• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC - What We know so far

Zilla

The inFAAMous
something that i just thought about which almost everyone skipped the achievement/trophy it says kill 100 demons..
this would be a very stupid achievement/trophy because all of what dante kills really is demons so you will get this achievement/trophy whether you like it or not but what i had in mind maybe this game is not like every other DMC and what i mean is every other DMC you had to kill all enemies to advance what if this game you can skip the enemies and i know we saw in the gameplay the path closes everytime there is enemies but what if this path closing thing is not everywhere what if its just certain parts... i know this sounds stupid but think about it why would they put an achievement/trophy like that if youre gonna get anyways... or maybe theyre just handing out achievements/trophies but i just thought its something to think about

Plenty of games have lots of achievements which pop through normal gameplay, it creates a good balance between both good and bad players; both feel like they're accomplishing.

In every DMC you have always been able to skip packs of enemies, in DMC 1 You can even skip the first fight with Griffon on the second play through. Aside from the times where the red barrier appears, forcing You to eliminate all enemies on screen in order to progress, You can simply jump over them to the next area. Fighting the enemies in the area is ultimately your own choice, be it whether to acquire more orbs to meet the S rank requirement or to simply practice moves and techniques.

Derozio

Sexiness Personified.

At 21:56, an achievement pops up at the screen. "In the name of my father". Confirms that Sparda is still a demon. Dunno if this was already known so yeah. Just sayin'. Didn't want to make a thread for this either. :p

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
At 21:56, an achievement pops up at the screen. "In the name of my father". Confirms that Sparda is still a demon. Dunno if this was already known so yeah. Just sayin'. Didn't want to make a thread for this either. :p

Really you too??? Wasn't Dante being half demon half angel with his mom being an angel wasn't obvious enough to say Sparda was still a demon? How does "In the name of my father" proves that Sparda is a demon anyways?

Derozio

Sexiness Personified.
It seems pretty obvious, yeah. But this makes it official. If I'm not wrong, Capcom hasn't said ANYTHING about sparda or his heritage and kept his character out of the spotlight till now. I don't think they've said it that Sparda's a demon and Eva is an angel even in a single interview. This is proof. Though yeah, since it seems so obvious, it makes the statement kinda redundant, but still..

It does. Since it is related to an achievement which is 'achieved' by Dante when he uses his demonic weapons to finish his enemies off. Watch it. You'll know.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It seems pretty obvious, yeah. But this makes it official. If I'm not wrong, Capcom hasn't said ANYTHING about sparda or his heritage and kept his character out of the spotlight till now. I don't think they've said it that Sparda's a demon and Eva is an angel even in a single interview. This is proof. Though yeah, since it seems so obvious, it makes the statement kinda redundant, but still..

It does. Since it is related to an achievement which is 'achieved' by Dante when he uses his demonic weapons to finish his enemies off. Watch it. You'll know.

I never knew it had to take Capcom or NT to officially state "oh yeah Sparda is still a demon" for Sparda to be a demon. Heh...whatever...I guess when he uses an angel weapon it would say "For my mother".

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I never knew it had to take Capcom or NT to officially state "oh yeah Sparda is still a demon" for Sparda to be a demon. Heh...whatever...I guess when he uses an angel weapon it would say "For my mother".
Well I mean with a reboot you can't just assume things like that, because things so simple as that could have been changed.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Well I mean with a reboot you can't just assume things like that, because things so simple as that could have been changed.
Edit: sorry for double post

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

Well even as a reboot all the hints still made it very clear that Sparda was still a demon....he may different but it was very highly hinted that he was still a demon long before this achievement. It was pretty much common sense. So what up to this point people thought Sparda was an angel now?

They did say Dante was a demon and an angel hybrid and even as a reboot it still gotta retain some of its source material.....I mean in all of Batman reboots Bruce still grew up from rich parents who died then he inherited their wealth and company. I mean Dante being half demon was the core essential for the series and him being being half angel now instead of half human is a change we can all adjust to but taking away his demonic heritage....they might as well take out the Devil in Devil May Cry.

