• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5 is pretty likely

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Good point there.

Wait. Add extra functions to Doppelganger? Probably more clones as one of them?
Please no. It's hard enough to control even one of the doppelgangers as it is. You have to hold L1 to delay their movements so you can time your "double-combos" correctly.

If you want to make an argument for multiplayer however, I honestly don't see the need to have more than two players at once. At least, not for the DMC franchise.

Personally, I think doppelganger is fine as it is. You don't need to fix what isn't broken.

Yes, I know that Anarchy Reigns had more than two. But it's control scheme and other game mechanics were made to accommodate four. It's hardly the same thing.

Again you both seem to be stuck on DmC and looking at it like its a failure. DmC has given them some popularity so well see how that goes.
A very diplomatic answer to very difficult posts. Bravo.

IncarnatedDemon

The post you quoted is for DMC 5, not DmC.

And its funny Dragonmaster, you think NT is last development team that loved what they do.

Because Vigil Games and PG
Do not love to make games.

They are money greedy.

Neither do Witcher creators.
Oh wait? Buti thought NT was last team that loved what they do.
Thats how it works, make it seem like NT is only company that loves making game to elevate them.

I am not going to go around and be in awe for NT making a lesser version of DMC gameplay formula but sugar coated with motioncapture and art.

Their art direction is good, their motion capture is excellent.

But most of the gameplay you see in DmC, most of that...was not defined/invented/pioneered by Ninja theory.
And while making DmC, Capcom superviced the project, they also tutored and assisted NT with gameplay.

So excuse me for not crediting NT or having faith in them
1) Their philosphy is to make you go "OMG i love this game" through story and cinematics, not through gameplay.
2) By giving NT credit for DmC´s gameplay is like to credit them for something they did not pioneer.

But do not twist or misunderstand me, they programmed, they made things work. But it is harder to do all that while at same time having to come up with the gameplay.
If programming and other work was all there was to making a game, then Kojima´s team would not need Platinum Games, they would know how to make the gameplay.
But what happened? They met a wall and did not know how to implement the "cutting at will" concept in MGR. In came PG and did a fair job.
Before programming a game, you need to have a concept of a game. A concept that tells you what the game is like, how it works, and how there is balance etc.

When you have the blueprint to a already established and made gameplay...its quite straightforward and easier than if you didnt and had to come up with a new gameplay.
NT had blueprints.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
The post you quoted is for DMC 5, not DmC.

And its funny Dragonmaster, you think NT is last development team that loved what they do.

Because Vigil Games and PG
Do not love to make games.

They are money greedy.

Neither do Witcher creators.
Oh wait? Buti thought NT was last team that loved what they do.
Thats how it works, make it seem like NT is only company that loves making game to elevate them.

I am not going to go around and be in awe for NT making a lesser version of DMC gameplay formula but sugar coated with motioncapture and art.

Their art direction is good, their motion capture is excellent.

But most of the gameplay you see in DmC, most of that...was not defined/invented/pioneered by Ninja theory.
And while making DmC, Capcom superviced the project, they also tutored and assisted NT with gameplay.

So excuse me for not crediting NT or having faith in them
1) Their philosphy is to make you go "OMG i love this game" through story and cinematics, not through gameplay.
2) By giving NT credit for DmC´s gameplay is like to credit them for something they did not pioneer.

But do not twist or misunderstand me, they programmed, they made things work. But it is harder to do all that while at same time having to come up with the gameplay.
If programming and other work was all there was to making a game, then Kojima´s team would not need Platinum Games, they would know how to make the gameplay.
But what happened? They met a wall and did not know how to implement the "cutting at will" concept in MGR. In came PG and did a fair job.
Before programming a game, you need to have a concept of a game. A concept that tells you what the game is like, how it works, and how there is balance etc.

When you have the blueprint to a already established and made gameplay...its quite straightforward and easier than if you didnt and had to come up with a new gameplay.

Y'know, you don't have to sh*t all over me just because I'm saying NT could get better at what they do. It's really annoying when I'm just giving a game development praise, and you come in with your sh*t storm of unnecessary angsty arguing. Yeah, I talk a lot of sh*t about DMC4, f*ck me, but I don't go writing paragraphs about it when someone gives praise for it or says DMC4 Dante is their favorite Dante. And that's the worst part of it all.

I give NT praise. I didn't ask you to do the same. Move on.

