• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

chocolatepanda

I just thought of something. If Mundus knows nothing of Vergil's existence, Why would demons ransack his childhood home and kill his adopted family? Something's not on the up with his story...

I thought his mother was killed and father enslaved, just because that happened doesnt mean they were after Virgil specifically just being demons and bein cruel to humans.

Tiran

The great pretender.
I thought his mother was killed and father enslaved, just because that happened doesnt mean they were after Virgil specifically just being demons and bein cruel to humans.
6 billion people on the planet. Hell of a coincidence that it happened to be Vergil's (a son of Sparda) home.

chocolatepanda

6 billion people on the planet. Hell of a coincidence that it happened to be Vergil's (a son of Sparda) home.
Its happening everywhere isnt it? They have clubs, drinks and more to enslave and kill people with so its not like his family was picked out specifically. So this sort of thing is probably pretty common is the world of DmC most humans just dont know about it.

Tiran

The great pretender.
Its happening everywhere isnt it? They have clubs, drinks and more to enslave and kill people with so its not like his family was picked out specifically. So this sort of thing is probably pretty common is the world of DmC most humans just dont know about it.
It's not just any subtle demonic act. These people were openly and forcibly separated. This type of direct violence could not be that common even in this world. Not without people thinking "Man, what's up with all these government home invasions."

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
It's not just any subtle demonic act. These people were openly and forcibly separated. This type of direct violence could not be that common even in this world. Not without people thinking "Man, what's up with all these government home invasions."
I doubt it is publicly known that the government was responsible for what happened to Vergil's family. They are hiding their species from the public constantly. That takes a lot more effort than covering up a few murders.

chocolatepanda

darkslayer13 said what i was thinking. The demons have a high degree of control so any demonic action taken could be easily covered up. Also it doesnt say his mother being killed and father enslaved happened at the exact same time. His father could have been depressed after losing his wife and then enslaved because of it.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Also, the platinum hair and looks would not go unnoticed at business meetings...

Um just a note, if you watch that Vergil trailer again you can as Vergil steps out from the shadows that his hair is actually blonde, in the remaining scenes it's silver. I think it could be DmC's equivalent of a Super Saiyan (Dragon Ball Z) but it being more to do with the Demon Trigger and unlocking that power. Vergil's hair being white for long periods of time without showing any strain might be because he's mastered control of it, where as Dante -from a gameplay perspective- can only do it for a few seconds, hence Vergil could be a lot stronger than Dante. But that could be why platinum didn't make Vergil stick out like a sore thumb, neither one was born with it, it's the effects of the Demon Trigger.

So really, I think Vergil's legally blonde! :lol:

Nelo The Great

I had a Dream where sparda, vergil, and Dmc vergil all traveled to the underworld to defeat mundus, but dmc vergil was alot younger and was wearing an outfit simmilar to to vergil's, and then i thought, what if dmc dante and dmc vergil are Dante and Vergil's half brothers?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I had a Dream where sparda, vergil, and Dmc vergil all traveled to the underworld to defeat mundus, but dmc vergil was alot younger and was wearing an outfit simmilar to to vergil's, and then i thought, what if dmc dante and dmc vergil are Dante and Vergil's half brothers?
So you're asking what if Sparda had twin sons with two different women named Eva (one angel and one human) and gave each pair the same two names?

1.It would be hard to tell what the long term implications of that would be beyond the fact that it would put DmC and DMC in the same universe but the immediate implications would be that Sparda is really bad at thinking up names and is apparently overly fond of women named Eva.

2. Describing a charicter as dmc (all lowercase) (charicter name) doesn't really make it clear which universe you are talking about. If you need to decribe both versions of a charicter you should use DMC (all caps) (charicter name) for the original universe and DmC (capital D lowercase m capital C) (charicter name) for the reboot or use terms not related to the name of the series ( eg. old/classic/original (charicter name) for DMC. New/reboot (charicter name) for DmC). That will make it easier to tell which one you are talking about.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
I don't know, I'm not buying that "Order of the Sword" group...Seems to be a plot device to hide Vergil's true intentions...

They have to explain a ton of things in the game...

1) What does Mundus want with Dante? If he wants to kill him, then why not killing him while he was a child? Or even better, does Mundus really want to get Dante?

2) Did Sparda die or not? Who killed him? Who killed Dante's mother?

3) Who did teach Dante to hunt demons? Don't say he suddenly learned how to deal with them.

