• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

Tiran

The great pretender.
Do you really think that Capcom came up with anything that interesting? No. He went somewhere, fought, was awesome and won. Then he came back home, like always.

Gaflima

Son of no one.
that makes alot of sense.
also to add to your point dante is mentioned as a terrorist in the newest trailer, so im sure the authority figures torturing dante think he is the bad guy.

I think this Trailer Analysis reinforces that theory , see what are written in the x-ray of the Dante's brain, in TGS 2010 trailer:
Start from 2:57 to 3:29

looks like the authorities are really torturing dante thinking he is the bad guy , because of his alleged vandalism and terrorism :/

johntoreno07

Ok so what are your theories on this new game? Is it really Dante? His son? An impostor? What kind of world do you think it is and what do you think is happening in it?

As for me:

I think this is indeed the Dante we know and love. I think the government is trying to harness demonic power. Maybe they know who Dante is, but he doesn't yet? I say they are performing experiments on him. Which would explain why his face looks like someone punched it fifty times. Maybe the gov is also testing demonic energy on humans and it gets outta hand, so they send Dante to kill them all.

What about you? And please no flames about how this redesign sucks. Please keep that in the thread its already going strong in. I hope this thread serves as a place for people to think up cool ideas. :)

I think this is indeed the Dante we know and love NO HELL NO !!! the story isn't focused on demonic power anymore it is focused on changing places and morphing worlds i don't think govt is trying to take his power it seems like he can see the "truth" because he a son of angel and demon whatever so we know very little about the story and the direction you're thinking is fanmade thinking you can forget about it THIS ISN'T DANTE !! this is just another person named dante -_- how many times do i have to say this !!

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
The theory that the girl is tagging the city sounds good.
1) We see "Don't accept things as it is" in E3 trailer or something (go watch trailer if you want)
2) We saw a "eye" tagging which has a hidden message. And if there is more eyes spray painted...then the spray painting becomes a "?" to humans. Which will make them critical and try to investigate.

I am pretty sure Dante is being looked as a terrorist. Does the line "There are demons everywhere in every corner of society" not work as proof enough? And it seems clear demons are spying on humans.
How would they then not put the blame on Dante?

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
^^ the demons could be spying on humans. But i think the demons actually control the city subliminally, and there are probably humans who are working for demons. The hard thing to really assume is what the god's in the story role is going to be.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
The demons could be spying? Are you really that unaware?

Dante takes a step into a area. Demon camera spots him "DAAAAANTE!!!"

Railazel

^^ the demons could be spying on humans. But i think the demons actually control the city subliminally, and there are probably humans who are working for demons. The hard thing to really assume is what the god's in the story role is going to be.
According to scans of foreign interviews, the driving force behind the city is called Malice (like no sh*t) and it seems to want Dante for some odd reason.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
The demons could be spying? Are you really that unaware?

Dante takes a step into a area. Demon camera spots him "DAAAAANTE!!!"
Spying and keeping surveillance are two different things. Cameras in a gas station aren't meant tot spy on customers.
When the camera spots Dante, it doesn't take intel, it tries to kill him immediately.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Spying and keeping surveillance are two different things. Cameras in a gas station aren't meant tot spy on customers.
When the camera spots Dante, it doesn't take intel, it tries to kill him immediately.
It's hard for me to see it that way. The demon camera is not to be compared with a gas station camera. The demon camera is there to spy.
But it's clear they are spying and keeping surveillance.

Come on...

"There are demons everywhere in every corners of society".
"Those by the name of DANTE" (Dante being targeted as criminal of factory attack/explosion)

And then there is the demon camera "DAANTE!"

And then there is "Their world is a lie.", "Don't accept the world as it is."

Clearly the demons are upholding controll on humans, and in order for them to do so they are spying and keeping surveillance.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
a interesting question is how they put the blame on Dante.

1) Demon shapeshifted into him
2) Dante was at the scene to kill demons but got blamed

Remember Dante is a hot target for demons.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
a interesting question is how they put the blame on Dante.

1) Demon shapeshifted into him
2) Dante was at the scene to kill demons but got blamed

Remember Dante is a hot target for demons.
I dont understand what you mean..?

And Dante was invited to the city by someone

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I dont understand what you mean..?

And Dante was invited to the city by someone
he's talking about how the demons got the humans to believe dante is a terrorist, and how dante was blamed for attacking that factory mentioned in the fight trailer.

chocolatepanda

I thought the demons kinda had an illusion thing going on. They didnt shapeshift its just that normal people cant see what they really are. Like in the trailer where he says the bit about demons being in every part in society there's a moment where it shows a poster advertisement for a hamburger place and then it shows the Limbo version of the poster and it said gluttony is good.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Dante got invited to the city? Limbo you mean? Please elaborate on that.
Well limbo is what Dante can see right? And nobody else.
The city is, well, I dont know the name, but I know somewhere in an interview they said he was invited to the city. The mysterious girl was speculated but nothing was confirmed. I would look around for you, but im using my phone and I cant be bothered =S

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I got a theory that the amulet is possibly what's drawing Dante into demon world.
Remember Lord of Rings?

And the amulet is a demonic item.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
In the original dmc the amulet was suppose to open the demon world so you might have a point with Dante being able to see demonic changes in the city.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Well we should ask the question "What purpose does the amulet have?".
Remember in DMC 3 the two amulets opened demon world or something?

Wikipedia:
The Perfect Amulet is an ornate amulet which serves as a key to the Temen-ni-gru's gate to the Demon World[1][2]

chocolatepanda

I thought he could see that Dante was being pulled into Limbo forcefully by the demons. Nobody else gets pulled into to Limbo because there not really as much as a threat as Dante since they are only human.

Top Bottom