• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Official Demo Thread

Devil Player

So far, I've seen 3 secret missions in the demo.

I didn't know there was one just before Poison fight. I'm shocked after seeing how much stuff was changed and added for the game. Come closer, January 2013!!!! :)

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
I find it hard to believe anyone's opinion on the difficulty, really, since many of the people who want it to be soooo hard have played the game on DMD for the longest time, so by default their scale might be a little bit off. I've even been playing DMC3 HD again, and the harder difficulties are really only harder because the enemies deal a lot more damage, and of course the "Devil Trigger" the enemies get in DMC, but otherwise...they're really not that difficult. It all just gives you less room to make mistakes, emphasizing the whole "don't get hit, be stylish" thing.

And what's the point of telling me you can run through the demo with Osiris? That's just spamming one weapon, which gets stronger with each kill. Doesn't do a whole lot for your Style unless you snatch up a lot of enemies, and even if you do, that's something that could always be done in the classics.

Also - I do have to point out that this is the first Devil May Cry game where each of the S ranks are individual grades, and not just tiers of the top rank. Watching older TrueStyle gameplay from 3 and 4, S, SS, and SSS are all on the same "meter," with the higher grades only being further along the meter, instead of you needing to completely fill the meter to get to the next grade like D through S...not really any point, but I suppose getting a SSS in DmC is a bit more work on the meter-side, just because there's actually 7 full grades, instead of 5, with the highest having three tiers.

Spamming.....So basically I tried the demo first on my first try and then coming here and then looking at the video you posted after playing the demo is considered spamming? I am not ripping on it nor am I defending it.
Basically I used combos through the whole thing and snatches still found it easy on my first try.
I did it again and found out spamming one weapon can still get you up to A or S, still without using Arbiter.
I have seen Trustyle videos, I know the meter like the back of my hand. The meter here in this one is forgiving even when spamming the same thing.

Still did all of it in SoS

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Spamming one weapon isn't really anything. You can get high Style in any of the games by using one weapon, I do it all the time because I really like Rebellion. And if it's Osiris I say again that catching multiple enemies gets you points for each strike on all the enemies, which helps boost Style. However, that was possible in the classics too - I do it all the time.

The only thing that really makes it "easier" is because now we have a specific sweeping weapon with Osiris that makes it perfect for crowd control.

Frazz

General gamer
Spamming.....
Basically I used combos through the whole thing and snatches still found it easy on my first try.
I did it again and found out spamming one weapon can still get you up to A or S, still without using Arbiter.
To be honest I personally don't mind this because I won't do it... I'll just play it the way it was meant to be played which is without spamming. I can understand that you, as a hardcore player, found it easy but there are more difficulties in the game and tbh you should probably just play it for fun atm. Though that's just my two cents, if you beg to differ that is fine :) However I'm still psyced to play it tomorrow!!

Frazz

General gamer
We have to wait for tomorrow or later this evening unfortunately.
Does that mean the EU version will be even LATER!? If then I'll probably run into a random house, steal an xbox and then download the demo! My DmC sized hole in my life needs to be filled until the games release!!

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
To be honest I personally don't mind this because I won't do it... I'll just play it the way it was meant to be played which is without spamming. I can understand that you, as a hardcore player, found it easy but there are more difficulties in the game and tbh you should probably just play it for fun atm. Though that's just my two cents, if you beg to differ that is fine :) However I'm still psyced to play it tomorrow!!

Your opinion is your opinions. I can respect that.

The difficulties you mentioned are all too familiar too: DmD, Heaven and Hell, Hell and Hell. Heaven and Hell is gonna be the easiest one basically one shotting with combos. Hell and Hell is the only challenge and it requires basically air time and juggling.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
How are We all getting on with our Mission rankings? The best I've managed on Under Watch on Son of Sparda mode is a double S.

Managed a no damage SSS on Secret Ingredient on Son of Sparda mode, doesn't appear to be a bonus for receiving no damage though.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
How are We all getting on with our Mission rankings? The best I've managed on Under Watch on Son of Sparda mode is a double S.

Managed a no damage SSS on Secret Ingredient on Son of Sparda mode, doesn't appear to be a bonus for receiving no damage though.

Not dying is a nice bonus for avoiding damage :p

chocolatepanda

I havent played the demo but aren't most of the enemies in the demo just fodder enemies? Basically the equivalent to a scarecrow in DMC 4. We've seen the poison fight enough times to know how to beat her so that's nothing special either. For those who can play the demo try getting hit and see how much damage u take, that'll give a better idea of the games difficulty since stronger enemies will do more damage. The only reason i wanna play the demo is to see what possible combo wise.

berto

I Saw the Devil
That quite a bit easier than I remember. Even poison was significantly cake walk this time arround.

After playing this again I now remember alot from my play through, even some complains I had that I forgot about.

All in all it's a good game but I can't say it's a must have for me. I'll wait for a significant price drop, like down to $30.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
I havent played the demo but aren't most of the enemies in the demo just fodder enemies? Basically the equivalent to a scarecrow in DMC 4. We've seen the poison fight enough times to know how to beat her so that's nothing special either. For those who can play the demo try getting hit and see how much damage u take, that'll give a better idea of the games difficulty since stronger enemies will do more damage. The only reason i wanna play the demo is to see what possible combo wise.
For the most part it is Fodder enemies, but in SoS made they throw in a few new faces. Most of the normal fodder is replaced with upgraded, more intelligent fodder, capable of blocking Your Demon pull. Along with more Chainsaw Enemies, and Angel/Demon unique enemies, that require their respective stance to damage.

And Harpies. Holy God damn are the Harpies and Cherrups a royal pain in the arse.

The Air evade appears to be extremely limited, especially in comparison to the ground roll version. So many times I noticed a telegraph, air dodged by a milometer and got clipped. Or Chainsawed.

Top Bottom