4) The Lilith's child, what's the point?

5) Why Mundus and Lilith took human forms?

My final theory: The Order of Sword group is ruled by demons, being their way to take human forms. Vergil agreed with Mundus to help him, if he doesn't hurt Dante. Somehow, Vergil wants Dante fighting by his side. At the same time, Vergil is using Dante to destroy all the demons, so Vergil can control the power by himself and alone. Kat is revealed to be a spy sent by Sparda, to protect Dante. They'll show how Kat was present during Dante's childhood, by preventing demons to find him, thanks to some kind of magic trick made by Sparda...As for Vergil, he may turn his back on Dante, seeing how Dante won't accept working by his side, thus leading to their fights in a possible sequel. As for Lilith's child, that's a tough one, BUT I vote for twins. That's right, Lilith is expecting twins, but they'll be evil versions of Dante and Vergil. Mundus and Lilith are trying to mimic Sparda's family. I still don't see the point of Lilith's pregnancy, though.

Well, it's just some food for thought, guys. Sorry for the long post...XD

Well this is my theory: The demons had already taken over the human world(unlike the previous games) and Mundus being the king also wanted to take over the Angel realm. However, he knew that ordinary demons weren't strong enough , so he sent his general Sparda to capture a relatively powerful angel and impregnte her to create a strong hybrid. Reluctantly he captured EVA but being a demon of high morals and pride could not bring himself to carry out rape. Instead he gave her shelter (the angel community might have regarded her as tainted and would not accept her into their society) and eventually they fell in love. However mundus was enraged so Sparda fled with his family. But they knew that Mundus will eventually find them so he and Eva abandoned their children at an orphanage to keep them safe, While they ventured into Mundus's fortress to bring about an end to his tyranny so that Dante and vergil could live a normal life . However they failed. Years later mundus plans to create another hybrid but this time he does the impregnation himself. Lilith might be a fallen angel and their son might turn out to be the reboot version of nero.

Vergil might be looking to complete his mssion of taking over the angels but he wants to do so as the king so he affiliated himself with the order to kill Mundus and become the leader. Eventually going to war with the angels.

Trying to answer ur questions:

1)Maybe he didnt find him, or he was hoping he could use him

2) Same question here, I think Sparda is still alive but dormant

3) He must have had some mentor who presumably was killed by demons

4)Ive mentioned it in my theory

5)To disguise themselves (humans dont really know about demons)

Hope u like my theory:D

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
my theory is a little bit of a stretch but bear with me

we have 3 realms the demon realm (limbo) human realm and the angel realm. the demon and angel realms have been at war constantly for many millennial. they often used the human realm as a battle ground laying waste to it. the demon general sparda and the angel general eva both united in a common goal of ending the war forever. so they sealed away the human realm from all outside influences. however the demon realm limbo is a living thing as it is a personification of chaos. as such demons were slowly able to break their way back into the human realm. however they still fear that the angels will find a way to break through the seal also and the war will happen all over again. so they stay in the human realm and use it as a mass breeding ground to cultivate powerful demons and form an even more powerful army by spreading corruption. so they could kill the angels instead.

cut to present time, demons have asserted their authority and sparda and eva have had twin sons. now i think sparda left to find a way to reclaim the powers they lost so they could better defend themselves as the demons have broken their seal. eva however is tracked down and killed. Vergil's mind was easily altered so they sent him to live with a rich gamily who were under demonic influence (tho they didnt suspect he was secretly harboring hatred for all demon kind) dante on the otherhand remained defiant to all forms of manipulation. so they sent him to orphanages controlled by demons to hurt him, when he escaped they would catch him again and punish him more. until dante became strong enough that they could no longer catch him.

and thats where DmC starts

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium

we have 3 realms the demon realm (limbo) human realm and the angel realm. the demon and angel realms have been at war constantly for many millennial. they often used the human realm as a battle ground laying waste to it. the demon general sparda and the angel general eva both united in a common goal of ending the war forever. so they sealed away the human realm from all outside influences. however the demon realm limbo is a living thing as it is a personification of chaos. as such demons were slowly able to break their way back into the human realm. however they still fear that the angels will find a way to break through the seal also and the war will happen all over again. so they stay in the human realm and use it as a mass breeding ground to cultivate powerful demons and form an even more powerful army by spreading corruption. so they could kill the angels instead.

cut to present time, demons have asserted their authority and sparda and eva have had twin sons. now i think sparda left to find a way to reclaim the powers they lost so they could better defend themselves as the demons have broken their seal. eva however is tracked down and killed. Vergil's mind was easily altered so they sent him to live with a rich gamily who were under demonic influence (tho they didnt suspect he was secretly harboring hatred for all demon kind) dante on the otherhand remained defiant to all forms of manipulation. so they sent him to orphanages controlled by demons to hurt him, when he escaped they would catch him again and punish him more. until dante became strong enough that they could no longer catch him.

