• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5 is pretty likely

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I saw nowhere where it said Capcom made DmC: Devil may Cry with NT's help. NT made the game, Capcom helped them and ave them the green light to do a DmC game; that's just how it is.

I never said Capcom made NT in fact I literally said what you just said.

NT made this game with NT's guidance but the shining feature in DmC the combat wouldn't have been as good as it is without Capcom's help.

I do acredit NT on some stuff DmC also did right such as the environments/design/art, motion capture, and etc. Those they did on their own.

DmC was still a good game by NT standards (and no its not because its not the DMC we fans wanted it to be its because its an average action game with much better ones out there. DMC was always at the top competing with the best of the best or is the king of mountain for it revolutionized the hack and slash genre many times...not settling for scraps) and is better than their last games but the fact is they don't deserve ALL the praise for they didn't do ALL the work (they did most of it) but Capcom was part of the team as well and helped out a lot and we all know on the gameplay front it would suck just like their other games (except Kung Fu Chaos that was at least fun) without Capcom's guidance.

Personally I wished Capcom made DmC with NT's help. It might've turned out better.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
with DMC5, i would like Capcom to fix the mess they've made by literally going forward and answering some loose ends/auto correcting but thats not gonna happen so other options would be either focusing on Vergil or Sparda.

Sparda would be ideal because the character has a large amount of freedom so the sky is literally the limit. You never have to go back to Dante because Sparda has 2000+ years of events to be in, historical or fictional.

Vergil is the series breakout character and setting it with Vergil waking up in the demon world, free of mundus's control could be fun.

Nero is the guy everyone either hates or is unsure of so i see a solo game as a more questionable venture.

If it were a anime based around him i would say go ahead because watching the rookie trying to figure what he's gonna do is tons more interesting than watching the veteran sleepwalk.

We got that in the anime and it was dull as dishwater.

Reactions: Meg

Meg

Thank you Z218 for getting us back on topic! :D

Soooooo! DMC5? Think it will happen? When? What will it be like? What do you want to see?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Soooooo! DMC5? Think it will happen? When? What will it be like? What do you want to see?
Im gonna say yes for a DMC 5. Now maybe risky but it also seems fresh to do it. fans want old Dante back more then ever and Capcom will feed them their pizza induced DMC 5.

For me I just want to see a better story then the original 4, fun gameplay as usual, and an actual cool Dante who doesnt need to try so hard to be cool.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
If they did make a DMC5 I would like the idea of using more then one character with unique styles. I hope they could continue that and expand on it. If not in the story then maybe in Bloody Palace. I'm not saying go all out with 30+ charcters or anything, but half of the cast is not being used and it irks me sometimes. Other then Nero and Dante for example, make Lady and Trish playable in extra modes. Maybe add in Vergil.

I just wish they'd use their cast more then they currently do you know? So many possibilites.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

Im gonna say yes for a DMC 5. Now maybe risky but it also seems fresh to do it. fans want old Dante back more then ever and Capcom will feed them their pizza induced DMC 5.

For me I just want to see a better story then the original 4, fun gameplay as usual, and an actual cool Dante who doesnt need to try so hard to be cool.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i'm still fronting that we don't get devil may cry game for another 10 years or so. just saying. until this cluster **** dies down, the series can reboot itself again so it can tend to both DMC and DmC fan's needs.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I wouldnt mind if monty oum redesigns/reboots Devil may Cry because RWBY looks awesome

Yeah I heard the first episode for RWBY came out....where can I go see it (I know its available on RoosterTeeth.com but is there other places to go view it?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I swear Capcom better not make another midquel I want a continuation of the story but since 2 is the worst game in the series I don't think Capcom wants anything to do with it. D'x

IncarnatedDemon

The worst issue DMC has is Capcom rushing the projects.

So 3 years development time - is one of the important issues to adress if DMC 5 happens.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
**** dante. **** vergil. **** everybody. i want a new guy. a new story. new weapons. new ****. it could be a nice blend of campy bull **** and edgy bull ****. that way everybody doesn't have to ****ing bitch about everything and we don't have another bull **** civil war again. there doesn't have to be an origin story since people seem to hate that for some strange ****ing reason. make the character powerful but not too op since people hated that in the last game. but don't make **** too hard like DMC3 was originally. give them 90 fps since that was a clear issue in the last game for some odd reason. get a really well known japanese studio to do it too. and cut the DLC crap. there can be one or two but thats it. have the return of styles and taunts. i really don't give a **** about the lock on system. i never really used it unless i was really ****ing ****ed at one particular demon. even though i liked the platforming, a lot of DMC fans thought it was gay so cut that out too. i really couldn't care less about the camera angels. although i do like the ones in DmC, you can just do what ever you feel it to do. script doesn't seem to matter since people loved DMC4 so i guess you could just do whatever you want since this will be more gameplay based and not story driven. so, thats just me giving away my two cents.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I swear Capcom better not make another midquel I want a continuation of the story but since 2 is the worst game in the series I don't think Capcom wants anything to do with it. D'x

The worst issue DMC has is Capcom rushing the projects.

So 3 years development time - is one of the important issues to adress if DMC 5 happens.

My issue with DMC5 and Capcom is DLC. It doesn't matter if PG, NT, or anybody else makes DMC5 or DmC2 since its being published by Capcom......they can still own the rights to do what they want with the product and PG has shown with MGR to not be so defensive towards DLC so if Konami can make gip DLC for PG game what is stopping Capcom do the same with their next installment not factoring who makes it.

I feel the DLC in DmC was a bit bad especially on the pre-order bonus sides (I can understand weapon's skin but stuff like item finder was in past DMC games so why make it a pre-order incentive and later DLC).

Well DmC did had unlockable costumes but only like 3 (Dante without a jacket, white haired Dante, and literally Dante) and Downfall feels like something that could've been in the game and I question why BP wasn't in the game on release.

Well DmC had fair DLC (with fair prices) compared to Metal Gear Rip-Off I'm mainly complaining it had DLC to begin with.

Top Bottom