• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Doesn't he have a piano repair shop?
MSN.jpg

....Demon Killeeeeeer! :steve: You sneak of a ninja

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It is a fact. He takes care of himself, doesn't OWE anyone money from BORROWING money to keep the lights on.

How do you know that? We hardly know much about Dante's private life in this game.

DmC Dante is more of a man even though he's younger than DMC Dante.

Nooo...Old Dante was more of a man than this Dante. And this is a supporter of the game who's telling you; DmC Dante is still an immature kid who likes to f*ck with his enemies and kill them brutally.

Fact.

No.

Your opinion on Nariko does not state that she isn't better sexually than Bayonetta. You see, she looks sexy even on her worst day. Bayonetta is trying so hard to get one day to be sexy. So she strips down to nothing and hope that a demon will notice...alas NOBODY GAVE A ****!

images

Agility, Stahp.

Devil Player

I already put my theory about the plot for DmC, but I'm putting it again for people who didn't read it...

It's a long post, so I'm sorry if it's boring, guys.

Here is it anyway:

After watching the TGS trailer, the plot is gonna be like that:

Mundus minions kidnap Kat.

Dante and Vergil have a plan to attack them, with Dante taking Kat back.

Dante manages to survive the night club mission. He fights against Lilith, proving to be stronger than her. Dante won't kill her because he knows how important he is to Mundus.

Then we have hostage situation. Vergil is covering Dante's back.

Mundus shows Kat. Dante shows Lilith.

Vergil shoots and kills Lilith.

Mundus gets mad and really angry ( which explains his line "you don't **** with a God" from the trailer).

Dante kills Mundus minions.

Vergil gets away with Kat, leaving Dante to deal with Mundus.

Mundus turns into his real form. I bet it's the monster that appears during the ending of Vergil reveal trailer ( first time we saw Vergil confirmed in the game).

A huge battle happens.

Dante is being owned, until some kind of powerful force appears, giving him more energy and skills. It's Sparda's last form of life. He joins forces with Dante, making him able to face Mundus personally. So, I like to think that Dante is somehow used by Sparda, to take a revenge on Mundus.

After Mundus defeat, Dante has the last dialogue with Sparda, before he disappears ( we don't know if Sparda in fact died or not).

Vergil appears and reveals he locked up Kat somewhere and if Dante wants her back, they'll have to fight. They both fight, with Dante gaining the upper hand. Vergil reveals he was Mundus protege, as he promised him power and world control. He couldn't refuse the offer. However, when Mundus said he had to kill Dante, he wasn't so sure about what he really wanted. That's why he created the Order, to keep himself hidden and free of being spotted by demons. That's why he was looking for Dante.

He leaves the place, telling Dante where to find Kat.

Dante and Kat finally meet and declare themselves. Kat states how Dante is a hero and how important he becomes to her.

They discuss about what they're going to do next. Dante talks about business and how is important hunting demons. He cries after what happened throughout his life. Kat explains that devils never cry. They open a shop called Devil May Cry.

Meanwhile, Vergil returns to the place where Lilith was killed. He finds her corpse and something starts glowing, something like a light coming from her. Vergil slowly gets close to it and he says how it could be useful to him. That means Vergil saw Lilith's child and took him or her under his wing, implying a sequel.

Sorry for the long post. XD

Paexie

@Devil Player: That's pretty solid! I'd like to add that something could be happening to their world and limbo, as if they are merging together. Those people suffering and the end of the TGS trailer were the world seems to be actively changing not through limbo anymore. Something like killing Lilith would trigger that change so Mundus is physically messing with the human plane. It might also make Dante's trigger permanent and maybe that would unlock an even more powerful version of it (a real devil from) and therefore be strong enough to at least seal him away. He might come back even more ****ed off and maybe as another side effect humans can now see the truth behind their lives (being able to see the angels/demons).

Or maybe not considering the fact that his hair has been changing since the Bob Barbas fight.

SPECULATIONS

Devil Player

Thanks, Paexie! I think it's a pretty reasonable idea about what's gonna happen in the game.

Also, good call about the Limbo and real world merging together. I remember seeing people flying away in one of the trailers, probably showing that something wrong is happening, lol. Excellent theory about Dante's trigger, I didn't think about that, to be honest.

