• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Official Demo Thread

berto

I Saw the Devil
Oh, yeah, has anyone figuered out how touse the upgrades? I got a few and if they don't get used it'll just keep piling with nothing to do with them.

chocolatepanda

For the most part it is Fodder enemies, but in SoS made they throw in a few new faces. Most of the normal fodder is replaced with upgraded, more intelligent fodder, capable of blocking Your Demon pull. Along with more Chainsaw Enemies, and Angel/Demon unique enemies, that require their respective stance to damage.

And Harpies. Holy God damn are the Harpies and Cherrups are a royal pain in the arse.

The Air evade appears to extremely limited, especially in comparison to the ground roll version. So many times I noticed a telegraph, air dodged by a milometer and got clipped. Or Chainsawed.​
That actually sounds like a decent challenge to me and since the full game should have more difficulties like DMD. I just wonder what the enemies DT like state will be in this game.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I personally was pretty impressed, the whole thing works even better than at Gamescom!
I think it wasn't to hard but also not to easy. I'll have my fair share of fun with this game!

LeoXCV

Single life for life
I got a first go video in rendering :) found it somewhat difficult to get use to the controls. One main thing that was bugging me was I kept using B to grapple (Like Nero) and ending up braking combo flow. Also got slightly annoyed at how weak the normal air dash and double jump hight was. Found it quite fun though, I know all these things just require a bit of getting use to so I'm not overly bothered.

Also after I did the video I went back in and checked out how JC worked. It's easy compared to previous games, you still have to time it right n all that, but I think the area around the enemy you want to JC off is quite lenient.

I also have a small glitch I found, but not sure if I'll make a vid for that yet. ;)

somekidfromthe90's

wait i'm confused! It says on the official FB page that it released today on BOTH PSN and XBOX in the USA but im not getting the demo its not even UP! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! PLEASE SOMEONE EXPLAIN !!!!!!!

Devil Player

SoS mode seems to be a good challenge.

This guy is playing very well. Look at the enemies he had to face in the first part of the mission, lol.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
No mine is different. But that made me laugh like hell xD
It seems like that glitch was because of the angle scoop, I did another glitch involving the same move where I did prop without the animation. Made it look like Dante was slicing him up with his mind. Unfortunately it's not on record :/ might try and recreate it though.

Gbraga

No mine is different. But that made me laugh like hell xD
It seems like that glitch was because of the angle scoop, I did another glitch involving the same move where I did prop without the animation. Made it look like Dante was slicing him up with his mind. Unfortunately it's not on record :/ might try and recreate it though.
If that looks as awesome as it sounds, I hope they don't fix it

AngelMode

I already beat Underwatch on Son of Sparda... that was a bit hard and I lost all of my gold orbs but I don't give a crap.

I did beat Poison on Son of Sparda without dying once and I also got my first SSS there. So proud of myself.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
If that looks as awesome as it sounds, I hope they don't fix it
Precise reason I'm contemplating if I should upload any glitches I found. Some can be really good for making combo vids better, but at the same time could be used as a kind of exploit. Might wait it out till game release, see if they are still there then upload tutorials.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
DMC's high level play has been all about exploits - Jump Canceling itself wasn't something you were supposed to be able to do, people just had impeccable timing. If it can help combos, by all means let 'em rip, but if they're game breakers, then unveil them so that NT can be aware of them for some last minute tweaks or something.

Gbraga

Precise reason I'm contemplating if I should upload any glitches I found. Some can be really good for making combo vids better, but at the same time could be used as a kind of exploit. Might wait it out till game release, see if they are still there then upload tutorials.
Can you at least PM me how to do it? :(

LeoXCV

Single life for life
DMC's high level play has been all about exploits - Jump Canceling itself wasn't something you were supposed to be able to do, people just had impeccable timing. If it can help combos, by all means let 'em rip, but if they're game breakers, then unveil them so that NT can be aware of them for some last minute tweaks or something.

I can see your point, but still guna keep it under wraps for now. If there are any glitches that are purely combo related I'll upload but the main one I'm on about has combo potential but at the same time in the hands of a skilled enough player can be used to potentially exploit. Nothing like a huge game braking glitch or anything but still something that NT may look at as a bug that needs fixing. Even the mind prop one they might patch because they would see it as bad advertisement rather than a move for the skilled to put in combos.

Gbraga

I can see your point, but still guna keep it under wraps for now. If there are any glitches that are purely combo related I'll upload but the main one I'm on about has combo potential but at the same time in the hands of a skilled enough player can be used to potentially exploit. Nothing like a huge game braking glitch or anything but still something that NT may look at as a bug that needs fixing. Even the mind prop one they might patch because they would see it as bad advertisement rather than a move for the skilled to put in combos.
PM MEEEEEEEEEEEEE

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well, it's your call, but I don't think they'd take out a glitch that allows for combo potential - part of the game is about breaking the combat to suit the player's whims, isn't it?

Top Bottom