This conversation is over. You won't be hearing me saying "good job NT" if I gotta be hit with the "DMC nazi" treatment.
I am done.

tumblr_lrjnefCMG91r3ovdbo1_400.gif

IncarnatedDemon

Y'know, you don't have to sh*t all over me just because I'm saying NT could get better at what they do. It's really annoying when I'm just giving a game development praise, and you come in with your sh*t storm of unnecessary angsty arguing. Yeah, I talk a lot of sh*t about DMC4, f*ck me, but I don't go writing paragraphs about it when someone gives praise for it or says DMC4 Dante is their favorite Dante. And that's the worst part of it all.

I give NT praise. I didn't ask you to do the same. Move on.

This conversation is over. You won't be hearing me saying "good job NT" if I gotta be hit with the "DMC nazi" treatment.
I am done.

tumblr_lrjnefCMG91r3ovdbo1_400.gif
First, where have i said NT can´t improve? I just don´t have faith they will because their focus is more on story and cinematics, and DmC did not convince me because it was a established serie with a gameplay formula that was made.

Second, i don´t care if you talk trash about DMC4. I dont think your talking down on DMC4 is senseless, i know that much about you. And your not a person i think would post just to trash DMC4. Hence i think your critism (not that i pay much attention) would be constructive.

Third, praise NT all you like. But its unecessary to do that by putting them on a pedestal as the last dev team that loves what they do (making games). There are many companys who love what they do.

And again i dont judge you based on your critisim towards DMC. At very least i try my best to not do such thing.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Again you both seem to be stuck on DmC and looking at it like its a failure. As I said befiore its not impossible that NT could actually improve in what they do. Though they just need more time to improve and work on games and then they can be set. Its ignorant to say they wont get better all because of four games not meeting some peoples expectations. And yes sails do count in all this but thats not something thats stop developing studios before. NT does have what it takes to surpass other developments, just as any other developments. I think NT will be fine in the long run and even if they do fall then at least say they were the last development team to really love what they do. But who knows. DmC has given them some popularity so well see how that goes.

There is many things wrong with this post.

1. I never said DmC was a failure (maybe Demon did) I even said it shows they were improving.

2. We never said they can't get better, they can, we denied the fact of them surpassing Capcom/PG.

3. Sales do count a lot as many development studios and publishers had to lay off people and even shut down because their games weren't selling (THQ being an example).

4. Maybe they can surpass Capcom/PG (lol) but we doubt it'll happen any time soon.

5. They've been around for 10 years the fact the quality in their games barely went up since they first started. Either they're slow learners or lazy considering they went on a 4 year break unless they were working on HS for 3-4 years.

6. The topic is not if NT can improve is does NT has what it takes to make a game that will revolutionize/innovate the hack and slash genre such as the likes of DMC3 and Bayonetta or offer some new and fresh to the table. I say not them for even if they can improve the quality of their games in the past (even now with DmC) all they've shown is to make mediocre games that were as simple as a one paragraph essay and doesn't dare to be new, interesting, or fresh just lazily done rehash of ideas used in many other games.

7. We don't count DmC as a success in NT's part because why.....who taught them how to make it, who guided them frame by frame how stuff should work, who helped them along the road, who establish a visionary method of making a 30 fps game feel like a 60 fps game, who was part of the dev of 90 workers who made the game? CAPCOM for you know if Capcom barely helped out or did nothing it would be THESE games all over again.

Bionic_Commando.jpg
OperationRaccoonCity.jpg
But with pretty environments and bland platforming.

I mean think about it DmC's shining quality was its combat system (and art/design/environments something NT was known for when they first started up) and Capcom helped out with that....so what didn't they helped out with (outside art/design/environments).....hmmm platforming and boss battles.

Platforming.....bland and repetitive.

Boss Fights........only Vergil seemed to have effort put into it.

Geez even with Capcom's help the combat was unbalanced and broken that Capcom had to patch it.

Enemies.......shameless (about half of them are lazy, shameless, rehashed recolors)....well at least the Dreamrunner, Witch, Butcher, and Ravanger were cool....Harpies and Tyrants were decent.

Now I want to see what NT can make on their own (since Capcom apparently taught them new combat development skills) then I will properly how much they improved...it doesn't even have to be a hack and slash game it just have to be an amazing game that goes outside the boundaries of its genre and tries to do new things that makes it stands out in its genre and NT stands out as a developer because how good they're works are with their own creative talent (no helps from far superior devs or even outsourced writing....well personally wouldn't care about that but I hate how they get credit for another person who actually did the work) not how much the press/journalists sucks their d*ck for being mediocre.