As for the white hair appearing throughout the game, I think it's a nod to the original Dante. Maybe it could have some importance regarding the story, but let's see...XD

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
@Devil Player: That's pretty solid! I'd like to add that something could be happening to their world and limbo, as if they are merging together. Those people suffering and the end of the TGS trailer were the world seems to be actively changing not through limbo anymore. Something like killing Lilith would trigger that change so Mundus is physically messing with the human plane. It might also make Dante's trigger permanent and maybe that would unlock an even more powerful version of it (a real devil from) and therefore be strong enough to at least seal him away. He might come back even more ****ed off and maybe as another side effect humans can now see the truth behind their lives (being able to see the angels/demons).

Or maybe not considering the fact that his hair has been changing since the Bob Barbas fight.

SPECULATIONS

I think that's plausible too. There has to be a reason his hair is changing color. If was because the world itself is changing causing it affect Dante I wouldn't be surprised. It's weird though, the start of the Bob Barba level his hair is still dark, so something must've happened during that level to make those few locks change. I hope it gets addressed in a scene, like a character notices it XP

Mundus shows Kat. Dante shows Lilith.

Just point out, I don't think Mundus is there at the hostage scene. But if Lilith was killed by Vergil (because even I think he'll do that too) it's very likely that would tick him off.

Also I think it was Dante went to Lilith to find Kat, after a boss battle with her discovers Kat's not there and just decides to use Lilith as a bargaining chip instead.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Here is my theory and all revolves around this one picture.

Untitled555_zps93f62755.jpg

I think this drawing could be a symbolic foreshadowing of a Dante VS Demon Dante (of some sorts).

First lets examine the image.

1) It shows 2 guys who look exactly like Dante (this one) and Dante in his demon form (DT) so its highly about Dante.

2) The 2 guys appears to be fused together or is fusing together to become 1 being (hinting at Dante fully mastering or completing his demon blood).

3) The biggest of them all, it shows 2 guys who look the same and appears to be using the same weapon on each side fighting each other.....like an inner war.

My theory is that for Dante to fully master his demon powers he was must defeat his demon side like literally face his own demons. So it works like this. Remember the beginning of the new tgs trailer that it showed Dante going DT in what appears to be some white space almost as if he was in some surreal dimension (his inner realm) that I think comes out when he enters DT (reason why when DT activates the area becomes gray and it looks like a new dimension) so Dante enters this dimension you can say to face defeat his demon side to overcome either some rage or his demon powers to become a full devil. So I think him going DT in that trailer is a scene of him fully mastering his demon powers after conquering his demon side.

Also the E3 trailer showed him going DT and it looks like he was being possessed.......demon side go figure. Anyway, I think that when Dante goes DT he isn't all that self aware or views it like how we see it. Its sorta like how in NARUTO, at the beginning Naruto would activate his own demon fox powers and didn't know it or didn't notice he just got angry and got a major adrenaline and power boost....that is how he saw it. Same goes for Nero, I doubt he actually knows that there is a hovering spirit behind him he just knows going DT makes him stronger like I think this Dante when he goes DT doesn't know his hair just turned white and his jacket turns red and maybe he isn't really paying attention or isn't fully himself when he goes DT...almost as if demon side has taken somewhat control over him like those instances when Naruto would go fox mode (he'll know of his actions but doesn't know his inner demon is actually mildly possessing him). So when Dante goes DT, his demon side takes over somewhat allowing for Dante to not judge his actions or what just happened he just knows that he has an inner power he can tap into and cause a lot of crazy stuff to happens (this also ties into when Dante goes DT his HUB face changes from regular Dante to a twisted evil demonic Dante face....almost like a split personality). I think Dante could've always be able to go DT or at least before the game's story starts. Yeah I think you have DT on the spot (like DMC2) or at least at the near beginning (like DMC1).

How does this apply to Vergil he either A) went through this process or B) didn't have to since he appears to have white at a very young so he must've inherited more of his father's genes allowing him to be born with white or inherit it earlier making him genetically more superior to Dante...like those stories of one twin being better than the other twin through genetic dominance.

I'm hoping this is true so it can lead to a Demon Dante boss fight just so it can add more boss fights to the game (I see only 3 boss fights and 7 possible bosses).

However, if that is not the case then the picture could hint at a battle between Dante & Vergil.

So everyone is going to ignore my awesome and plausible theory?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Well seeing as Angelo Credo has sorted the Demon Killer Dante issue out, we can get back on topic.

May I suggest a good starting point would be re-reading through Stylish Nero's theory post and go from there?

Top Bottom