• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5 is pretty likely

IncarnatedDemon

I think if you want to know if DMC 5 is going to happen or not, then going to AMD/Nividia´s drivers may be the way.

War of Nosgoth was revealed through AMD Drivers.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
**** dante. **** vergil. **** everybody. i want a new guy. a new story. new weapons. new ****. it could be a nice blend of campy bull **** and edgy bull ****. that way everybody doesn't have to ******* bitch about everything and we don't have another bull **** civil war again. there doesn't have to be an origin story since people seem to hate that for some strange ******* reason. make the character powerful but not too op since people hated that in the last game. but don't make **** too hard like DMC3 was originally. give them 90 fps since that was a clear issue in the last game for some odd reason. get a really well known japanese studio to do it too. and cut the DLC crap. there can be one or two but thats it. have the return of styles and taunts. i really don't give a **** about the lock on system. i never really used it unless i was really ******* ****ed at one particular demon. even though i liked the platforming, a lot of DMC fans thought it was gay so cut that out too. i really couldn't care less about the camera angels. although i do like the ones in DmC, you can just do what ever you feel it to do. script doesn't seem to matter since people loved DMC4 so i guess you could just do whatever you want since this will be more gameplay based and not story driven. so, thats just me giving away my two cents.

Why dont do just go play a different game?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
just trying to find a healthy medium for everybody. i can play both with no problem but everybody keep flaming so why not just start over with a new cast?

well i think kamiya's original plan, he wanted to give each new DMC game a rotating cast/different lead etc. He compared it to final fantasy.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
well i think kamiya's original plan, he wanted to give each new DMC game a rotating cast/different lead etc. He compared it to final fantasy.
That's what I've been saying all along. I actually made a post about this a while back.

rocketvergil

just trying to find a healthy medium for everybody. i can play both with no problem but everybody keep flaming so why not just start over with a new cast?
As if a reboot wasn't enough, now you guys want DMC to become final fantasy??
Dante is devil may cry, without him DMC is just another typical hack and slash game.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
As if a reboot wasn't enough, now you guys want DMC to become final fantasy??
Dante is devil may cry, without him DMC is just another typical hack and slash game.

capcom is just bleeding the series anyway. and a lot of people don't like certain incarnations of dante anyway. so it seems the best way to put everything to rest is to either kill him off or just wipe the slate clean

rocketvergil

capcom is just bleeding the series anyway. and a lot of people don't like certain incarnations of dante anyway. so it seems the best way to put everything to rest is to either kill him off or just wipe the slate clean
Well I have to respect your opinion but in my opinion, that would be the most stupidest thing to do for capcom's sales and also for us

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Well I have to respect your opinion but in my opinion, that would be the most stupidest thing to do for capcom's sales and also for us

thank you. but honestly, i don't think capcom ever cared about what's good for us. i mean, do you realize how alienated the fans of DMC1 (and maybe 2) felt when DMC3 came out? and that same feeling that you felt when DmC came out is what DMC1 fans felt.

GF9000000Returns

DMC 2 was rushed. And it was a failure because Capcom put a different team on it.
DMC 4 = rushed

DMC 3 = sucess
DMC1 = success

U shudnt trust Capcom because they seem to be forking out a half assed game and think thjats worth peoples money (DMC 4).

I hope that superstition is true.

And..yeah I think it's gonna be a DMC5 this time cuz Capcom said it themselves that they doing both. Would I be excited right away, no...until I see some trailers. But I DO HOPE Capcom makes NT do a DmC2 for 2017, cuz I wanna see more of the unique style and story.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Or they can just make Dante cool agian and not whatever they were trying to do with DMC3/DMC4.

thank you. but honestly, i don't think capcom ever cared about what's good for us. i mean, do you realize how alienated the fans of DMC1 (and maybe 2) felt when DMC3 came out? and that same feeling that you felt when DmC came out is what DMC1 fans felt.

Really? DMC1 fans felt alienated? Atleast Dante still has his white hair and red coat. Why exactly did they feel alienated? Is it the same grips as I have with DMC3? (story, character, etc)

EnJ

Shade
And..yeah I think it's gonna be a DMC5 this time cuz Capcom said it themselves that they doing both.

And again...they didn't say anything like that. Why so many people think that they do?

And one more question, why so many people hate DMC4? For most complexe and indepth combat system in maybe, whole genre? In nowadays than more casual and retarded gameplay is then game is better? Or it's because the style of this game dose not revolve around "F**K YOU!", vomit, demon sex, whores, "DEMONS CONTROL EVERYTHING, PEOPLE NEED TO BE FREE DONTE!" and other?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
And one more question, why so many people hate DMC4?

Many reasons I've seen why it's hated are mostly the reasons like: because Nero takes up most of the game instead of Dante or because Dante fights the same bosses as Nero during a back track on his playthrough(Rushed game) or Dante is a fun character to play as and watch instead of a well written bore, or my personal favorite, because it focuses on fun & challenging gameplay and doesn't give a damn about it's story or writting like every Devil May Cry should be doing.