I really like this theory!
Well thought out 788Masri. :)

Devil Player

Well this is my theory: The demons had already taken over the human world(unlike the previous games) and Mundus being the king also wanted to take over the Angel realm. However, he knew that ordinary demons weren't strong enough , so he sent his general Sparda to capture a relatively powerful angel and impregnte her to create a strong hybrid. Reluctantly he captured EVA but being a demon of high morals and pride could not bring himself to carry out rape. Instead he gave her shelter (the angel community might have regarded her as tainted and would not accept her into their society) and eventually they fell in love. However mundus was enraged so Sparda fled with his family. But they knew that Mundus will eventually find them so he and Eva abandoned their children at an orphanage to keep them safe, While they ventured into Mundus's fortress to bring about an end to his tyranny so that Dante and vergil could live a normal life . However they failed. Years later mundus plans to create another hybrid but this time he does the impregnation himself. Lilith might be a fallen angel and their son might turn out to be the reboot version of nero.

Vergil might be looking to complete his mssion of taking over the angels but he wants to do so as the king so he affiliated himself with the order to kill Mundus and become the leader. Eventually going to war with the angels.

Trying to answer ur questions:

1)Maybe he didnt find him, or he was hoping he could use him

2) Same question here, I think Sparda is still alive but dormant

3) He must have had some mentor who presumably was killed by demons

4)Ive mentioned it in my theory

5)To disguise themselves (humans dont really know about demons)

Hope u like my theory:D

I really liked your theories!!! Most of them made sense and could be possibly explained, judging by stuff that we've seen lately.

My only problem is Mundus wanting to have a child. Is it necessary? Can't he rule over the world by himself? He has a whole army of demons to control everything, but he needs to create a hybrid, that's a problem in my view.

As for Nero, it's quite interesting your idea. However, I think it could be Trish instead.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Here is my theory and all revolves around this one picture.

Untitled555_zps93f62755.jpg

I think this drawing could be a symbolic foreshadowing of a Dante VS Demon Dante (of some sorts).

First lets examine the image.

1) It shows 2 guys who look exactly like Dante (this one) and Dante in his demon form (DT) so its highly about Dante.

2) The 2 guys appears to be fused together or is fusing together to become 1 being (hinting at Dante fully mastering or completing his demon blood).

3) The biggest of them all, it shows 2 guys who look the same and appears to be using the same weapon on each side fighting each other.....like an inner war.

My theory is that for Dante to fully master his demon powers he was must defeat his demon side like literally face his own demons. So it works like this. Remember the beginning of the new tgs trailer that it showed Dante going DT in what appears to be some white space almost as if he was in some surreal dimension (his inner realm) that I think comes out when he enters DT (reason why when DT activates the area becomes gray and it looks like a new dimension) so Dante enters this dimension you can say to face defeat his demon side to overcome either some rage or his demon powers to become a full devil. So I think him going DT in that trailer is a scene of him fully mastering his demon powers after conquering his demon side.

Also the E3 trailer showed him going DT and it looks like he was being possessed.......demon side go figure. Anyway, I think that when Dante goes DT he isn't all that self aware or views it like how we see it. Its sorta like how in NARUTO, at the beginning Naruto would activate his own demon fox powers and didn't know it or didn't notice he just got angry and got a major adrenaline and power boost....that is how he saw it. Same goes for Nero, I doubt he actually knows that there is a hovering spirit behind him he just knows going DT makes him stronger like I think this Dante when he goes DT doesn't know his hair just turned white and his jacket turns red and maybe he isn't really paying attention or isn't fully himself when he goes DT...almost as if demon side has taken somewhat control over him like those instances when Naruto would go fox mode (he'll know of his actions but doesn't know his inner demon is actually mildly possessing him). So when Dante goes DT, his demon side takes over somewhat allowing for Dante to not judge his actions or what just happened he just knows that he has an inner power he can tap into and cause a lot of crazy stuff to happens (this also ties into when Dante goes DT his HUB face changes from regular Dante to a twisted evil demonic Dante face....almost like a split personality). I think Dante could've always be able to go DT or at least before the game's story starts. Yeah I think you have DT on the spot (like DMC2) or at least at the near beginning (like DMC1).

