• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Review by Angry Joe

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Im the one of them, if i said the game is the best i wouldnt write it deserves 8.5

And Chaser, Multibro guys are incredible.
They say ''The combat is no good, the game is a mess compared to olders''
I respect their opinions and can argue about that.

But Joe says gameplay is very good, platforming is very good , everything is wonderful but DT is useless theres no lock on and Dante sucks''

So Chaser and Multi, you said ''decent review'' so you do agree the game is very good, but because of new Dante and DT you hated it, right?
Like I said before, I agree with some of his points, just not the combat one. He likes the combat, I don't. The story is okay but I dislike the characters.

I agree that DmC is a good intro for new players but it doesn't mean that I like the game. I want my DMC challenge. DmC doesn't provide that.

MedicoreR

I get that its an ''opinion''
But cant i have an opinion about the review?

To me review has so many errors in it.
For example the guy in the music video is nothing like the new Dante.

Jesus Christ dont you ever see an emo boy? You tell me which Dante is more Emo.
Here you are :
url
url

long-emo-guy-hair-20.jpg

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
I get that its an ''opinion''
But cant i have an opinion about the review?

To me review has so many errors in it.
For example the guy in the music video is nothing like the new Dante.

Jesus Christ dont you ever see an emo boy? You tell me which Dante is more Emo.
Here you are :
url
url

long-emo-guy-hair-20.jpg
I know I called Dante emo before but honestly, he looks nothing like an emo.

He's more of a punk.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Honestly, it's a bit of different review than what Joe usually. It's a bit uncommon for him to start the review with the controversy and **** but it's still a pretty good review.

Roxas

I kinda liked the review overall, to be honest, but it just lacked some stuff.
The wig and the monologue for it are not just a reference moking whomever didn't like the new visual, but it's also used to set the irony for the white hair at the end of the game.
Can't remember anything else that the review lacked at the moment. But it's still the best review I've seen so far.

Gbraga

That was surprisingly a good review. I don't really like his videos, but this one was pretty good.

Nvzman

Ehh, the review was okay I guess.
Really most of his reviews for me are very hit-and-miss, because I really disagreed with him on his RE6 review (the game wasn't bad at all, is was pretty good bar the overuse of cutscenes). And yeah, having black hair doesn't make you emo at all. As somebody pointed out before, if anything the old Dante looks more emo (well, at least DMC3 Dante) than the new one (doesn't mean he's better, but still). I played some more of DmC, and I have to say, this game is a load of fun. I like the combat being a lot less brutal to beginners, yet still being hard to master even for the pros. The idea of being able to switch the Angel, Demon, and Rebellion swords was really clever and offered more fluent combat. Even though this game doesn't run in 60 fps on PS3 or Xbox, the combat still feels faster and more fluent. I prefer platforming far more than puzzles and constant backtracking. The story is fine, and Dante actually had a few one-liners that made me chuckle a bit.
Overall I'd give AJ's review a 6/10, and the actual game a 9/10.
To read more of the full review, visit ign.com

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
The review was decent he didn't really go into detail on alot of things but I did agree with his score but for different reasons

MedicoreR

Overall I'd give AJ's review a 6/10, and the actual game a 9/10.

Joe pointed nothing that other reviewers didnt
I wish i were a reviewer. I would talk about hundred of negative and positive things instead of how Emo Dante is.

6/10 for you AngryJoe

Gbraga

Man Killer is Dead looks dope! I really hope it has better gameplay though, all of previous Suda's games were lacking in that department.

Day one anyway.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
As much as I like Angry Joe I think his fanatical side was showing a bit too much here to take what he said in a more legit way. I don't really understand where this emo claim comes from because I thought emo kids had hair they flicked out of their eyes constantly and complained about trivial BS. He put so much emphasis on that complaint that ultimately I think doesn't make much sense. What the hell was that video though? Is it seriously real? Someone link me if you can because I got to see it to believe it. What was that THING?!

Also was seriously talking about Vergil shooting Lillith actual grounds for a complaint? Um, I don't know about you guys but I'd shoot the next DEMONIC KING and it's evil mother too. Plus you can't obviously complain about Vergil in this game being worse because that dude was so one dimensional and ZZZZZZZZZZ BORING previously. DmC brought me around to Vergil alot more than I ever did because when it comes to being a villain, the guy sucks and I know LOTS who put him to shame. Plus was the hair joke really interpreted is some kind of insult? It was meant to be ironic and was alot funnier in general to anything previous Dante could have came up with. Dante has a sense of humor that may be only funny if you're drunk or high and have the giggles. If I ever laughed at DMC, it was how hilariously bad some of the things that were said and done.

Plus are they really going to complain about Mundus here? He was a freaking statue and then a blob of organs who looked like he got off watching Dante run back in forth through his castle doing tedious item collecting and killing his minions. He wasn't very compelling as a villain and the game just assumes I'm suppose to buy he's some kind evil powerhouse. Mundus in the new game is in context to the tale being told and controlling the world through something as important to economics as currency is a subtle but very effective way to control the world so tell me why is that considered to be some kind of flaw here? Sure also the story satires things we have in the real world but who cares really? Are you going to tell me Bill O Reilly isn't an asshole? Or that Fox news aren't idiots themselves for the most part? They compared the MLP FiM fandom to terrorism. DmC does draw a comparison to films like They Live and the Matrix along with other things who used this plotline (They Live is a crappy movie anyway, fun at times but still bad. John Carpenter's best is obviously The Thing) but is it any worse than the very weak B-movie stories from the previous titles? Like Joe said, don't give me that BS. I see WAY more potential in this take on Dante's story than the previous stuff. It's the most Dante centric storyline than ever before because why was Dante always living in his dad's shadow despite us never seeing anything the dude did to make me believe Dante still isn't as good as his dad.

How the people have been judging it though is completely retarded because saying DmC is bad is saying you don't know what a bad game is like Joe said. It doesn't deserve the stupid grief it gets. Take that stupid rage and fling it to the REAL BAD DMC GAMES which are 2 and 4. The direction DmC takes with this series is a hell of alot more interesting that what the previous game left us with because who honestly gives a sh!t about pointless Dante a.k.a. Nero and whatever he does with his cardboard cut out anime girlfriend. Maybe a rebooted Nero would be alot better than in the DmC universe because the only thing I liked about him was that he was voiced by my favorite Power Ranger.

Plus am I the only person who just doesn't give a single f*ck about the style system? I play games to have fun not worrying about what achievements or trophies I get because it's all pointless to me and it's not like it holds any relevance in my life. I can score SSS rankings in the previous games easily as well but it's not like I ever gave a sh!t about it. If I did then oh look I did but I was just worried about having fun with the game and I'd rather skip this scoring count game and just get back to slashing demons.

If your a fan of Devil May Cry then you owe it to yourself to play another good game in the series because this is a hell of alot of fun. If you don't have fun with DmC then maybe you're just a boring person because I wouldn't know what to tell you then. If I see that generic anime bs again which left me with not giving a single f*ck about DMC then I might just not care anymore. They wouldn't have decided to reboot if everything was going in the right direction. DmC is taking the series in an interesting direction and breathing a breath of fresh air into to something that was on the verge of stagnation and losing its way whether you want to admit it or not.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Man Killer is Dead looks dope! I really hope it has better gameplay though, all of previous Suda's games were lacking in that department.

Day one anyway.
When i saw it I was like
images

"Well yep my wallet is going to be empty the entire year"

Top Bottom