• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Review by Angry Joe

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
A good review. I haven't seen a review from him since UMVC3.

I don't agree with the emo thing since black hair doesn't=emo, but I can agree that this game was easier then past DMC games. But not as brain dead easy as 2.

7/10 is a very good review for a harsh guy like him, so all I gotta say is
tumblr_lv795w3Dxv1r2zl9wo1_400.gif

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
For me that was a good review. Not overly praising, but not saying the game was a load of crap. Points out the flaws, but also says what he likes.

One question: Does anyone know the name of that band at the start? :lol: I have not seen anything like that before.

Blood on the Dancefloor.

Really ****ty ****ing music, I'm kinda ashamed to admit that I liked it when I was younger.

Edit - But I love DmC's soundtrack. Noisia's song Alice got me into the Drum and Bass genre and I've always loved heavy industrial stuff like Combichrist.

KaizenShio

Blood on the Dancefloor.

Really ****ty ******* music, I'm kinda ashamed to admit that I liked it when I was younger.

Edit - But I love DmC's soundtrack. Noisia's song Alice got me into the Drum and Bass genre and I've always loved heavy industrial stuff like Combichrist.
After seeing this I Know why people still listen to rap now...After this video I liked a soulja boy video i think i enjoyed it u.u

Paexie

I have to admit I don't really agree on the story/characters bit as we do see Dante change and Kat is also very important, but this is a very subjective part of the game.

Too bad we are not gonna get Dante3's voice/mannerisms that would have been pretty damn awesome but I would imagine it would cost more than it being a new skin.

MedicoreR

Prejudice.
The same thing was going on while people started to blame ''both sides'' for the ''internet DMC war''.

Yeah we all love AngryJoeShow
But i am gonna speak the truth.
No need to agree with someone try to win both sides and give 7 to a good game just because to seem ''ok lets not make antis angry, this looks ok''

How come Lollipop Chainsaw gets a 6 but DmC gets a 7?
The game is way better than the games he scored 8/10 (Max Payne, Comic Jumper, Ace Combat, Deus ex, FTL..)
He knows it, ChaserTech knows it, supporters know it, but still you all are not being completely honest.
Almost every other reviewers pointed the same things.
But magicly because the review has an emo video in it, now its fair to ChaserTech and Multibro (who dislike the game from the begining)

Speak the truth people

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Prejudice.
The same thing was going on while people started to blame ''both sides'' for the ''internet DMC war''.

No need to agree with someone try to win both sides and give 7 to a good game just because to seem ''ok lets not make antis angry, this looks ok''

The game is way better than the games he scored 8/10 (Max Payne, Comic Jumper, Ace Combat, Deus ex, FTL..)
He knows it, ChaserTech knows it, supporters know it, but still you all are not being completely honest.
But magicly because the review has an emo video in it, now its fair to ChaserTech and Multibro (who dislike the game from the begining)

Speak the truth people

well opinions opinions dude.

Everyone has them, and there most of the time different than others.

Supporters don't have to agree with him simply because "it would make the antis mad if they didn't", they could agree with him on the notion that they share some of his opinions about the game.

Not every supporter of this game thought DmC was the best thing since sliced bread ya know?

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon

Speak the truth people
Hey, calm down bro. No need for the name calling. I have stated the reasons why I don't like DmC in a calm manner.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Prejudice.

Speak the truth people

One word: Opinion.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
Really? He did say he's an average player. I guess he didn't want to be creative.

Maybe he would get a better impression of the game's combat mechanics if he actually utilised them.

I mean, according to a lot of people DmC is a "casual game," yet he doesn't even bother to learn the game extensively, then proceeds to call Dante "emo," and compares Combichrist and Noisia to Blood on the Dancefloor.

If I was going to review a book I wouldn't just skim through it and read the most important stuff, I would read every word carefully and pay attention to the flow of sentences and the syntax itself, and whatever else book reviewers do.

Paexie

Maybe he would get a better impression of the game's combat mechanics if he actually utilised them.

I mean, according to a lot of people DmC is a "casual game," yet he doesn't even bother to learn the game extensively, then proceeds to call Dante "emo," and compares Combichrist and Noisia to Blood on the Dancefloor.

If I was going to review a book I wouldn't just skim through it and read the most important stuff, I would read every word carefully and pay attention to the flow of sentences and the syntax itself, and whatever else book reviewers do.
Actually he compared Dante's look to that music vid. He did say (or his background anyway) that the music is awesome.

But yes he did play the whole game but that doesn't mean a lot of people will delve into every nook and cranny of the mechanics and world. Average player indeed. Doesn't make his review less valid in my eyes though.

MedicoreR

Im the one of them, if i said the game is the best i wouldnt write it deserves 8.5

And Chaser, Multibro guys are incredible.
They say ''The combat is no good, the game is a mess compared to olders''
I respect their opinions and can argue about that.

But Joe says gameplay is very good, platforming is very good , everything is wonderful but DT is useless theres no lock on and Dante sucks''

So Chaser and Multi, you said ''decent review'' so you do agree the game is very good, but because of new Dante and DT you hated it, right?

Paexie

Im the one of them, if i said the game is the best i wouldnt write it deserves 8.5

And Chaser, Multibro guys are incredible.
They say ''The combat is no good, the game is a mess compared to olders''
I respect their opinions and can argue about that.

But Joe says gameplay is very good, platforming is very good , everything is wonderful but DT is useless theres no lock on and Dante sucks''

So Chaser and Multi, you said ''decent review'' so you do agree the game is very good, but because of new Dante and DT you hated it, right?
I couldn't understand a single thing... it's just their own opinion and they just happened to respect Joe's.

Top Bottom