• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
It's weird that demons have such power over Dante that they can just transport him to Limbo.
If they want to kill Dante - why not gather a huge army and then teleport Dante?

Instant kill lol

chocolatepanda

It's weird that demons have such power over Dante that they can just transport him to Limbo.
If they want to kill Dante - why not gather a huge army and then teleport Dante?

Instant kill lol
Maybe the city is divided in sections so stronger demons are closer to the the heart of the city. Or maybe the further you are from the center of the city or Malice the less influence the demons have so as Dante gets closer to Malice stronger demons can come out to play.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Or maybe he doesnt seem like much of a threat. I mean malice(hehe) is using hateful language to stop him.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I don´t get it. Why would the demons not kill Dante when they have the power to drag him into Limbo?
Do they want to kill Dante or not? Because it seems more like a strong demon who´s in controll is saying "Welcome to Limbo", not "We´re gonna kill you".

As if they want Dante for something. I am thinking maybe Vergil is one who´s in controll of Limbo.

chocolatepanda

I don´t get it. Why would the demons not kill Dante when they have the power to drag him into Limbo?
Do they want to kill Dante or not? Because it seems more like a strong demon who´s in controll is saying "Welcome to Limbo", not "We´re gonna kill you".

As if they want Dante for something. I am thinking maybe Vergil is one who´s in controll of Limbo.
Maybe Dante is the 1st of his kind meaning the half demon/angel thing so whoever is the boss man in Limbo wants to see what he is capable of like a for of entertainment while thinking he could kill Dante at anytime if he really wanted to.

ZenMarter

The King of a Forsaken Race
Theory 1:
Basically what you said Meg - demonic experimentation that goes wrong so they pick the one from the litter who hasn't gone full-out demon to clean up their mess. Re-creating Dante in a sense, but he's not the real Dante, sort of like a "clone" of Dante.

Theory 2:
It's another stereotype badass c0cky devil hunter who decides he wants to up his rep, and through experimenting he gets some of Sparda/Dante/Vergil/Nero's blood into him that gives him the abilities he's got. And because Dante sees himself as the best in the business, this new guy wants that reputation for himself, hence calling himself Dante. And then the real Dante later comes in and kicks his butt for trying to steal his identity - BOOJA! XD

Theory 3:
It's Dante's son. Either his mother named him after his father, or he changed his name later on, since I think that's what Dante did in regards to Sparda's alias Tony Redgrave. And it's all about this kid kicking butt, being cool, winning over his own fanbase, and pleasing all levels of fans with Dante showing up on the scene when he gets captured? I mean the trailer might not have been in chronological format. Maybe he gets caught in the end (I mean how many teens do you know that get CHAINED in a room when they go into rehab? Srsly?) and Dante comes busting through the door (or ceiling, or glass window) to save him? Tarum tarum tarum! :D

I like my second theory best, though that's just the fangirl in me retaliating at this guy calling himself Dante.
liking the no.2 and no.3 theory there

Hellsong95

Nothing is as ever as it seems
Well i heard that DmC: Devil may Cry is set in an alternate universe. Also it appears in the preview trailer that the battles robots instead of demons but im not entirely sure on that

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
Well i heard that DmC: Devil may Cry is set in an alternate universe. Also it appears in the preview trailer that the battles robots instead of demons but im not entirely sure on that
ah yes robots......wait fight! aawww no im a lover of robots i cant bare to watch :(

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
we already know its an alternate universe and no those arent robots maybe demons with some robotic parts on them but no not robots

Viewtiful-Dave

Devil Slayer

Yea I think Capcom came out and said it was set in an alternate universe. It would be sweet though if at the end the two worlds collide and the two Dante's meet to take out the big bad. I don't get the robot thing though, unless it's like previous DMC games where they're basically puppets for the demons to inhabit.

Railazel

The robots are based off of the Scarecrow in DMC4 and the Marionetts from DMC1, sort of like a fusion of the two, where they are formed from some black goop and take the shape of what looks like robots.

As for it being an alternate universe, its sort of like what Ultimate Spider- Man is to Spider- Man. The same guy just with different origins and situations. For example, in Ultimate Spider- Man, Peter Parker's father made the Venom suit instead of Venom being an alien.

Hellsong95

Nothing is as ever as it seems
as i said i wasnt entirely sure on that but it would also explain when Dante is captured and interrogated in the same trailer it appears to be some sort of machine or another that is his interrogator. Or maybe it was just a window :p

Gooterspiel

How fascinating!
My theory isnt really a theory, more like a personal touch since I really doubt the game would be this way.

But I think this is not Dante at all, infact I dont even call him that. I call him patient 4133, because every time I see the new dmc I think:

This is not Dante but some troubled kid who is having a personality breakdown and is currently locked in an asylum for attacking people, because he thinks everyone around him are "demons" out to get him" and all of those things featured in the videos is only what is happeing inside of this kids head. And he belives he is Dante doing those amazing things.
Is the kid only imagening all this or is he really in a world sorrounded by demons?

But this is highly unlikely of how the game is going to be, but it makes the game more interesting, and easier to like!

chocolatepanda

New
My theory isnt really a theory, more like a personal touch since I really doubt the game would be this way.

But I think this is not Dante at all, infact I dont even call him that. I call him patient 4133, because every time I see the new dmc I think:

This is not Dante but some troubled kid who is having a personality breakdown and is currently locked in an asylum for attacking people, because he thinks everyone around him are "demons" out to get him" and all of those things featured in the videos is only what is happeing inside of this kids head. And he belives he is Dante doing those amazing things.
Is the kid only imagening all this or is he really in a world sorrounded by demons?

But this is highly unlikely of how the game is going to be, but it makes the game more interesting, and easier to like!​
It's already been said that DmC Dante and the original are 2 different people altogether.

Top Bottom