• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

Meg

^ Like I just said. I didn't get the sense that he was younger. I'd like to see the photo proof since I'm probably missing something.

moseslmpg

DINOR0000.jpg

VS.
DINOT0001.jpg

DINOW0001.jpg

Note how skinny and prepubescent he is. That doesn't look like starvation.

DINOY0001.jpg

VS.
DINOAC0000.jpg

Notice how much smaller his head is and the extra fat on it, making it look chubbier. You'll note that young Dino has two bangs on either side of his head, while older Dino only has one on the left side. The part where they flash the white hair in the beginning is just a superimposition of young Dino's hair onto old Dino's head. (Just look how cute he looks above trying to be all mean and stuff. It makes me just want to chain him to a wall, give him a designation number, and surveil him continuously. :p)

DINOZ0001.jpg

VS.
DINOAA0001.jpg

Old Dino's nose is obviously bigger. He has a larger head, more proportionally sized ears, less chubbier cheeks, more pronounced brow ridge, and more proportional eyes. And a bigger mouth as well.

Vampi

Why do i have a feeling this game is going to have Dino be a tagger and going against the government or institution that chained him up like this...

I hope it isn't anything generic as that. I hope there are other characters that are deep and have meaning...at least.

icmasticc

You just might be in luck Vampi. Ninja Theory is known for having deep character development and good, fluid storylines. Though some people don't like HS, the generic plotline was fluid, the voice-acting was solid, and the character development was deep enough for the storyline it was following. The DmC trailer at least gives hope to good character development.

Vampi

icmasticc;277603 said:
You just might be in luck Vampi. Ninja Theory is known for having deep character development and good, fluid storylines. Though some people don't like HS, the generic plotline was fluid, the voice-acting was solid, and the character development was deep enough for the storyline it was following. The DmC trailer at least gives hope to good character development.

I guess...But if the end goal is sumthing so stupid and unnecessary that's too out of touch with the essence of DMC, then it was a wasted effort.

The trailer made "Dante" look so un-Dante like. The game convey nothing of what made DMC so unique. It was just so alien.

Anyway, i really do hope the story is freakin epic and fantastic and keeps in touch with the DMC mythos. Because from what i see, it doesn't do any of that. Its like there making DMC look like a documentary then a fantastical world. And DmC being serious all the time isn't what the true DMC is about.

VirgilTheart

moseslmpg;277531 said:
DINOR0000.jpg

VS.
DINOT0001.jpg

DINOW0001.jpg

Note how skinny and prepubescent he is. That doesn't look like starvation.

DINOY0001.jpg

VS.
DINOAC0000.jpg

Notice how much smaller his head is and the extra fat on it, making it look chubbier. You'll note that young Dino has two bangs on either side of his head, while older Dino only has one on the left side. The part where they flash the white hair in the beginning is just a superimposition of young Dino's hair onto old Dino's head. (Just look how cute he looks above trying to be all mean and stuff. It makes me just want to chain him to a wall, give him a designation number, and surveil him continuously. :p)

DINOZ0001.jpg

VS.
DINOAA0001.jpg

Old Dino's nose is obviously bigger. He has a larger head, more proportionally sized ears, less chubbier cheeks, more pronounced brow ridge, and more proportional eyes. And a bigger mouth as well.

Well done, Moses! 8D I was beginning to wonder if there was an age difference, but I guess you've just proven that yourself (and it seems you've been guessing it for a while now, so I'm just really slow. xD)

Also, I think I noticed something else; Kid!Dino seems to have less white hair than Older!Dino. Anyone else see it, or am I just imagining it?

I'm starting to think DmC's plot will be something along the lines of Jak II meets DMC3. 8D

VirgilTheart

Vampi;277641 said:
Its the same amount of white. Its just that Young Dino's head is smaller.

*looks at pics again*

No, the spot's smaller for Kid!Dino. You wouldn't be able to see the white spot from a front view of Kid!Dino, where as it CAN be seen in the front for Older!Dino. It also looks bit wider...

DINOY0001.jpg

DINOAC0000.jpg

The streak goes farther up towards the front for Older!Dino, it seems.

DINOZ0001.jpg

DINOAA0001.jpg

Asmodaius

So there can actually be something to it about Dante's hair slowly turning more and more white, and in the end he might have all white hair like the past Dante. Naughty Ninja Theory playing tricks on us. ;P

darkslayer101

VirgilTheart;277650 said:
*looks at pics again*

No, the spot's smaller for Kid!Dino. You wouldn't be able to see the white spot from a front view of Kid!Dino, where as it CAN be seen in the front for Older!Dino. It also looks bit wider...

DINOY0001.jpg

DINOAC0000.jpg

The streak goes farther up towards the front for Older!Dino, it seems.

DINOZ0001.jpg

DINOAA0001.jpg

young dino has more hair then old dino...did dino get a haircut while running away from authorities (or something)

moseslmpg

I had just assumed it was because his head is smaller and his hair was messier, but I guess it does look like the white has increased. But it has to increase more rapidly at some point, because by the time his whole head is white at that rate, he'll be appropriately old and gray anyway :p

VirgilTheart

moseslmpg;277699 said:
I had just assumed it was because his head is smaller and his hair was messier, but I guess it does look like the white has increased. But it has to increase more rapidly at some point, because by the time his whole head is white at that rate, he'll be appropriately old and gray anyway :p

:lol: True that.

Perhaps that's what the government did to Dante! Injections of "Insta-AGE"! ;)

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Sorry for the double post but something crossed my mind.

You know, if we weren't aware of this backwater government in the trailer...I almost would've thought that those two towers that look like Angel Wings in the background could've been considered "the" new Temen-ni-gru.

Hahaha, I know it doesn't work but in all seriousness, it would be kinda cool to see if that were the case...

EDIT: Thanks Meg, my brain just seemed to have forgotten that o_O

Meg

^ A handy way to prevent double posts is to use the Edit options at the bottom right of your post. ^_^

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
At least they're addressing that there IS a government or a higher order that is included in the "what appears to be human world." You didn't get much of that for any DMC game.

The city also looks populated, maybe...

Demons attack, Dante find his powers when trying to protect someone/something/himself.
Government see this as potential, as the city is getting raped.
Take him in, and put him on heavy drugs.
From there, explore... :)

Top Bottom