• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC - What We know so far

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Can we have link?

Here you go. The lady mentions the SSSensational.gif and asks if it's been fixed, which Alex Jones simply replies that it has.

Cam gameplay of EuroGamer demos and onward even shows that playing the game by spamming Rebellion with little variation in attacks or weapons also never gets anyone higher than a C, maybe a low B if they're lucky to catch more than one enemy in the swing.

One of the big things that even the guy who originally recorded the footage that the gif came from mentions is that Tremor (Arbiter's skill used in the gif) hits hard and creates a wave that was striking Poison's larger hitbox multiple times as it passed through her. So while we only saw four swings of Arbiter, there were actually way more hits. There's also the fact that Poison was stunned, and any time enemies are stunned damage is modified, and so is your Style score for exploiting that opening.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Here you go. The lady mentions the SSSensational.gif and asks if it's been fixed, which Alex Jones simply replies that it has.

Cam gameplay of EuroGamer demos and onward even shows that playing the game by spamming Rebellion with little variation in attacks or weapons also never gets anyone higher than a C, maybe a low B if they're lucky to catch more than one enemy in the swing.

One of the big things that even the guy who originally recorded the footage that the gif came from mentions is that Tremor (Arbiter's skill used in the gif) hits hard and creates a wave that was striking Poison's larger hitbox multiple times as it passed through her. So while we only saw four swings of Arbiter, there were actually way more hits. There's also the fact that Poison was stunned, and any time enemies are stunned damage is modified, and so is your Style score for exploiting that opening.
Wow, so there was actually alot more to that GIF than originally thought. Well none the less it's good that it's fixed.

crush

Erm, everybody. I just watched 2ch. One of japans most nonsense forums...and sadly a anti-DmC community.
And heard out the base storyline was leaked. Is this true?
I just saw this and all...and it's...well, weird. And doesn't fit.

sannyclaus

Erm, everybody. I just watched 2ch. One of japans most nonsense forums...and sadly a anti-DmC community.
HO HO HO its most likely fake, a lie told by those who want this game to fail dont let them deceive you :)

crush

HO HO HO its most likely fake, a lie told by those who want this game to fail dont let them deceive you :)

Well it has the potential of a spoil or a lie. I guess both sides of the coin is a fumble. I will keep my lips sealed.

Paexie

Crush, I would seriously like to hear about this story if you don't mind. Just color the letters white so people who don't want to be spoiled can be spared. I'm curious as hell.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
This is somewhat off topic, but here's a new trailer for Playstation All Stars and Dante is in it, so I thought I'd put it here. :)

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
looking back at liliths video we see that her pregnancy follows demon laws. ie she doesnt gain a big belly and gives birth after 9 months. no the hell spawn seems to be trying to literally tear its way through her stomach. when Dante arrives at the club we see it push out in several directions. so im thinking Dante fights her, he wins, shes prisoner. Mundus wants the baby. exchange is made for kat. but it goes wrong. she gives birth to her hell spawn which is a fully grown (im thinking female) demon that fights dante.

Paexie

@Chocolateghost: dude that trailer is really making me want the game now. Nariko vs Dante and Raiden vs Hero!Cole was awesome.

@788Masri: Dude, that's totally what I was thinking!

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
@788Masri: Dude, that's totally what I was thinking!
great minds think alike :D

and i can see mundus totally loosing all interest in lilith after she gives birth in a sad, pitiful and horrifying scene.

crush

Crush, I would seriously like to hear about this story if you don't mind. Just color the letters white so people who don't want to be spoiled can be spared. I'm curious as hell.

All right then. I'll warn you. If you don't want a spoil do not invert the following sentences.
It's also bloody long. I'll do a rough rundown...if you have any concerns, I suggest that you make a conversation with me, but since it's too far-fetched, you might as well not.

