• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

ReRave

smug jerk
ok listen here's my theory, you all know how in the trailer for DmC it says " their world is an illusion " or something like that? well maybe, just maybe that means the 'real' dante has been tricked somehow into believing that he is this younger person and it is all an illusion. i may be completely wrong but oh well.
That seems very far fetched. Unlikely even. It doesn't really sound, like NT would make a story based around a blatant illusion like that.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
ok listen here's my theory, you all know how in the trailer for DmC it says " their world is an illusion " or something like that? well maybe, just maybe that means the 'real' dante has been tricked somehow into believing that he is this younger person and it is all an illusion. i may be completely wrong but oh well.

That would be cool but they should have made that clear in the first place.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
This is what i think DmC story is about (rough guess):
A evil force: Mundus and his workers (Malice + other demons). Whether Malice is a demon or just a demonic thing that controlls building is unsure.

A hero: Dante

A resistance: The Order

A containment: Virility drinks which are produced at Virlity factory(ies). A drink that makes humans do bad choices and leads to a slow and painful death, but it also makes humans ignorant. The drink probably makes human's vision see illusions most likely. Example the humans who have drank virlity drink may look at a demon and see a human.

Corrupt humans: Bob the reporter is working for demons. And spreading propaganda lies about Dante and the ressistance group.

Destroy the factory that produces virility drink, go after Mundus. End of story.
Plus some lines like "Big things come in small packages" (Dante describing ressistance groups power) etc
Demons are sealed off to their world and all connections to demon realm is closed off.

Railazel

well the area could be where the bloody palace take place.

He's breaking the chains which are keeping it in place. Once he breaks them all off, I would assume it'll either float away or drop.

I believe that it is an important part of Limbo, possibly a headquarters of some kind?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
He's breaking the chains which are keeping it in place. Once he breaks them all off, I would assume it'll either float away or drop.

I believe that it is an important part of Limbo, possibly a headquarters of some kind?

i just meant the place has importance story-wise but out of the main story mode, its used as the setting of the bloody palace.

S.F.W

King of Hearts
Which a
This is what i think DmC story is about (rough guess):
A evil force: Mundus and his workers (Malice + other demons). Whether Malice is a demon or just a demonic thing that controlls building is unsure.

A hero: Dante

A resistance: The Order

A containment: Virility drinks which are produced at Virlity factory(ies). A drink that makes humans do bad choices and leads to a slow and painful death, but it also makes humans ignorant. The drink probably makes human's vision see illusions most likely. Example the humans who have drank virlity drink may look at a demon and see a human.

Corrupt humans: Bob the reporter is working for demons. And spreading propaganda lies about Dante and the ressistance group.

Destroy the factory that produces virility drink, go after Mundus. End of story.
Plus some lines like "Big things come in small packages" (Dante describing ressistance groups power) etc
Demons are sealed off to their world and all connections to demon realm is closed off.

Which brings me to ask: do the humans who are corrupt even know that they are working for actual demons? I mean, Bob said he was just doing "Gods work", but does he even know who god really is or what his aim is.

McdD

Which a

Which brings me to ask: do the humans who are corrupt even know that they are working for actual demons? I mean, Bob said he was just doing "Gods work", but does he even know who god really is or what his aim is.
I am sure they are. In "They Live" movie ( watch it, its nice) there were humans working with the aliens. DmC has similar story to that movie.
Pretty sure he isn't under a spell. Money and power makes people do alot. Even murder others.

S.F.W

King of Hearts
I am sure they are. In "They Live" movie ( watch it, its nice) there were humans working with the aliens. DmC has similar story to that movie.
Pretty sure he isn't under a spell. Money and power makes people do alot. Even murder others.

So, say Mundus (if he is in there, idk) used malice to influence peoples decisions as well, besides using demons and money. I mean, why stick with just buildings? It would be interesting to think that virality was a some sort of agent in some grand plan for Mundus to actually be able to use people as demonic hosts/ turn them into demons or whatever. Once they've druken enough, he would be able to effectively turn them into demonic hosts; basically bringing a piece of Limbo into the other side of Limbo.

McdD

So, say Mundus (if he is in there, idk) used malice to influence peoples decisions as well, besides using demons and money. I mean, why stick with just buildings? It would be interesting to think that virality was a some sort of agent in some grand plan for Mundus to actually be able to use people as demonic hosts/ turn them into demons or whatever. Once they've druken enough, he would be able to effectively turn them into demonic hosts; basically bringing a piece of Limbo into the other side of Limbo.
I think Limbo or Malice if its a demon or just whatever cant controll people. I think building is as far it reach can go. However, i think your theory that virlity drink makes people turn into demons is very good.
But i am a bit unsure because the fat man who drank it and Dante hit the can out of his hand seemed fat and weak. So where is the demonic transformation.

Dante4DaWin

when dante smacked the can out of his hand he said " it'll kill ya y'know " so maybe dante knows something about this plan?

McdD

when dante smacked the can out of his hand he said " it'll kill ya y'know " so maybe dante knows something about this plan?
Of course he knows. That's why Kat told him to be discree and not cause trouble.

But question is - what does the drink do?
Option A: kills a human slowly by making them fat and weak
Option B: kills a human then the humans are turned into demons ? (how? the human is already dead)

But Dante knows. Otherwise he wouldn't go to factory to destroy it and stop production of the drink.

S.F.W

King of Hearts
I think Limbo or Malice if its a demon or just whatever cant controll people. I think building is as far it reach can go. However, i think your theory that virlity drink makes people turn into demons is very good.
But i am a bit unsure because the fat man who drank it and Dante hit the can out of his hand seemed fat and weak. So where is the demonic transformation.

See, that's the problem.
A answer: Mundus is not powerful enough to truly affect the real world. This may be because he's in a dormant state to gain power to launch an all attack against humans after he's turned them into demonic hosts, or (FAN FAVORITE) Sparda put that mutha in his place. But either, way, lets assume that, being Mundus, he's the king of Limbo. Notice how it hasn't been said he's brought Limbo into the real world, but has only been able to drag in one person TO Limbo: Dante. Idk how that works since in one trailer we see malice affecting regular buildings and in another trailer, we see Dante in some place less realistic and more demonic with a floating tower in chains. But anyways, my guess is he isn't strong enough to affect humans/real world yet, and The Order and Dante (and hopefully Vergil) know this.Since they can't fight Mundus directly since they have no knowledge of how to get into Limbo on their own, they do the next best thing: Go after the factories and leave Mundus with nothing.

Top Bottom