• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Of those three, yes, Devil May Cry is indeed more story based, but your above post seemed to imply that Devil May Cry is a story type of game and then you later said it is a gameplay type of game, so you can understand my confusion.
Of course. But just to clear the fog, i know DMC is a gameplay type. That's another reason that makes me not get DmC. If the story of DMC serie is a wreck.

Why not juse use the gameplay but create a completely new story and characters? That's what Ubisoft did with Prince of Persia and Assassin's Creed transition.

Think about it, if Capcom cared about us fans - they would have made the Megaman that was cancelled. Or they would have made DMC 2, 3 and 4 with a great story before they released it. Money and laziness. That's what's stopping innovation.

Gaflima

Son of no one.
Oh, Okay :D
It for me, doesn't look like a factory, it seems more of a bizarre "lair of demons", i think that the place at 1:25 seems be a factory :)

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
It for me, doesn't look like a factory, it seems more of a bizarre "lair of demons", i think that the place at 1:25 seems be a factory :)
0:48 looks like a factory to me. 1:25 looks like Limbo. The cubes are in the air.

I was thinking if 0:48 is really the factory that was mentioned on radio in DMC IGN gameplay video then it means Dante was at the factory. Which elimnates the theory of a shapeshifting demon but a demon in police blaming things on him.

Gaflima

Son of no one.
0:48 looks like a factory to me. 1:25 looks like Limbo. The cubes are in the air.

I was thinking if 0:48 is really the factory that was mentioned on radio in DMC IGN gameplay video then it means Dante was at the factory. Which elimnates the theory of a shapeshifting demon but a demon in police blaming things on him.

In 0:48 looks like Limbo too, see the ceiling , has a floating part on the right side, and the sky is colored with a greenish color.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
You know what is funny ?
The fact that limbo is part of hell and to go to hell you have to be dead
so from the second you pick up the controller you are actually on a continuous game over screen

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
In 0:48 looks like Limbo too, see the ceiling , has a floating part on the right side, and the sky is colored with a greenish color.
The green colour isn't so green. It could just be the sky's colour. But i see the floating part on right side.

But we know Dante can be dragged into Limbo. So Dante may have gone to that factory in human world, and demons dragged him into Limbo? Demons have influence on human world so maybe they can change the world, just that they don't do it often to avoid humans noticing?

It seems like the demons don't want to reveal that they are in controll.

ZeroLove

You know what is funny ?
The fact that limbo is part of hell and to go to hell you have to be dead
so from the second you pick up the controller you are actually on a continuous game over screen

That's Limbo in the Christian interpretation of it and the Limbo in the new Devil May Cry isn't exactly like that. It is most likely called Limbo, because it is being caught between two planes of existence: the mortal plane and the demon plane.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
i agree with you, in fact i noticed this a couple days ago when i was rewatching the extended trailer. you see what seems to be boxes floating around, and that seems like something a factory would contain right? :)

Gaflima

Son of no one.
The green colour isn't so green. It could just be the sky's colour. But i see the floating part on right side.

But we know Dante can be dragged into Limbo. So Dante may have gone to that factory in human world, and demons dragged him into Limbo? Demons have influence on human world so maybe they can change the world, just that they don't do it often to avoid humans noticing?

It seems like the demons don't want to reveal that they are in controll.

I think Dante have gone to that factory in human world looking for something , and the demons dragged him into Limbo on purpose, trying to incriminate him, knowing that the actions of Dante in limbo cause damages in the human world

i agree with you, in fact i noticed this a couple days ago when i was rewatching the extended trailer. you see what seems to be boxes floating around, and that seems like something a factory would contain right? :)

Is this what i think too :)

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
both 0:48 and 1:25 has greenish look to them.

And as Choco says the blocks seems to be containers.

So Dante was at that factory in the scenes then?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I think Dante have gone to that factory in human world looking for something , and the demons dragged him into Limbo on purpose, trying to incriminate him, knowing that the actions of Dante in limbo cause damages in the human world

Is this what i think too :)
good theory :)

both 0:48 and 1:25 has greenish look to them.

And as Choco says the blocks seems to be containers.

So Dante was at that factory in the scenes then?
maybe the place at 0:48 is some hidden demon lair within the factory

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
the demons don't have complete controll. That we know because at beginning of E3 trailer we see "Don't accept the world as it is", "Their world is a lie" etc.

If humans were aware of the reality then they would fight the demons. Unless they were enslaved? (is that right word?).

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
the demons don't have complete controll. That we know because at beginning of E3 trailer we see "Don't accept the world as it is", "Their world is a lie" etc.

If humans were aware of the reality then they would fight the demons. Unless they were enslaved? (is that right word?).
perhaps only some humans know about the demons such as dante and cat/kat, which is why tey are fighting back.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
perhaps only some humans know about the demons such as dante and cat/kat, which is why tey are fighting back.
Of course. then the demons must be making something to take over the world.

Wait wait. How about the amulet that Dante has is the amulet needed to open a gate for demons to freely come over to human world?

Gaflima

Son of no one.
Then yours think that maybe these two places in the truth, can be the same?
If they are producing... maybe it is something that dominates the human world...making that ALL humans entering in the Limbo City, or making the demons entering in the human world

Top Bottom