• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

asurai

Hm, well I did a basic search for it. And interestingly enough I did find a description of a Neraphim. The version of it I found at least, was a race within a Dungeons & Dragon's book. Perhaps almost all too coincidentally, these planar beings within the book are from the dimension called "Limbo". The Neraphim within the book live in various packs which are closely bonded with one another. Perhaps The Order is meant to represent a pack of Neraphim, or at least teh idea of it. However further reading in the book shows that it is more then likely not the exact Neraphim likely going to be shown in the game, but perhaps a large influence/inspiration behind the idea of it.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
Most probably it is the main realm of demons where the stronger ones reside and limbo is just a realm between human and demon world. Because we can see that the enemies in the game dont reside in limbo but come out of the ground from nepharhim maybe

Vehu

well,i just watched the trailer a couple times here,and i think that bald guy that claims to be god could be mundus,but could also be sanctus,i don't know...i just took that idea out because i just noticed now,that when dante enters the club the song says "your sanctus to destroy" like twice,so...maybe sanctus is in this game?

Zilla

The inFAAMous
^ I'm almost certain it is Mundus, the 3 eye-like indentations on his forehead are exactly like the 3 floating red orbs that appear whenever Mundus is in a cutscene in DMC 1.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
! okay guys just came up with another crazy theory!

alright here it goes: i now think the bald guy who we presume to be mundus, is not mundus. i now think he is the rebooted version of arkham!
think about it, both of them have similar physical traits:
*both of them are bald
*both of them have one blue eye, one red eye
*the shape of their noses are almost the exact same
*the shape of their faces are also very similar

arkham3.jpg

rebootarkham2.jpg

another trait they share is the becoming/being a god. arkham strived to become a demonic god.
this bald guy is apparently in fact a god.
and yes i know there is the symbol of mundus on his forehead, however my theory is that mundus is possessing arkham while in the human world and resides his true form in limbo.
so what do you guys think, does this seem plausible?

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat

alright here it goes: i now think the bald guy who we presume to be mundus, is not mundus. i now think he is the rebooted version of arkham!
*both of them are bald

arkham3.jpg

rebootarkham2.jpg

another trait they share is the becoming/being a god. arkham strived to become a demonic god.
and yes i know there is the symbol of mundus on his forehead, however my theory is that mundus is possessing arkham while in the human world and resides his true form in limbo.
YES.
YYYYYES.

I was thinking that. It's just that when I snapped a pic, I saw that one eye is not brown, but blind:
tumblr_m54lbsPnRo1qg3cy0o1_1280.png

I still hope he's arkham.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato

*both of them are bald

arkham3.jpg

rebootarkham2.jpg

no he has Mndus's sign on his forehead
It is a mark resembling the three eyes of mundus

Vehu

so what we have is,maybe it's mundus himself,maybe it's a fusion of arkham and mundus but maybe it could be arkham serving mundus...but this is mundus related since we have the mark on the forehead... this theory is getting interesting :]

Zilla

The inFAAMous
I can't see it being Arkham. I think the only reason one eye appears red is the way He tilts his face, plus You can see red lighting around the room which likely flooded that side of his face. And if I remember correctly, the only returning characters are all from the first DMC (Dante, Mundus, Vergil) the rest are all new characters, which leads Me to believe they wouldn't randomly reuse a villain from the third game.

But of course, I could be completely wrong. It is an interesting theory though, perhaps an Arkham-like character has been possessed by Mundus (hence the marking on his forehead) *Sort of like how Majin Vegeta had an 'M' on his forehead when possessed by Majin Buu.

*Dragon Ball Z related.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
I was working tonight, thinking about the previous trailers and gameplay videos (monotonous work will do that to You) and suddenly a question that I honestly couldn't answer stuck out like a splinter in My mind; Kat mentions in one of the videos that she isn't safe here whenever she sees the demons spawn to attack Dante, but if I'm remembering correctly, Kat can only see into Limbo, not actually enter or interact with it, so what exactly makes it 'not safe' for her?

I know it's a petty complaint/query, but I couldn't come to a conclusion.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I was working tonight, thinking about the previous trailers and gameplay videos (monotonous work will do that to You) and suddenly a question that I honestly couldn't answer stuck out like a splinter in My mind; Kat mentions in one of the videos that she isn't safe here whenever she sees the demons spawn to attack Dante, but if I'm remembering correctly, Kat can only see into Limbo, not actually enter or interact with it, so what exactly makes it 'not safe' for her?

I know it's a petty complaint/query, but I couldn't come to a conclusion.

that doesn't mean the demons cant kill her in the real world. All it takes is one of their human flunkies to stab her and she is dead.

Tosto

The Dark Brawler
Wow, I totally didn't see that till now. Sup'm is definitely up with his right eye. Though it could be Mundus controlling/possessing Arkham, I highly doubt it's Arkham because of what he said about Sparda. Remember, Arkham was very obsessed with Sparda, but this guy(Mundus) seems to hate his(Sparda) guts.

It could still be Mundus possessing some poor human bastard but just not Arkham.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Wow, I totally didn't see that till now. Sup'm is definitely up with his right eye. Though it could be Mundus controlling/possessing Arkham, I highly doubt it's Arkham because of what he said about Sparda. Remember, Arkham was very obsessed with Sparda, but this guy(Mundus) seems to hate his(Sparda) guts.

It could still be Mundus possessing some poor human ******* but just not Arkham.
true, it could just be mundus's human form, but the resemblance to arkham just really catches my eye.

Tosto

The Dark Brawler
I can't see it being Arkham. I think the only reason one eye appears red is the way He tilts his face, plus You can see red lighting around the room which likely flooded that side of his face. And if I remember correctly, the only returning characters are all from the first DMC (Dante, Mundus, Vergil) the rest are all new characters, which leads Me to believe they wouldn't randomly reuse a villain from the third game.

But of course, I could be completely wrong. It is an interesting theory though, perhaps an Arkham-like character has been possessed by Mundus (hence the marking on his forehead) *Sort of like how Majin Vegeta had an 'M' on his forehead when possessed by Majin Buu.

*Dragon Ball Z related.

I wouldn't be surprised to see characters from DMC3 like Lady or Arkham because DMC1, 3 & 4 are the only real DMC's they have to work with. I'd say it would be weirder to see characters from 4 since they were fairly new. Might see a baby Nero though, that would be cool. How old is Dante by the way?

Oh, yea, awesome DBZ reference there man. Though Vegeta wasn't possessed by Majin Buu, he was being controlled by Bobidi

Top Bottom