One reason why NT isn't the one to make this next innovative hack and slash that pushes the boundaries of the genre for they have their priorities in the wrong place such as putting more emphasis on development budget and narrative that it kills the gameplay (constant cutscene interruptions to show how good its motion capture is and taking out features for the sake of narrative...herp-a-derp derp). Yahtzee in his review of DmC said it was an example of hogwash design philosophies that plague modern AAA action games.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
First, where have i said NT can´t improve? I just don´t have faith they will because their focus is more on story and cinematics, and DmC did not convince me because it was a established serie with a gameplay formula that was made.

Second, i don´t care if you talk trash about DMC4. I dont think your talking down on DMC4 is senseless, i know that much about you. And your not a person i think would post just to trash DMC4. Hence i think your critism (not that i pay much attention) would be constructive.

Third, praise NT all you like. But its unecessary to do that by putting them on a pedestal as the last dev team that loves what they do (making games). There are many companys who love what they do.

And again i dont judge you based on your critisim towards DMC. At very least i try my best to not do such thing.

I thought I told you I'm done with this. We. Are. Done with this conversation.
end_of_discussion.gif

There is many things wrong with this post.

1. I never said DmC was a failure (maybe Demon did) I even said it shows they were improving.

2. We never said they can't get better, they can, we denied the fact of them surpassing Capcom/PG.

3. Sales do count a lot as many development studios and publishers had to lay off people and even shut down because their games weren't selling (THQ being an example).

4. Maybe they can surpass Capcom/PG (lol) but we doubt it'll happen any time soon.

5. They've been around for 10 years the fact the quality in their games barely went up since they first started. Either they're slow learners or lazy considering they went on a 4 year break unless they were working on HS for 3-4 years.

6. The topic is not if NT can improve is does NT has what it takes to make a game that will revolutionize/innovate the hack and slash genre such as the likes of DMC3 and Bayonetta or offer some new and fresh to the table. I say not them for even if they can improve the quality of their games in the past (even now with DmC) all they've shown is to make mediocre games that were as simple as a one paragraph essay and doesn't dare to be new, interesting, or fresh just lazily done rehash of ideas used in many other games.

7. We don't count DmC as a success in NT's part because why.....who taught them how to make it, who guided them frame by frame how stuff should work, who helped them along the road, who establish a visionary method of making a 30 fps game feel like a 60 fps game, who was part of the dev of 90 workers who made the game? CAPCOM for you know if Capcom barely helped out or did nothing it would be THESE games all over again.

Bionic_Commando.jpg
OperationRaccoonCity.jpg
But with pretty environments and bland platforming.

I mean think about it DmC's shining quality was its combat system (and art/design/environments something NT was known for when they first started up) and Capcom helped out with that....so what didn't they helped out with (outside art/design/environments).....hmmm platforming and boss battles.

Platforming.....bland and repetitive.

Boss Fights........only Vergil seemed to have effort put into it.

Geez even with Capcom's help the combat was unbalanced and broken that Capcom had to patch it.

Enemies.......shameless (about half of them are lazy, shameless, rehashed recolors)....well at least the Dreamrunner, Witch, Butcher, and Ravanger were cool....Harpies and Tyrants were decent.

Now I want to see what NT can make on their own (since Capcom apparently taught them new combat development skills) then I will properly how much they improved...it doesn't even have to be a hack and slash game it just have to be an amazing game that goes outside the boundaries of its genre and tries to do new things that makes it stands out in its genre and NT stands out as a developer because how good they're works are with their own creative talent (no helps from far superior devs or even outsourced writing....well personally wouldn't care about that but I hate how they get credit for another person who actually did the work) not how much the press/journalists sucks their d*ck for being mediocre.

One reason why NT isn't the one to make this next innovative hack and slash that pushes the boundaries of the genre for they have their priorities in the wrong place such as putting more emphasis on development budget and narrative that it kills the gameplay (constant cutscene interruptions to show how good its motion capture is and taking out features for the sake of narrative...herp-a-derp derp). Yahtzee in his review of DmC said it was an example of hogwash design philosophies that plague modern AAA action games.

