• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Official Demo Thread

Paexie

The problem people are taking it out on now is not even exploitative stuff (anything that gives you a rank). Like how you can use the rake move forever. Some other dude playing said that the game is a masher.... when it clearly isn't.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Well in the end if I don't upload now I'll upload when the full game is out. This is only a demo after all. I just want to be safe and make sure they have the best chance of still being in the full game :)

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I don't think they'd have time to iron out the bugs now if they are in the final version, but it's likely this is an older build.

I imagine the game's gold by now.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Some other dude playing said that the game is a masher.... when it clearly isn't.
Has the dude ever played a DMC game before? If not that's kind of a predictable response, if he has then... Well I don't know. Hopefully he self combusts or something.

Paexie

Has the dude ever played a DMC game before? If not that's kind of a predictable response, if he has then... Well I don't know. Hopefully he self combusts or something.
He's expecting too much I guess. He is still playing the demo and making direct comparisons to DMC4. The only good thing he will give the game is that the speed is on par with the normal speed of the other games and that the variety is only a bit more than DMC1.

In other news, the demo is finally in the store... EXACTLY when I don't have time for it. MAN. Destiny has betrayed me.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
variety is only a bit more than DMC1.
A bit more than DMC1? I wouldn't even expect that kind of response from the people that hate DmC with a passion!
It does sound like he is expecting a full game from a demo. Oh well, life goes on, haters unfortunately do too.

Nekodark

Aww my little brother who has played the other DMC games is playing the demo and Dante did \that baseball move he was like 'Now I know that's Dante' lol funny his name is Dante as well.

Dante47

Just played the demo. I was actually playing DMC4 while I waited for the download.

To say one thing, this game is very fair, but still punishes you accordingly. It's just as challenging as the others though, but will never p*ss you off enough for you to stop playing. The Stylish Meter felt more like it was encouraging me to do better, rather than disheartening me about my score. It shows what combos you'll pull off, which is very satisfying and helpful if you did something by accident.

This game is hard. I mean, very hard. Enemies attacks are designed well, especially ones with shields or chainsaws. I like how the gameforces you to experiment, but does so naturally. You learn new combosand and strategies by playing the game more often. I found myself messing some moves up. I guess this is what Tameem meant by "Easy to learn, hard to master."

Now the opening cutscene runs through the story. It seems we'll have a lot of new ploy points that were either never discussed in DMC3 or that never happened. The environments are beautiful, and the game never had any framerate issues for me.

For skeptics, play the demo. Don't expect a master piece. Expect another Devil May Cry game. Don't go into it wanting to like it or hate it. Go in neutral. You may enjoy it.

Top Bottom