous thinking is. :shifty:

Yeah, it does look confusing, doesn't it?
What I mean is that NT consists of humans and they reacted like humans... or rather Tameem did.
However, because they represent a company, they should have reacted more professional.
However, I do understand their reactions, from a human perspective.
However, they shouldn't have.
However, they did.

... was that less confusing? XD

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
What I mean is that NT consists of humans and they reacted like humans... or rather Tameem did.
However, because they represent a company, they should have reacted more professional.
However, they did.

Is this a case of cognitive dissonance? Like holding different views about the same subject.

Dante47

However, they did.

It was about as simple as a Christopher Nolan movie.

Meg

However, they did.

I think what you're saying is, while Tameem shouldn't have acted the way he did, you completely understand why he did. If that's what you're getting act, then I agree with you. If not...then....well :lol:

But that's why I don't want to hold this against him forever. I think DmC not selling that well is punishment enough. I would rather just move on and see what's next from NT.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
all i have to say

the one thing that has always gotten me furious is the level of shear ridicule and hatred DmC has gotten since day one. theyre always on about this and that and the post above is just plain awful. they compare weapon down to the bare coding their on "uh this weapon can only make 11 combos when in the last one the similair one had 13 **** this game" or slowing down and analysing certain attacks to the point the casual observer would think that theyre doing it professionally and are preparing for some grand tornament. then they go around nitpicking every damn detail they can find then either saying how therefore the game is instant fail or will produce a mile long essay on how to fix it. i hate to break it to ya but this is a game. its not the holy scripture, there are going to be flaws. your in a world of demons and angels suspend your disbelief mother ****ers. then theres the overall attitude, seriously is Dante your new messiah because i have seriously seen devote religious people act calmer when someone mocks their god in public. you rant and rave blaming everything everywhere. sending hate mail to Tameen ridiculing and antagonizing him on twitter then holding ur hands up in the air whenever you manage to provoke a response. if i was him i would honestly be like "ya know what fine no DmC i aint trying to prove anything to you people." then capcom would have released a very boring DMC5 and everyone would have started bitching about how NTs DmC was soooo awesome and how they totally supported it at the time and capcom shoulda had more faith and not listened to the trolls....
i guess im just getting to old for this **** :(

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I honestly applaud the guy for making such effort. I can't ever make such long paragraphs in the internet in my entire existence. However, stylish nero in my own opinion this analysis would be better if you didn't start comparing DmC and DMC and rather judge DmC on it's own merits.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Okay its not even a debate that DmC isn't all that great of a story as promised by NT or even close to their past works but now its being debated whether its better than the past DMC games.

Well I'm not here to discuss if that is the case but I will say this. DmC's story on its own is rather poorly written, incoherent, sloppy, inconsistent, and bad not just in dialogue (God no that was below average) but just as a whole.
It's not a debate that DMC's plot holes outweigh DmC's plot holes either.
I didn't continue to read past this point because you're nit-picking.
DmC's story on its own is poorly written, but far better than DMC. If it's incoherent (though I don't see how this would be), you need to realize that so is DMC's story.
Sloppy? Yeah, a bit.
Inconsistent? Nah. Whut? Did you even play the game?
And the dialogue was way, WAY better than DMC's stupid one liners. It was punny, yeah it had some coarse language but you were warned about that on the front cover of the game itself. Plus, they had real conversations instead of mindless, pointless banter going around all the friggin time.

Meg

It's not a debate that DMC's plot holes outweigh DmC's plot holes either.
I didn't continue to read past this point because you're nit-picking.
DmC's story on its own is poorly written, but far better than DMC. If it's incoherent (though I don't see how this would be), you need to realize that so is DMC's story.
Sloppy? Yeah, a bit.
Inconsistent? Nah. Whut? Did you even play the game?
And the dialogue was way, WAY better than DMC's stupid one liners. It was punny, yeah it had some coarse language but you were warned about that on the front cover of the game itself. Plus, they had real conversations instead of mindless, pointless banter going around all the friggin time.
Soooo the flaws in DmC's story are irrelevant because DMC's story is also bad?

...............okay? :| I don't get it.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
That his script was awful and that Ninja Theory could never be hired based on their creative writing?
That's an opinion he holds for Ninja Theory.
The one you quoted? all that says is Tameen script was bad enough that it had to be rewritten or scrapped I think Alex Garland was the one who said Tameem's idea of a badass came off more as a c*nt to him while it is an opinion that Tameem is a terrible writer he was bad enough that Ninja Theory had to hire outside writers

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
The one you quoted? all that says is Tameen script was bad enough that it had to be rewritten or scrapped I think Alex Garland was the one who said Tameem's idea of a badass came off more as a c*nt to him while it is an opinion that Tameem is a terrible writer he was bad enough that Ninja Theory had to hire outside writers
That was something to do with Enslaved. Apparently Monkey was going to see a slave and throw him overboard or kill him because that was seen as badass. That's why it was rewritten.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
That was something to do with Enslaved. Apparently Monkey was going to see a slave and throw him overboard or kill him because that was seen as badass. That's why it was rewritten.
Yeah that's just mean Dx honestly if that was in the finished game I would probably hate Monkey xP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom