• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC - What We know so far

Azurel

You'd better. I can't jump-cancel to save my life unless I change the control scheme (I switch "Jump" to L2 and "Melee" to Square). :steve:

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
You'd better. I can't jump-cancel to save my life unless I change the control scheme (I switch "Jump" to L2 and "Melee" to Square). :steve:
I will trust me, just have to get the equipment to record my gameplay.
I'm pretty good at jump canceling, but I'll have to see how it is in DmC once the demo hits.

Azurel

I will trust me, just have to get the equipment to record my gameplay.
I'm pretty good at jump canceling, but I'll have to see how it is in DmC once the demo hits.

You'd be a part of the elite then, I'd wager, if not close. I hear people have to develop a callus on their thumbs just to be able to slide efficiently between "Triangle" and "X". After my thumb got red from trying it, I gave up soon after. That's not counting hitting "Jump" and "Circle" to successfully spam Sword Master.

I myself have can barely do the "see-saw" alternative thumb-motion even once successfully to be able to jump-cancel on the default control scheme.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
You'd be a part of the elite then, I'd wager, if not close. I hear people have to develop a callus on their thumbs just to be able to slide efficiently between "Triangle" and "X".

I myself have can barely do the "see-saw" motion even once successfully to be able to jump-cancel on the default control scheme.
Haha yeah it does put the burn on your fingers, but I try up my game when it comes to Devil May Cry. :)

Azurel

I slightly edited my last message.

Anyway, improving yourself in any game is exceedingly hard... that's why people quit their jobs before joining tournaments--this way, they have time to practice.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
You'd be a part of the elite then, I'd wager, if not close. I hear people have to develop a callus on their thumbs just to be able to slide efficiently between "Triangle" and "X". After my thumb got red from trying it, I gave up soon after. That's not counting hitting "Jump" and "Circle" to successfully spam Sword Master.

I myself have can barely do the "see-saw" alternative thumb-motion even once successfully to be able to jump-cancel on the default control scheme.

Don't worry. JC isn't as hard as it sounds. In DMC3 I do it with Ariel rave and Helm breaker.

Azurel

Don't worry. JC isn't as hard as it sounds. In DMC3 I do it with Ariel rave and Helm breaker.

That... is really impressive. At least it is to my feeble fingers, anyway. Aerial Rave is still really difficult to pull off.

Then again, I haven't practiced in quite some time. Oh well. I might get around to it...

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I feel I should show off this poison fight.

It seems the shadowing and shadows have been touched on.

I just noticed in that opening cutscene Dante's sword is on the wrong side, then in the next one it's back on his other side and lower down.
tumblr_mce9n8grdn1ryfipvo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mce9n8grdn1ryfipvo2_500.jpg

Think that confirms it then...IT'S ALIIIIIIIIVE!

That and there was this widdle glitch with Dante's shadow.
Dante_zps4565e2ae.jpg

It moves long before Dante's at the end of the pipe and there's no lighting behind him that could've triggered it, soooo he and Peterpan have something in common! :lol: Better get a needle and thread and sew that sucker back on his feet.

But you're definitely right Choco, this game is looking really pretty. They've really fixed up the lighting an shadows a lot since they first showed this boss fight. :3 I can't wait to see it all in pretty HD on the tv.

Paexie

I see this person tried the Arbiter combo on it, no easy rank.
Though, I would like to see someone parry her attack and try the Arbiter on it now.

I didn't think Poison could recover from the punch or the jump kick. If the harder difficulties make that recovery faster, it would definitely be more challenging.

EllDawn

I just noticed in that opening cutscene Dante's sword is on the wrong side, then in the next one it's back on his other side and lower down.
tumblr_mce9n8grdn1ryfipvo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mce9n8grdn1ryfipvo2_500.jpg

Think that confirms it then...IT'S ALIIIIIIIIVE!

That and there was this widdle glitch with Dante's shadow.
Dante_zps4565e2ae.jpg

It moves long before Dante's at the end of the pipe and there's no lighting behind him that could've triggered it, soooo he and Peterpan have something in common! :lol: Better get a needle and thread and sew that sucker back on his feet.

But you're definitely right Choco, this game is looking really pretty. They've really fixed up the lighting an shadows a lot since they first showed this boss fight. :3 I can't wait to see it all in pretty HD on the tv.

They did say that the city itself was alive. That could be true for his sword and shadow. lol. I just wouldn't want to be playing the game and suddenly have Dante's shadow distract me because it can't sit still.

This game really just keeps looking better. I wish January would just come faster. The wait is becoming torture.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
They did say that the city itself was alive. That could be true for his sword and shadow. lol. I just wouldn't want to be playing the game and suddenly have Dante's shadow distract me because it can't sit still.

This game really just keeps looking better. I wish January would just come faster. The wait is becoming torture.

living shadow??? can you say doppelganger??

Top Bottom