• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC - What We know so far

crush

facepalm_doing_it_wrong.jpg

I just questioned why? and you repeated it dude.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
*cough* well know franchise *cough* many DMC fans = sales guaranteed
If they wanted to "cash in" on a well known franchise why would they use some things that their fans don't like? Such as a new iteration of Dante, a new development team, and a different engine? This isn't a cash-in by any means. In fact I'm glad Ninja Theory are the ones working on this game and not Capcom, I mean have you seen how lazy Capcom have been lately? Bad DLC policies, putting locked content in-game, cutting off the ending of Asura's Wrath, and from what I've heard from a majority they really messed up Resident Evil 6.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
If they wanted to "cash in" on a well known franchise why would they use some things that their fans don't like? Such as a new iteration of Dante, a new development team, and a different engine? This isn't a cash-in by any means. In fact I'm glad Ninja Theory are the ones working on this game and not Capcom, I mean have you seen how lazy Capcom have been lately? Bad DLC policies, putting locked content in-game, cutting off the ending of Asura's Wrath, and from what I've heard from a majority they really messed up Resident Evil 6.

>DMC is a well know franchise but it isn't the mainstream Cash-milking franchise like Resident evil hence they don't care much about the fans they're like 'beggars are not choosers' either buy our game or GTFO

>They didn't go with the TGS trailer they've shown us so that's obvious that they've made many changes

see this vid for ex:-

EDIT: OMG did you look at the ending he did an SSS combo by just repeating attacks !! WTF ?

>They did that because they knew that DMC series was dying it needed more effort and creativity they knew that they had to do something so they did it in a lazy way they rebooted the series&brought in a not so well known developer to make a 'fresh' DMC game

>This is kinda a cash-in because this a reboot yet it is too strayed away from the original rather then titling it 'DmC' they could've easily branched it off as another series or spin-off but it risks in low-sales

IN-fact i have to say that this 'controversy' has actually made this game more popular i mean everyone nowadays knows DMC series for its controversial reboot that's kinda sad..

as you said how bad Asura's wrath did they're pretty confident that the title "Devil may cry" itself will secure their sales

off-topic: yeah Re6 is a pretty messed up game its pacing is God Awful and it has too much going on in its story/gameplay

I just questioned why? and you repeated it dude.

Well there's old saying

'If someone doesn't get it first time say it again'

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
>DMC is a well know franchise but it isn't the mainstream Cash-milking franchise like Resident evil hence they don't care much about the fans they're like 'beggars are not choosers' either buy our game or GTFO

>They didn't go with the TGS trailer they've shown us so that's obvious that they've made many changes

see this vid for ex:-

EDIT: OMG did you look at the ending he did an SSS combo by just repeating attacks !! WTF ?

>They did that because they knew that DMC series was dying it needed more effort and creativity they knew that they had to do something so they did it in a lazy way they rebooted the series&brought in a not so well known developer to make a 'fresh' DMC game

>This is kinda a cash-in because this a reboot yet it is too strayed away from the original rather then titling it 'DmC' they could've easily branched it off as another series or spin-off but it risks in low-sales

IN-fact i have to say that this 'controversy' has actually made this game more popular i mean everyone nowadays knows DMC series for its controversial reboot that's kinda sad..

as you said how bad Asura's wrath did they're pretty confident that the title "Devil may cry" itself will secure their sales

off-topic: yeah Re6 is a pretty messed up game its pacing is God Awful and it has too much going on in its story/gameplay

Well there's old saying

'If someone doesn't get it first time say it again'

tumblr_ma40p5ZNyC1r3a8qd.gif

Since you really don't see how popular this game will be and how much fans it's bringing and how actually good the game actually is, then I really have no more of a reason to be here.

