• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5 Collaborative Effort

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
TCD just gave me a nice rationalization for Nero being able to carry demons around with him. He absorbed things into the DB before, even parts of weakened demons (Credo's shield) so he could absorb tamed/weakened enemies into it as well for future use.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Maybe Nero can absorb their abilities until you swtich them for another demon he absorbed? I'm taking the concept of a blue mage here. XD

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Nero would then be too strong I think...I;m thinking maybe one or the other but until then he will have both?

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Oh, that would be cool! Maybe you can have a choice of a new weapon as well depending on what one you choose?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Faust;297024 said:
Oh, that would cool! Maybe you can have a choice of a new weapon as well depending on what one you choose?

And since they both make a tempting offer, it's sure to twist brains. :lol:

Yeah, I like that idea. Although we should make them balanced so one isn't too much better than the other. More to suit playstyles than anything else.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Yeah. :lol: Controlling demons with this kick ass weapon or absorbing their abilites with this other kick ass weapon...:p

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
One of us should keep a wordpad document or something to keep track of enemies and abilities and such.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Oh a motorbike idea, sounds like a good one. Since I was having that in my Concept a while back :p I think it should be Dante's own separate bike though. Lady can still have hers.

Lol, so this is Halo meets Pokemon meets DMC? Quite a strange mix =/

I like the absorb and control ideas. Does the player pick which to use? Or can they unlock both? And what outcomes does choosing either one give the player? =/

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It's a player's choice. I think you could have both as an unlockable costume. And I don't expect this to have much impact on the story, if at all. One gives one weapon and one ability, the other gives a different weapon and a different ability.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Storm Silves;297031 said:
It's a player's choice. I think you could have both as an unlockable costume. And I don't expect this to have much impact on the story, if at all. One gives one weapon and one ability, the other gives a different weapon and a different ability.

I was just thinking like a different path opens, depending on the choice. Like, you choose the absorb and a different path follows for the rest of the game. You choose the control, and another path becomes available. Like, different game paths from different choices. Opening up more mission/ending possibilities. It's done in other games, and doesn't just make you feel like you're replaying the game again.

Let's face it, DMC isn't really huge on it's mission repeatability.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Storm Silves;297033 said:
Yes, but I also don't like the whole "bad ending/good ending" thing.

I never said any bad endings. Subsequently you get the same ultimate ending. Just maybe a different cut-scene or something. I don't know, there's a lot to be played around with. Let's see what the others think.

At the moment I'm fine with adding or cutting this. And I'm guessing you don't want to add this Mr.Silves? =/

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh. Well, actually, I think it's fine. I just didn't like the idea of there being a good/bad ending because that's a HUGE video game cliche and that's what I thought you were aiming at.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Storm Silves;297038 said:
Oh. Well, actually, I think it's fine. I just didn't like the idea of there being a good/bad ending because that's a HUGE video game cliche and that's what I thought you were aiming at.

Oh right, cool ^_^

Well that's two people that like that idea. Anyone else? =/

Who wants to keep up the word document for this? I've got too many word documents on my mind lately. Anyone? =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom