• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC - What We know so far

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
No its kinda the same since a lot of fans during DMC4's time never cared about Nero either.

I felt the need to reply, even after this long. Yes, but at least Nero is a well-developed character that inspires affection in one way or another. Dante from DmC... not really, from what I've seen.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I felt the need to reply, even after this long. Yes, but at least Nero is a well-developed character that inspires affection in one way or another. Dante from DmC... not really, from what I've seen.
I have to disagree about the part where Nero is a well developed character. We barely know anything about Nero, we don't even know where he came from and his relationship to Dante. But you're right he did bring affection, but that's about it.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I have to disagree about the part where Nero is a well developed character. We barely know anything about Nero, we don't even know where he came from and his relationship to Dante. But you're right he did bring affection, but that's about it.

Yes, you're right, of course. But what I meant is that he's well developed when you consider his personality, the way he looks, etc. So I wasn't talking about his background per se.
I also meant that he's a likeable character, which DmC's Dante isn't, so far.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Yes, you're right, of course. But what I meant is that he's well developed when you consider his personality, the way he looks, etc. So I wasn't talking about his background per se.
Ah, so appearance wise.
Well I still have to agree about DmC Dante not being a likable character, but I digress. Lol

ReRave

smug jerk
I highlighted the part where you mistyped "terribly written".

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

Here is something that is wrong with your statement. Your basing your views on 2 different characters (one whose game you already played and know 100% about him and his story and other you haven't played yet and haven't seen how he, his character, and story plays out).

I mean if we based our opinions on a character from each trailer I would assume DMC3 Dante was as quiet as his DMC2 counterpart since very little story details was shown and Dante was never shown talking (so I remember). From what I seen of Nero from first impressions before getting the game is that he looks Dante and has a demonic arm and his voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch and he has a lady friend. DMC4 Dante just based on TGS he appeared to have become a badguy.

Now its still a matter of opinion. Everyone has their own opinion....just because you find DmC Dante unlikeable doesn't mean others do. I mean I've heard DMC fans say that they hate Nero and that he was a Dante wannabe and a waste of time and space.....well I say to them is....

3qp9ga.jpg

Then there are people who don't like the old Dante and will say stuff like "Whats so likeable about a character who has zero depth outside saying cheesy generic lines and looks cool while performing stunts?" What I say to them is......

i-see-your-point-spear-spiderman-YsX3vo.jpg

But still......

3qp9ga.jpg

Railazel

Here is something that is wrong with your statement. Your basing your views on 2 different characters (one whose game you already played and know 100% about him and his story and other you haven't played yet and haven't seen how he, his character, and story plays out).

I mean if we based our opinions on a character from each trailer I would assume DMC3 Dante was as quiet as his DMC2 counterpart since very little story details was shown and Dante was never shown talking (so I remember). From what I seen of Nero from first impressions before getting the game is that he looks Dante and has a demonic arm and his voiced by Johnny Yong Bosch and he has a lady friend. DMC4 Dante just based on TGS he appeared to have become a badguy.

Now its still a matter of opinion. Everyone has their own opinion....just because you find DmC Dante unlikeable doesn't mean others do. I mean I've heard DMC fans say that they hate Nero and that he was a Dante wannabe and a waste of time and space.....well I say to them is....

3qp9ga.jpg

Then there are people who don't like the old Dante and will say stuff like "Whats so likeable about a character who has zero depth outside saying cheesy generic lines and looks cool while performing stunts?" What I say to them is......

i-see-your-point-spear-spiderman-YsX3vo.jpg

But still......

3qp9ga.jpg

"F*ck You!" = Answer to everything.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Absolutely. Now go find a mobile home to live in so you can get laid!

Already did I be getting b*tches 24/7. Following the old Dante's guidance I would've been a workaholic who never gets laid, blue balled, and not have time for a social life. Now I don't have any rent, bills, responsibilities, or BLUE BALLS!

Railazel

Already did I be getting b*tches 24/7. Following the old Dante's guidance I would've been a workaholic who never gets laid, blue balled, and not have time for a social life. Now I don't have any rent, bills, responsibilities, or BLUE BALLS!

Good job! And congratulations on your AIDS!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
was he really a workaholic since all he did was sleep in his downtime?

Paexie

In a world that looks completely barren of people (especially in 3) could you blame him? The only time we've seen people in the original games was in the 4th one and even then we didn't get much about how they lived and it raises a butt ton of questions. Though, Dante did care even if he seemed aloof and chill about it (he's a strong dude after all).

This Dante doesn't seem to have deep motivation yet, he seems to be acting out of spite and hate alone, hence Vergil's question in the gamescom trailer.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I highlighted the part where you mistyped "terribly written".

Oh look, a comedian. Don't reply with such a void remark, please, as it's not useful to me or anyone else.

What, you think Dante was a much better character than Nero? Please.

Top Bottom