• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC - What We know so far

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
That the player would have no control over? It would be funny to stand still and watch it try to attack Dante to get him moving again. That could be a reference to Dracula.

moves that you can use. like in DMC3 the doppleganger style. like a move where your shadow holds the enemy still so dante can beat them up. but i like your idea of it being independent :D. just dances and poses like original dante every now and again.

EllDawn

moves that you can use. like in DMC3 the doppleganger style. like a move where your shadow holds the enemy still so dante can beat them up. but i like your idea of it being independent :D. just dances and poses like original dante every now and again.

I remember that in DMC3. I didn't really like that it was just having Dante doubled without it really having anything special.

lol. Seeing it dance and pose would be fun. Even better if it would do its own attacks like I've seen in some games where you had a comrade that you didn't control. It wouldn't have to be powerful, just enough to confuse your enemy.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well I'm talking about in the gameplay, it looks wider than it used to. I like it.

Yeah. I've noticed that too. Like when he does the rebellion combo 2 when he spins, and he does that last swing, the sword actually stretches a bit longer for that last hit.

Am I the only one that thinks they buffed up Rebellion? It looks bigger to me.
The reason it looks bigger is because the sword is pushed up more. Normally it's lower on his back.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Just found something on the Japanese Limited Edition page.
It appears you get some type of downloadable content with the Limited Edition as well, it looks like the weapon skins but I can't tell.
Here's the pic:
It would be great if someone could translate it.

DmCDL.jpg

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I wish this game wasn't titled as 'devil may cry'

let's be honest: when you replace title and protagonist, absolutely nobody would associate it with DMC

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I wish this game wasn't titled as 'devil may cry'

let's be honest: when you replace title and protagonist, absolutely nobody would associate it with DMC
Well technically it still has the same title, and the same protagonist just a different version of him.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Well technically it still has the same title, and the same protagonist just a different version of him.

Yes that's what i said why does it still have the same title ?

and same name for a different protagonist ?

And i don't find him remotely any close to Dante

whether in paper or in the actual video game

Paexie

Yes that's what i said why does it still have the same title ?

and same name for a different protagonist ?

And i don't find him remotely any close to Dante

whether in paper or in the actual video game
People are savvy enough to connect the dots and say that it's a DMC ripoff if it where named something else. It has way too many connections to the core of the series.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
People are savvy enough to connect the dots and say that it's a DMC ripoff if it where named something else. It has way too many connections to the core of the series.

nah.. now its just too much of its own game right now.. and relating this to DMC series seems like a lame attempt to draw attention

its just like system shock has nothing to do with bioshock

same with DMC it has nothing to do with DmC

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
nah.. now its just too much of its own game right now.. and relating this to DMC series seems like a lame attempt to draw attention

its just like system shock has nothing to do with bioshock

It's a reboot that discusses a different origin story of the same character that we all know and love. It doesn't have to be exactly like the other DMCs.

Paexie

Then it's like saying Prince of Persia has nothing to do with Prince of Persia (2008). Very different games but the core is there and it be odd if no one saw any similarities.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Then it's like saying Prince of Persia has nothing to do with Prince of Persia (2008). Very different games but the core is there and it be odd if no one saw any similarities.

story wise = nothing
style/settings = actually it felt somewhat like POP sands of time
Characters = nope...
series wise = nothing
Gameplay wise = yes

reminds me that POP2008 was a failure as well as many other *cough* reboots
It's a reboot that discusses a different origin story of the same character that we all know and love. It doesn't have to be exactly like the other DMCs.
ah .. here we go again why do we have to attach these strings ?

i'm trying to view him as a new character because quite frankly that's what he is
In-fact the truth is that NT made his personality more like DMC 3/4's dante because of the backlash sadly though i hate DMC3/4 personality but seems like many ppl are quite fond of it

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
story wise = nothing
style/settings = actually it felt somewhat like POP sands of time
Characters = nope...
series wise = nothing
Gameplay wise = yes

reminds me that POP2008 was a failure as well as many other *cough* reboots

ah .. here we go again why do we have to attach these strings ?

i'm trying to view him as a new character because quite frankly that's what he is
In-fact the truth is that NT made his personality more like DMC 3/4's dante because of the backlash sadly though i hate DMC3/4 personality but seems like many ppl are quite fond of it
Well I mean you have to accept that it's a reboot. I'm not "attaching strings" I'm just stating what it is.
And there's no way of you knowing that they made Dante more like DMC3/4's Dante because of the backlash. In fact, I highly doubt they did that because from the very beginning Ninja Theory said this Dante would be reminiscent of the old Dante. So yeah, I believe it was in their viewpoint all along people just didn't want to wait to see that reminiscence.

crush

This was called Devil May Cry 4 with him ^ as the protaganist

I still remember Nero's first show-off.
His hand was damn GOLDEN and didn't have exceed or buster. Also the threads at that time didn't like him.

Pfft, bollocks...NT didn't made this game as their fancy-fanfic. Capcom ordered them to make it.
And Why in the love of god do they have to strap on DMC as a title if it's a ENTIRELY new game as you say so?
If you can do that then Capcom could have just sued Kamiya for making Bayonetta since it's a title that looks entirely like DMC but without the title.

And If Capcom had the guts to do that, they would put the title megaman on a FPS by now like metroid.

Top Bottom