Derozio

Sexiness Personified.
Well even as a reboot all the hints still made it very clear that Sparda was still a demon....he may different but it was very highly hinted that he was still a demon long before this achievement. It was pretty much common sense. So what up to this point people thought Sparda was an angel now?
You know what? I'm pretty darn sure nobody expected Sparda to be an angel in DmC. At least not after all the implications from previous trailers. But there's something called solid proof which is required to seal the deal. Just to repeat, in case you have forgotten, this is a friggin reboot. They may as well make dante wear a thong and make him fight cute puppies if they want to. Of course that won't happen but I'm just trying to make a point here. They could've made Eva a demon in here instead of Sparda - that way, he still would've had his heritage intact. Just a possibility. And yeah, reboots - these cute things aren't always like the Batman reboot where quite a lot of source material is kept intact. NT have already changed a lot. I don't really need to go into details since their work is there for all to see - you know all about the changes they've made.

As for:
Stylish Nero said:
They did say Dante was a demon and an angel hybrid and even as a reboot it still gotta retain some of its source material.....I mean in all of Batman reboots Bruce still grew up from rich parents who died then he inherited their wealth and company. I mean Dante being half demon was the core essential for the series and him being being half angel now instead of half human is a change we can all adjust to but taking away his demonic heritage....they might as well take out the Devil in Devil May Cry.
You know, the people who got used to the angel thing are the ones who probably already belonged to the pro-DmC faction. These people, as far as I know, consist of open-minded folks who do not condone change and are very much likely to accept change as long as the end product received by them is a quality product. That may OR may not mean that they're happy about some changes. There's a very high degree of chance that they would've accepted it if Sparda was an angel and Eva was a demon in this game - doesn't mean they'll be happy about it. But you're saying 'making him an angel' is something 'we can all get adjusted to' - I'm sorry, you can't speak for others. MANY DmC supporters have been put off by this change in heritage thing. They still support the game, may even accept this change, but they're still not happy about it. Go to CU once. You'll know what I'm talking about.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
You know what? I'm pretty darn sure nobody expected Sparda to be an angel in DmC. At least not after all the implications from previous trailers. But there's something called solid proof which is required to seal the deal. Just to repeat, in case you have forgotten, this is a friggin reboot. They may as well make dante wear a thong and make him fight cute puppies if they want to. Of course that won't happen but I'm just trying to make a point here. They could've made Eva a demon in here instead of Sparda - that way, he still would've had his heritage intact. Just a possibility. And yeah, reboots - these cute things aren't always like the Batman reboot where quite a lot of source material is kept intact. NT have already changed a lot. I don't really need to go into details since their work is there for all to see - you know all about the changes they've made.

As for:

You know, the people who got used to the angel thing are the ones who probably already belonged to the pro-DmC faction. These people, as far as I know, consist of open-minded folks who do not condone change and are very much likely to accept change as long as the end product received by them is a quality product. That may OR may not mean that they're happy about some changes. There's a very high degree of chance that they would've accepted it if Sparda was an angel and Eva was a demon in this game - doesn't mean they'll be happy about it. But you're saying 'making him an angel' is something 'we can all get adjusted to' - I'm sorry, you can't speak for others. MANY DmC supporters have been put off by this change in heritage thing. They still support the game, may even accept this change, but they're still not happy about it. Go to CU once. You'll know what I'm talking about.

I highly doubt Capcom will let NT change everything...this is still Capcom's title and ownership...not Ninja Theory they can easily hire some other company make a DmC2.

Anyway.......Capcom Unity.....you sure going there is a good idea....the last time I went there.........it was looking so well in the DmC section......or the MegaMan section....poor MegaMan fans.:/

Don't twist my words like the others....I said making him half-angel instead of half human....making him an angel implies he is all angel...I never said that.

As for solid proof...how does killing a demon with a demon weapon and an achievement pop up that says "In the name of my father" for all we know you can get that achievement for killing any demon with any weapon. Not even that achievement is set in stone that is just another obvious hint....solid proof is NT/Capcom said it themselves or I see a story trailer/dialogue that proofs it.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
What the heck does Megaman have to do with this?
Everything!

MegaDante.png

Top Bottom