Dude, don't sh*t on me too just cause I said one little comment. Let my praise go, and move on.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I thought I told you I'm done with this. We. Are. Done with this conversation.
end_of_discussion.gif

Dude, don't sh*t on me too just cause I said one little comment. Let my praise go, and move on.

I'm not sh*tting on your praise. In fact I agree DmC was an improvement over HS.....but being an improvement over a crap game especially if your piggybacking off the success/legacy of another game with the help of another company doesn't constitute putting them on a high pedastool.

It's not really you its just the godawful gaming media especially how much they kiss NT a$$ for producing an okay game and they get all the credit despite the fact Capcom (well Itsuno and his 9/10 dudes from his team) actually played big parts in the development process.

Its like giving Suda51 all the praise for Shadows of the Damned when in fact Tango made it with them as well (although I don't ever saw that happened).

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
I'm not sh*tting on your praise. In fact I agree DmC was an improvement over HS.....but being an improvement over a crap game especially if your piggybacking off the success/legacy of another game with the help of another company doesn't constitute putting them on a high pedastool.

It's not really you its just the godawful gaming media especially how much they kiss NT a$$ for producing an okay game and they get all the credit despite the fact Capcom (well Itsuno and his 9/10 dudes from his team) actually played big parts in the development process.

Its like giving Suda51 all the praise for Shadows of the Damned when in fact Tango made it with them as well (although I don't ever saw that happened).

That's where you're wrong.

True NT's DmC was an okay game, but it's NT who were making the game from scratch, using what they had from DMC and Capcom as a resource. What, did you think it was suppose to be different on every aspect? It's a REBOOT for a reason. As if re-doing things but Capcom wanted it to still feel like a DMC game. Obviously that meant keeping the things that made it DMC in the first place.

And NT do deserve praise. They got sh*t on by fans, had rumors spread about them, had to deal with trolls (Event status and such) and get grief on it still. But even so, for a game to go through so much hatred (along with my own) and so much threats, it sold a good 1.1 million in copies, and so what if it's lower sales then the others. That's petty bringing up the past to justify some self justification.

So I agree with Dragonmaster, NT could get better, and could even surpass other developments one day. I do't know, it could happen.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
That's where you're wrong.

True NT's DmC was an okay game, but it's NT who were making the game from scratch, using what they had from DMC and Capcom as a resource. What, did you think it was suppose to be different on every aspect? It's a REBOOT for a reason. As if re-doing things but Capcom wanted it to still feel like a DMC game. Obviously that meant keeping the things that made it DMC in the first place.

And NT do deserve praise. They got sh*t on by fans, had rumors spread about them, had to deal with trolls (Event status and such) and get grief on it still. But even so, for a game to go through so much hatred (along with my own) and so much threats, it sold a good 1.1 million in copies, and so what if it's lower sales then the others. That's petty bringing up the past to justify some self justification.

So I agree with Dragonmaster, NT could get better, and could even surpass other developments one day. I do't know, it could happen.

1.1 million isn't as good as you think it is (its okay being able to pass the 1 mil mark) but Darksiders 2 sold like 1.4 mil guess what happened to THQ.
bankrupt.jpg

Granted they did start from the scratch and did their job as a reboot.

Tameem admitted that he and his team had to go to one of Capcom's universities and get schooled and educated by Capcom on how to make a DMC game.

Alex even said some key members of Capcom (such as Itsuno) even tagged along as part of the 90 devs on the game...yes 10 guys of the 90 devs....this game wasn't an only NT effort. Those 10 workers from Capcom were part of the team and they assisted in almost every aspect of the combat frame by frame. NT didn't make this game on their own you know.

NT made an okay or good game (by their standards anyways) but they don't deserve ALLLLLLLLLLLL the credit as people seem to be giving them.

Plus being made from the ground up or from scratch doesn't constitute praise since games where made from the ground up all the time and still come out like sh*t or mediocre.

Racoon City was made from the ground up....it was utter crap. Slant Six gets no praise and Capcom should be ashamed to let them make such a godawful game period.

Bionic Commando (reboot) was made from the ground and was meant as a reboot that revolutionize an old series into modern day culture. It was terrible. GRIN gets no praise.

Pigs can one day fly ya know......it could happen...evolution man.

But seriously NT can get better but surpassing the likes of Capcom/PG would require both companies to go down under or lose their best workers.

However, I will say NT and Capcom did do an okay job on DmC. So I'll give them that much praise well I can especially praise NT for their artwork/environments/design at the least.

