• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
meg127;273970 said:
So in other words everything that has happened so far...didn't actually happen and all the mythos surrounding those games may not even exist anymore either. That sucks.

Somethings might still exist, like the Legend Of Sparda, the amulet it may had changed and it could still be on one place.

It still has to retain something to be a "DmC" otherwise they could had maded it another action game.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
****, i didn't think that they could drop Vergil... maybe thats for the best... from my fan-girl point of view anyway.

Meg

@TCD-They could just be calling it DmC for the attention :dry:

BUT! That's not what this thread is about. Sooo now that we know its a reboot for sure how does this effect the theories already proposed?

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
meg127;273976 said:
@TCD-They could just be calling it DmC for the attention :dry:

BUT! That's not what this thread is about. Sooo now that we know its a reboot for sure how does this effect the theories already proposed?

It blows the theorys that say it is a prequel.

But he could still be Kyrie and Nero son if they exist in this world, and they could just call him Dante by ramdoness

Meg

Having him be friends with Nero would be cool in my opinion. Maybe have a co-op Bloody Palace or something?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Well a reboot would be an excuse to fit in nero's existence (I'm not mentioning it as the topic makes me puke).

Just a thought, perhaps dante is stuck on a psychiatric ward for observation because his demonic powers are starting to develop, and is chained up to protect himself and others. If he is developing in that way, he's gonna be pretty screwed up because he won't know whats happening.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
meg127;273982 said:
Having him be friends with Nero would be cool in my opinion. Maybe have a co-op Bloody Palace or something?

Indeed it would be cool.

Actually with this reboot Capcom can make anything they want they could make Dante, Vergil and Nero all brothers while the Sparda of this new universe stills remains as a legend.

Meg

@VB- OOOO! I like that idea. Maybe we could tie that idea in with mine? That could be really neat. Rep+

You know what? Maybe a reboot is a good thing. Since let's face it the series was getting very confusing.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Vergil'sB*tch;273983 said:
Well a reboot would be an excuse to fit in nero's existence (I'm not mentioning it as the topic makes me puke).

Just a thought, perhaps dante is stuck on a psychiatric ward for observation because his demonic powers are starting to develop, and is chained up to protect himself and others. If he is developing in that way, he's gonna be pretty screwed up because he won't know whats happening.

I like that VB good theory.

I was actually thinking that he turned himself in because he knew he was dangerous

moseslmpg

Given that this is a reboot, it seems only the Demon Experiment and Generic Hunter theories make sense. Or they may just bite the bullet and say, "this is Dante so STFU."

moseslmpg

This Dante might not even have demonic powers though. He hasn't indicated any so far. So he could still be Generic hunter guy.

Bah, even as an alternate universe, this seems kind of lame.

Meg

^ Well he has shown superhuman abilities, so maybe the demonic abilities will come in as the game goes on. Maybe the game's story is him in the ward and the gameplay is flashbacks showing how he got there? It could end with his demonic powers awakening and him escaping. (and hopefully his hair turning white) The trailer does hint at that.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Here's another theory - maybe Dante is the one behind the glass interrogating this guy? I mean who says this dude is the good guy? Just because he slaughtered a couple of demons? So did the Order of the Sword, but they were all on the darkside.

To quote VB's quote:
Ninja Theory creative director Tameem Antoniades was also onstage to give the audience some context for the game. Antoniades described DMC as both a "reboot" and a "reimagining" of the Devil May Cry series in which the clock has been turned back and the hero is a much younger version of longtime protagonist Dante. The hallmark signs of youth are all on display according to Antoniades, with Dante flashing more rebellion and attitude, as well as an edgier sense of fashion (which, considering older Dante's penchant for red leather jackets, seems quite the tall order).
Fans are limited to know only a few things about games beforehand. I'm hoping this guy was telling the truth and that Dante IS in there - the younger Dante, you know? I mean this new guy is called Dante. Dante called himself Tony when he was younger. And they say "a much younger Dante". 1 - the guy in the trailer does NOT look younger than the Dante in DMC3. I'm hoping they're hunting buddies - or maybe he's the guy who got Dante to consider opening his business in the first place? Plus, if Rebellion is being flashed around a bit more - I really don't care what anyone says, that whip the guy was swinging around was NOT the friggin Rebellion, and by all means if it really was Dante then they would have put the actual sword in the trailer.

Anyway. I believe that the real Dante will be in the game. :D Hope, I haz it :D :D

Maninhell

According to the city name. "Limbo City" could be a city that is neighboring earth with hell. I think this has somthing to do with the "Rehabilitation program".
maybe Dante escaped hell and got cought?

Silahsor

Lead Guitar
i think they are trying to do something like what marvel does at ultimate spider-man series or spider-man 2099.if the orijinal story will continue after this game,this reboot thing could be cool so we can see some alternative things.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
My guess that it's actually not the REAL Dante we know, but someone who might be having an identity problem and assume he is Dante. That's my guess.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
My guesses:

- The legend of Sparda.
- Dante and Vergil born by Eva. Dante is Sparda's favorite while Vergil grew in jealously of both of them and wants power and take the title from his own father. Dante's powers weren't unleashed and their awakened little by little.
- An older Vergil secretly has an alliance with the demons and wants Dante not interfering in his plans... including Mundus'... if he does appear.
- Dante is chained up and somehow some pieces of his demon powers are unleashed when he escapes the prison. But no memory of who his family was but his name.
- Sparda mysteriously knows about this and leaves gifts for his son in hopes he'll be able to survive and fight the forces of darkness.
- Vergil learns of this and lets Dante gain his full powers in each fight.
- Dante see Vergil while on his battles and later... Dante's Devil Trigger is unleashed. Dante's hair changes silver. Vergil's hair changed silver in the beginning... I think.
- Dante learns about Vergil's plans and tries to stop him from harming humans. While on that, Dante meets some people that new his father and help him regain some pieces of his family life.
- Later, on the final battle with Vergil. Dante is left with a shop Sparda left him to have as his final gift... hoping one day they'll be reunited. Dante decides to name the shop... Devil May Cry. Dante stops smoking forever.
- Notes: Trish is the female lead... or Lady. Vergil has a wife and will probably raise Nero in the next game to meet his uncle.

Are there any devil arms and fire arms in the game like a shotgun, gauntlets and shinguards. What about a sword?

DanteSparda504

I want to comment on something....Some people don't seem to understand the idea of a reboot entirely....you can reboot a series while still keeping the original story in tact. I am certain that is what Capcom and Ninja Theory is going for. I don't think they are just starting over like many people seem to think, I think they are just trying something different kind of like they did with Resident Evil 4. They rebooted the series but kept the original story and characters in place and continued the story.

I have a theory on the story that I am kind of fond of but there are several holes in it. I personally like the idea of it being Vergil. Last we saw of Vergil he was brainwashed by Mundus. He had gone insane basically and just blew up. I am thinking that maybe this is him? He is back and is just insane. He is confused and brainwashed and doesn't know what the hell is going on. He thinks he is actually Dante and all kinds of stuff. To help back up my theory, I am going to reference the voice actor for Dante....I don't know who it is who said "My name is Dante" but I know it did NOT sound like Dante. I think it sounds a lot like Dan Southworth aka Vergil.

Of course theres the fact that he looks young....too young to be Vergil so that is the big hole in my theory :\

Top Bottom