But DMC4 is my 3rd favorite game in the series and DMC4 Dante is my 2nd favorite Dante in the series.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Or it's because the style of this game dose not revolve around "F**K YOU!", vomit, demon sex, whores, "DEMONS CONTROL EVERYTHING, PEOPLE NEED TO BE FREE DONTE!" and other?

Man, this sentence of yours cracked me up. Haha... Apologies if it wasn't supposed to be funny but....

I didn't read the whole thread but is DMC5 really coming?

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
And again...they didn't say anything like that. Why so many people think that they do?

And one more question, why so many people hate DMC4? For most complexe and indepth combat system in maybe, whole genre? In nowadays than more casual and retarded gameplay is then game is better? Or it's because the style of this game dose not revolve around "F**K YOU!", vomit, demon sex, whores, "DEMONS CONTROL EVERYTHING, PEOPLE NEED TO BE FREE DONTE!" and other?

I don't know, people will believe they've heard what they want to be true. Although, Capcom did say that they could make DMC5 if there is enough demand for it, and if they believe DMC has a future. Basically, they said they had no idea.

I thought DMC4 was a pretty good game. Sure, it doesn't really have a great plot, but it was a nice plot, what with Trish giving the Order the Yamato to see whether or not they were evil. And Dante possibly giving Nero some enemies on purpose. People hated it mostly because of Nero and the backtracking, yes. Nero is DMC's Raiden, and he's got some sort of Liquid Ocelot arm. The whole character just shouldn't exist - not as Vergil's son, not as a son of Sparda, not as anything. The arm spoiled any chance of him being a well thought out character. And the backtracking, well, it sucked. Basically the same enemies again, only you fought them with Dante that time. The cutscenes make the game, really.

The gameplay, however, is still better than DmC's. I'd say the graphics are too. And I don't understand why people say DmC is so great for following the story, as it's pretty much the same as before. I'd even rather take DMC1 over that.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
A previous post does make me wonder if DMC should be continued. I would like it to, but maybe everyone's a bit tired of Dante. I mean, he already killed God (Mundus), so any enemy after that is a step down for him. It's been said he has no equal; that he is stronger than Vergil, and even Sparda.

I would certainly like Nero to turn into a coherent character, but I don't think Capcom is smart enough to come up with an origins story for him. That, or they're just too lazy. It would be great if Platinum Games started work on DMC5, or some sort of reboot that stayed true to DMC's visual style, character style, plot and such. But then, I'm guessing Platinum has had enough of the whole 'demons vs angels' thing. Bayonetta and MGR are no doubt enough for them.

Besides, people wouldn't exactly be enthusiastic if they made another reboot. DMC5 would still be the way to go, and Capcom would have to be the developer (or maybe the guys who created God of War, or something like that). Make Nero work somehow, give him an actual full Devil Trigger, and find an appropriate enemy for him. Heck, make it Dante or Sparda, to make things interesting. I don't know how that would work, but making Vergil the enemy again would just be wrong, especially considering part of Vergil's soul seems to be with Nero. I guess you could make Mundus' offspring the main antagonist. Heh, make it Mundus' evil twin sons :p

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I don't know, people will believe they've heard what they want to be true. Although, Capcom did say that they could make DMC5 if there is enough demand for it, and if they believe DMC has a future. Basically, they said they had no idea.

I thought DMC4 was a pretty good game. Sure, it doesn't really have a great plot, but it was a nice plot, what with Trish giving the Order the Yamato to see whether or not they were evil. And Dante possibly giving Nero some enemies on purpose. People hated it mostly because of Nero and the backtracking, yes. Nero is DMC's Raiden, and he's got some sort of Liquid Ocelot arm. The whole character just shouldn't exist - not as Vergil's son, not as a son of Sparda, not as anything. The arm spoiled any chance of him being a well thought out character. And the backtracking, well, it sucked. Basically the same enemies again, only you fought them with Dante that time. The cutscenes make the game, really.

The gameplay, however, is still better than DmC's. I'd say the graphics are too. And I don't understand why people say DmC is so great for following the story, as it's pretty much the same as before. I'd even rather take DMC1 over that.

Completely agree dmc 4 was a good game in terms of gameplay and graphics(backtracking was annoying and replaying the last ten lvls just as dante was annoyingly repetitive) but it was still a great game i hate that they didnt set the character nero up correctly i liked playing as him

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Its my hope that the next dmc game that comes out(and yes i have faith there will be another) redeems the series get everyone back on track but i got to say if your gunna introduce a new character please please PLEASE! make sure there is a detailed back story that links up and makes sense with the rest of the story the die hard dmc fans dont just play the game to play the game we play the game to get lost in the story and enjoy the experience (also keep the improved cutscenes!!!!)

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Yeah, Nero was fun. A bit slow, maybe, but fun. I'd love to see more of his story and his growth as a character.
Heheh, now making him fight evil twins sounds like a nice idea. Whether they're Mundus' sons or not doesn't really matter. Make them evil equivalents of Dante and Vergil. Battle them separately or at once. Give Nero some more weapons, like a scythe, dual katanas, or even disposable weapons like in Bayonetta. Make him have powerful attacks, but also fast ones.
I really want him to work, otherwise they'd have to do a story about Nero's son, or something. But that would ignore Nero completely and be sort of insulting.

Top Bottom