Bazilican

1.1 million isn't as good as you think it is (its okay being able to pass the 1 mil mark) but Darksiders 2 sold like 1.4 mil guess what happened to THQ.
bankrupt.jpg

That's again, where you're wrong. For a game such as DmC, that's a pretty large accomplishment.

Granted they did start from the scratch and did their job as a reboot.

Tameem admitted that he and his team had to go to one of Capcom's universities and get schooled and educated by Capcom on how to make a DMC game.

Alex even said some key members of Capcom (such as Itsuno) even tagged along as part of the 90 devs on the game...yes 10 guys of the 90 devs....this game wasn't an only NT effort. Those 10 workers from Capcom were part of the team and they assisted in almost every aspect of the combat frame by frame. NT didn't make this game on their own you know.

But that's where you'd be partially right but partially wrong.

NT did make the game. capcom helped them out, but it was mostly a NT effort because it was from Capcom doing gameplay while NT does story, to NT doing both gameplay and story. So yeah, Capcom helped and give them the rights to make the game, but this was NT's achievement.

NT made an okay or good game (by their standards anyways) but they don't deserve ALLLLLLLLLLLL the credit as people seem to be giving them.

Why? Because it's not the pretty little DMC that whiney little fanboys wanted? It was an okay game yes, and I think it kind of does deserve those credits. I don't think they should have gotten so much, but I also believe that it's deserved.

Plus being made from the ground up or from scratch doesn't constitute praise since games where made from the ground up all the time and still come out like sh*t or mediocre.

True, but this ground up was from a development team who didn't know how to create a good game from the ground up.

Racoon City was made from the ground up....it was utter crap. Slant Six gets no praise and Capcom should be ashamed to let them make such a godawful game period.

Racoon city was still by Capcom so obviously they're gonna get hate. I would expect better from Capcom though since heir a larger development, thus me going back to "NT could surpass".

Bionic Commando (reboot) was made from the ground and was meant as a reboot that revolutionize an old series into modern day culture. It was terrible. GRIN gets no praise.

That's because it sucked completely. DmC actually didn't.

Pigs can one day fly ya know......it could happen...evolution man.

Exactly.

But seriously NT can get better but surpassing the likes of Capcom/PG would require both companies to go down under or lose their best workers.

Or NT getting more hands to help and them growing stronger through hard work and good work ethics. Like I said, it's not impossible, but it will take a while.

However, I will say NT and Capcom did do an okay job on DmC. So I'll give them that much praise well I can especially praise NT for their artwork/environments/design at the least.

Se? Now was that so hard to just get off your high hose and let bigons be bigons?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
bankrupt.jpg

Uh, yea, THQ was on the verge of bankruptcy for a while.

50_Cent_Blood_on_the_Sand.jpg

THQ "Sheeet, this is the best idea ever! 50 Cent Blood On The Sand!"

FROM THQ: Why you think we don't make game no mo?

For example.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Uh, yea, THQ was on the verge of bankruptcy for a while.

THQ "Sheeet, this is the best idea ever! 50 Cent Blood On The Sand!"

FROM THQ: Why you think we don't make game no mo?

For example.
I heard BitS wasn't quite as bad as the first one. I even heard that it was rather decent for a TPS.

Also, in my eyes, THQ will forever have immunity due to the fact that they made Darksiders. Nevermind that it wasn't quite as good as they hoped, let's just keep in mind that they were going for an action game on a scale only matched by Fable I & II.

You can rag on Molyneux if you want, though. Yes, I know the F series (lol) weren't that good, but they were good enough, and ambition counts a lot in my very humble opinion.

Still, if you see fit to have a go at DS, then I so help me I will go full retard (I.D.) on yo' azz.

(insert T.T. image here 'cause I'm too lazy)

Bazilican

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/16/dmc-devil-may-cry-development-team-has-over-90-members/

Compared to Capcom who has more then that, I still say NT get praise for doing DmC with such a small group.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/04/1...frame-by-frame-guidance-on-dmc-devil-may-cry/

Again, NT were the ones who made the game. Capcom were the ones to teach them how to do it.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/05/how-dragons-dogma-helped-dmc-devil-may-cry/

I saw nowhere where it said Capcom made DmC: Devil may Cry with NT's help. NT made the game, Capcom helped them and ave them the green light to do a DmC game; that's just how it is.

Top Bottom