• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC5 Collaborative Effort

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I was looking through this Thread just now reading everyone's ideas, thinking 'awesome'. And then a bloody power-cut >_< I waited for an hour or so, but the power never came back.

Anyway, I'll post before I have another power-cut here. And edit accordingly.

Okay, so Faust is working on the beginning of the story. We are allowed to add things to that also. That's all good.

Mr.Silves is working on weapons and enemies & bosses. If he doesn't mind, I have some ideas for enemies and bosses, plus a few weapon ideas. There's not much, and I'm sure that Mr.Silves can make them far better than what I could.

I'll post up the things that I had in a second. I don't know about Nero keeping Yamato, but he does need it to DT. Unless we can come up with something else? Like, he's grown stronger demoniacally, so he no longer needs the Yamato for that =/

I think Sparda should remain as a costume. Trying to tie him into all of this is going to be a nightmare, and I think it's too soon for considering him or even Mundus yet.

We know too little of DmC yet, apart from a small trailer. It would be too much work, when we know so little. Would of been cool though.

I like that Nero's side of the missions start during DMC 2, and then tie in at the end, that's pretty cool ^_^

I agree that Nero and Vergil will steal the show. But remember, we have to keep Dante a key focus in this game. If I’m not mistaken, a lot of people haven’t taken too kindly to the Reboot. What they want right now is to see our ‘true’ Dante, so in the midst of Nero and Vergil let’s not forget that.

So am I right in thinking these are our jobs?

Storm - Story developer. Enemy & Boss creator and designer. Moves List creator and designer. Weapons creator and designer.

LoD - Story developer. Controls creator and designer. Locations creator and designer.

Meg - Story structuring and character relations.

Faust - Story structuring and dialogue. Scene creator and designer.

SRS: Story developer. Costumes and modes creator and designer. Items and customisations creator and designer.

Here are my enemy ideas Mr.Silves.

• Chaos Knights -A highly intelligent breed of demonic knights. Using Demonic power from an ancient relic, these knights are under control of a Dark Force. They work alone, so they aren't too much trouble. However, they possess demonic power and they are very well armoured.

Baby Phantoms -Much stronger than they were in Devil May Cry 1. These baby Phantoms can crawl onto you and bite away. Be sure to not get too swarmed by them, as in numbers they can be deadly… Even to Dante.

Sin Reapers: These horribly gruesome creatures live and serve under the Devil Emperor's control. These Sin Reapers intend to kill the innocent and resurrect them as demons, to help serve Mundus. They dress all in black, and can release deadly black smoke from their fingertips which can poison their enemies. They can float around, and can even transport through walls. They don't wear any protection, so they are easy to slash away at. Attacking them at the waist is most effective, as is at the head. They travel in groups of 3, and can be found in most dark environments. Where you can smell death, they are sure to be lurking in the shadows.

Frosts: Elite demons, sired by the Emperor of demon-kind. Frosts are all-purpose soldiers used in a variety of situations. Frosts encase themselves in ice to recover their strength, so quickly destroying their icy cocoon is key. They work in large groups, so be on your feet.

Dispaters: These lizards wear tough armour, and move in groups of 4 or 5. Their speed is their speciality, and they can deliver deadly claw attacks. Try to avoid these creatures teeth too, as they can tear through most things. They always gather and move around in the same type of environment, so they are sure to be around grassy areas. Be on your toes for these creatures.

Here are my weapon ideas also.

• Blue Knight - A double edged sword, another of Nero's heavily customized Arson.

Velvet Hour - Shootable shurikens which teleport back to Lady after being shot.

Devil's Tear - Nero's arms and legs turn into fire so Nero can deliver some a$$-kicking martial arts moves!

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Omg that is so Kick @ss LoD! *faint* I read most of it but very quickly. I have to head out now and thanks. ^_^ I just want a rough outline for the beginning so we now have a start and a finish so far...now to flesh it out and start it! :D

See you all later!