Also what good is that analysis gonna do? I can make the same kind about why the old Dante was a bad character in every DMC, but NOOOOOOOO. Fans will "get offended." I mean think how many people who like the new Dante got offended when they saw that analysis, which doesn't do the character justice since he hasn't even played the whole game to really back that analysis up. He's just got stuff from trailers and reading about Dante in general.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
@Donte: The TGS 2010 trailer wasn't supposed to be accurate, it was just supposed to give us a taste of what was coming. I've asked Tameem about that personally, so yeah. And like I said, from the very beginning Ninja Theory said there would be character development. This guy isn't Kratos he's not going to stay angry the entire game, there's gotta be some type of character growth. You might consider this reboot lazy, but all I'm seeing from it is a creative way to tell Dante's origins. And again I feel that DMC needed this surge of creativity to keep it going.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Is this a sh*tstorm I see? I can't wait to put it in my hall of shame, just a little more of you need to flame.

crush

If someone doesn't get it first time say it again'

What did I just see?
Ah, yes a weapon that could potentially give you infinite ranks by spamming a single move or any move. That easily killed off one of the lousiest enemy of the franchise.
Well... Possibly NT screwed Tremor's stylish rank points because.
1. The boss is in a sort of stun sequence.
2. Because Tremor multi-hits.
These kind of things are quite popular in previous DMC's. Infinite ranks or framed enemies.
But the point is that Tremor is damn slow and you can't spam it on weaker enemies since they get launched up.
To be honest I think it was good because that glich like move was found in the demo, they could just repair it.

And yes, brand titles do not equals to high sales.
Have you ever heard of Pokemon conquest? that certainly didn't sale well even if it had the name of a well saled game.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
And yes, brand titles do not equals to high sales.
ooh clever one !

but this is a Weapon glitch of sorts and you still need to follow&keep blasting spamming Lucifer to continue the SSS meter

in DmC... he just does the same hammer move staying idle and easily gets SSSensational maybe this is the lowest difficulty but still

And i didn't say that it'll give them 'high sales' but it'll 'ensure' and 'secure' some

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
ooh clever one !

but this is a Weapon glitch of sorts and you still need to follow&keep blasting spamming Lucifer to continue the SSS meter

in DmC... he just does the same hammer move staying idle and easily gets SSSensational maybe this is the lowest difficulty but still

And i didn't say that it'll give them 'high sales' but it'll 'ensure' and 'secure' some
As I mentioned the styling system has been fixed since then.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
ooh clever one !

They're the same thing.

Devil Player

The road so far ( yes, I love watching Supernatural):

Then...Flashbacks showing DmC reveals and lots of people liking new stuff.

Now...

1) Gametrailers preview ( Trick tutorial mode):

2) New mission ( Home Truths) gameplay:

3) New mission ( Bloodlines) gameplay:

4) Unlockable costumes in game: http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1660472/devil_may_cry_first_dmc_dlc_details.html

5) Concept art: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-fight-club-and-james-dean-made-the-new-dante

6) All difficulty setting revealed: http://www.gamesradar.com/dmc-devil-may-cry-four-extreme-difficulty-settings-confirmed-unlockable/

7) Character descriptions: http://www.capcom.co.jp/dmc/#charactor/mundus ( it also includes Lilith and the new character Phineas, you can also check new images).

8) Another new preview ( 6 ways to improve the series): http://www.gamesradar.com/dmc-devil-may-cry-hands-on-6-ways-it-improves-original-series/

9) Nowgamer preview ( 5 hours with DmC): http://www.nowgamer.com/ps3/ps3-previews/1660378/dmc_five_hours_with_devil_may_cry.html

10) Another preview ( 2 hours with DmC): http://www.computerandvideogames.co...-leave-a-strong-impression/?page=1#top_banner

NEW 11) Combo gameplay: http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/p6i6zs/dmc--devil-may-cry-combos-gameplay

NEW 12) Description about Mundus disguise: Returning arch-baddie Mundus does just that under the guise of 'Kyle Rider', a man presented by the media - which he controls - as a saviour and philanthropist. In reality he's tightening his demon death grip on the world through propaganda, debt and a tasty but totally spiked soft drink that keeps the populous oblivious to his machinations.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
new character phineas
-looks like a skinny pigsy.
-Sparda's old friend who helps Dante out.
-probably demon.

Top Bottom