How does this apply to Vergil he either A) went through this process or B) didn't have to since he appears to have white at a very young so he must've inherited more of his father's genes allowing him to be born with white or inherit it earlier making him genetically more superior to Dante...like those stories of one twin being better than the other twin through genetic dominance.

I'm hoping this is true so it can lead to a Demon Dante boss fight just so it can add more boss fights to the game (I see only 3 boss fights and 7 possible bosses).

However, if that is not the case then the picture could hint at a battle between Dante & Vergil.

Nelo The Great

the first sentence is basically the plot of bayonetta, but with different worlds.

Devil Player

After watching the TGS trailer, I think it's quite obvious that the whole "exchanging hostages" part is basically the ending of the game...

It's something like:

Mundus minions kidnap Kat.

Dante and Vergil have a plan to attack them, with Dante taking Kat back.

Dante manages to survive the night club mission. He fights against Lilith, proving to be stronger than her. Dante won't kill her because he knows how important he is to Mundus.

Then we have hostage situation. Vergil is covering Dante's back.

Mundus shows Kat. Dante shows Lilith.

Vergil shoots and kills Lilith.

Mundus gets mad and really angry ( which explains his line "you don't **** with a God" from the trailer).

Dante kills Mundus minions.

Vergil gets away with Kat, leaving Dante to deal with Mundus.

Mundus turns into his real form. I bet it's the monster that appears during the ending of Vergil reveal trailer ( first time we saw Vergil confirmed in the game).

A huge battle happens.

Dante is being owned, until some kind of powerful force appears, giving him more energy and skills. It's Sparda's last form of life. He joins forces with Dante, making him able to face Mundus personally. So, I like to think that Dante is somehow used by Sparda, to take a revenge on Mundus.

After Mundus defeat, Dante has the last dialogue with Sparda, before he disappears ( we don't know if Sparda in fact died or not).

Vergil appears and reveals he locked up Kat somewhere and if Dante wants her back, they'll have to fight. They both fight, with Dante gaining the upper hand. Vergil reveals he was Mundus protege, as he promised him power and world control. He couldn't refuse the offer. However, when Mundus said he had to kill Dante, he wasn't so sure about what he really wanted. That's why he created the Order, to keep himself hidden and free of being spotted by demons. That's why he was looking for Dante.

He leaves the place, telling Dante where to find Kat.

Dante and Kat finally meet and declare themselves. Kat states how Dante is a hero and how important he becomes to her.

They discuss about what they're going to do next. Dante talks about business and how is important hunting demons. He cries after what happened throughout his life. Kat explains that devils never cry. They open a shop called Devil May Cry.

Meanwhile, Vergil returns to the place where Lilith was killed. He founds her corpse and something glowing, something like a light coming from her. Vergil slowly gets close to it and he says how it could be useful to him. That means Vergil saw Lilith's child and took him or her under his wing, implying a sequel.

Sorry for the long post. XD

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
I really liked your theories!!! Most of them made sense and could be possibly explained, judging by stuff that we've seen lately.

My only problem is Mundus wanting to have a child. Is it necessary? Can't he rule over the world by himself? He has a whole army of demons to control everything, but he needs to create a hybrid, that's a problem in my view.

As for Nero, it's quite interesting your idea. However, I think it could be Trish instead.
Maybe angels and demons have different aura's around them which can be sensed by others to identify them.
Hybrids will have both auras so they could easily slip into other realms(without being sensed as demons) and carry out espionage and destroy their system from within. ( By having both auras I mean : they can switch their auras according to their needs)

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Maybe angels and demons have different aura's around them which can be sensed by others to identify them.
Hybrids will have both auras so they could easily slip into other realms(without being sensed as demons) and carry out espionage and destroy their system from within. ( By having both auras I mean : they can switch their auras according to their needs)

im thinking that demons and angels are two races each with their own powers and strengths. similairly they would also have weaknesses that are common in their respective races. by being a hybrid you get the greatest strengths from each race and none of their weaknesses.

also im thinking that angels and demons cannot weild weapons of the other race e.g. a demon with osiris. but by being a hybrid you gain access to both powers giving you an advantage over the other races.

Top Bottom