Dante fought through his childhood with demons and grown to a certain age.
One day a member of the order shows up on his doorstep and tries to recruit him.(Which is Kat)
At first he ignores her but after being attacked by a "Behemoth" Kat informs that she knows Dantes family and secrets, and he decides to follow her.
At the orders HQ, he sees Vergil and he explains the demons clutches and Vilirity's side-effects.
In order to make a investigation he asks Dante as his brother, to help him out. Also Vergil says their parents are still alive somewhere. Dante agrees with the condition to let him see his parents.
By that time Mundus has impregnated Lilith, in order for the accension of Hell and the preparations for his heir.
(Missions include capturing Lilith and fighting Mundus in the middle of the story)
Finally it was revealed by the analasis that Vilirity's powers originally came from Vergils inventions, nano-machines that made him rich. The reason why Vergil invested to Mundus is that he thought his inventions will make a world without wars or discrimination by making the worlds populations mind closer to each other. (Which Mundus betrayed him, which explains why Vergil is fighting)
They manage to capture Lilith but Dante and Vergil got trapped when they were on a mission together. And got their angel/demon genes extracted. But due to help from the order, they got out of the facility.
Vergil tries to kill off Lilith, but Dante says no to the idea.
He also declares that the sort of"Hive-mind" control isn't just the way, with all of the sacrifices done at first.
Vergil sticks to his ideal, and has a temporary fight with Dante, but since it was true that his plan was used by Mundus in a fiendish way, he tears his ideal away and fights with his brother and manages to seal off mundus.(With Phineas's clues of Mundus weakness)

After the fight Phineas reveals his true face and takes the genes of the Brothers and become Sparda and they fight the last battle.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

A lot of that I already knew, just from everything I've already read and watched :p

You'd have to take what's said there with two grains of salt 1) for being unfounded information on the internet, and 2) for being information heard from an "anit-DmC" crowd. People are exceedingly cynical online these days, and look for fault in everything if it happens to be something they already don't like, just to reinforced their own feelings.

I don't expect the game's story to be some grand masterpiece, but considering every classic Devil May Cry followed "guy wants to open portal to demon world, Dante stops him a little after he does it" shtick, and had a fairly weak narrative, there's really nowhere to go but up.

2ch is also heavily Japanese, isn't it? I would think they're not as interested in a "western-oriented game." :p

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
From what I remember...Vergil got rich from a surveillance/decryption system he made, not mind-controlling nanomachines...

I remain somewhat skeptical :p

crush

From what I remember...Vergil got rich from a surveillance/decryption system he made, not mind-controlling nanomachines...

I remain somewhat skeptical :p

TONS of flaws there. I knew it was just a pile of tosh.
Well...I'm relaxed since I tested my translation skills and my English, and it's...well not bad. Since you guys seem to get it.
(I nearly have a exam! Darn it!)
I'll just sleep it over. Goodnite.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Of course, it could all be true, but...seeing as how I also could have extrapolated the whole of that summary from all that I know about the story makes me think otherwise...

I remain skeptical until I play the game for myself. Even then, there's way more to it than just what is summarized, that's why having some things spoiled for me is okay, because it almost always lacks the finer details; dialogue, actions, and learning other intentions.

Paexie

This is why I got really um skeptic about your news Crush, even though this is from the wikia but I'm going to hide it anyway: You can definitely see parallels.

In Greek mythology, Phineas (spelled "Phineus ") was the ancient king of Thrace and a seer. He was deceived by his second wife, Idaea, into blinding his two sons before he was blinded himself. Accounts of his own blinding vary; some say his blinding was retribution for what he did to his sons, others say it was for giving directions to Phrixus on his journey, and others beleive it was because he sacrificed his sight for long life. The most widely accepted account of his blinding is from Zeus' punishment for having shown mankind the future. -From the wiki

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah. Skepticism isn't a bad thing. It doesn't necessarily mean you don't believe, but that you'd rather just experience it for yourself. No matter what though, this is still a way better narrative than any of the other DMCs.

And yeah, pretty much everything DmC-related has been updated by me on the DMC Wiki :p

Top Bottom