Meg

Sparda's rejected son;296830 said:
The vote is casted and Meg's ending is in! :) I wish she was still posting in this thread she would be happy about this.

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! *ballon and streamers drop* ;)

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I really enjoy LoD's ideas for Nero. I agree he will need more than just his Red Queen and Blue Rose. :lol:

The blue knight is a very nice sword you have planned, and same with his Devil's Tear H2H.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Awesome ideas there LoD, That for sure works! =) Last night I super brained stormed and I think I came up with a story that combines everyones ideas and at the same time ties in everyones story. I also think I came up with a good orgin story for Nero. I'm type it and post it here.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Gah! You guys really took off when I had to leave.

@LoD: I like the enemy ideas, and the weapons are nice. I'll come up with movesets if you'd like.

BTW, I think that, to show that Nero is more demonic than in 4, he could have a weapon or some kind of upgrade that lets him either summon or capture demons as allies. I mean, it'd be nice to have an ally in this game, right? Of course, if Dante or someone else is around, that power'd be disabled. We can say that Dante and Nero's power cancel each other out in the vicinity. More so with Dante and Vergil.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Thanks for liking the ideas guys, much appreciated ^_^

Okay Storm, I edited my previous post. Am I right in thinking these are everyone's jobs? But we can each contribute our ideas to each other's areas individual. But that person who holds that job says whether it gets added or cut. Or am I wrong? =/

I like that idea, it's pretty neat. How about it's a sort of 'possession' type of demonic phase, that lasts for a brief period of time. Allowing you to manipulate your enemies. As the game progresses, Nero upgrades so he can control more enemies at one specific time. Any good? Was that what you were getting at, or have I missed the point? =/

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
We are just setting up ideas in short, choppy summaries. SRS wants to post up others for us to fiddle around with later. ^_^

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
@LoD: That, and you can keep enemies in reserve (I don't know how this'd be implemented yet. Perhaps a sort of pocket dimension full of human-allied demons) and summon them at will, as CPU allies. There are two versions of Capture. Capture 1, which is an immediate capture and the enemies are controlled by you, but only for a short time, and Capture 2, which is long term and allows you to "store" enemies as CPU allies.

Of course, there is a limit to what you can capture, and stronger enemies have to be weakened to be captured. Blitzes, for example, cannot be captured unless they're weakened and have no lightning cover.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Storm Silves;297001 said:
@LoD: That, and you can keep enemies in reserve (I don't know how this'd be implemented yet. Perhaps a sort of pocket dimension full of human-allied demons) and summon them at will, as CPU allies. There are two versions of Capture. Capture 1, which is an immediate capture and the enemies are controlled by you, but only for a short time, and Capture 2, which is long term and allows you to "store" enemies as CPU allies.

Of course, there is a limit to what you can capture, and stronger enemies have to be weakened to be captured. Blitzes, for example, cannot be captured unless they're weakened and have no lightning cover.

I'm not bitching, but this is like Pokemon meets DMC lol It's a sweet idea though, and I really like it. Demon enemies, gotta catch 'em all :)

Also, I think we should bring Pandora's Box back, and give it a hell of a lot more attacks. Anyone else agree? =/

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
*raises hand* I think Pandora could be a unique weapon in that it takes up both the melee weapon and gun weapon slot, as it should be able to do both kinds of attacks.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Storm Silves;297008 said:
*raises hand* I think Pandora could be a unique weapon in that it takes up both the melee weapon and gun weapon slot, as it should be able to do both kinds of attacks.

I totally agree Mr.Silves, I was also thinking melee attacks also. Plus it really gives it a lot more to add. Anyone else liking these ideas? =/

Meg

Here's a random thought. Would vehicles been in this game? Like how Dante rides around on Lady's motorcycle and uses it as a weapon. Could be neat.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
That would be nice.

Dante should get a tank at one point in the game. A demonic tank, if you catch my drift. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom