• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Official Demo Thread

AngelMode

ehh well just wondering on what the move command for stinger and rainstorm is , and to angelmodes question , you get that by going to the fountain and if you look behind there should be an angel lift spot to get you to the area leading to the blue thing if thats what your talking about

Damn eeet!!
I got the demon key though. And I managed to open the demon door (you gotta do a double jump into angel glide into angel lift from the platform of the second demon camera). I opened the way with Osiris to the angel door but because I didn't have the key I couldn't open it.

Now I'm at that secret location thing...

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Remember, different alloyed keys open different alloyed doors. Only copper keys can open copper doors, the same with silver and gold etc.

A Lurker

Nice to meet ya
oh that key is where before the first encounter of the demon shards instead of going right where the road collasped you go left and the key should be there, my memories a bit fuzzy since i already got all the keys and they don't reset

AngelMode

oh that key is where before the first encounter of the demon shards instead of going right where the road collasped you go left and the key should be there, my memories a bit fuzzy since i already got all the keys and they don't reset

They don't reset?

But yeah, you're right. That's where it is.

A Lurker

Nice to meet ya
yeah find keys once don't need to ever find them again , though any one know how to do stinger or rainstorm ? edit *figured out stinger double tap slash in the dirction you want and , rainstorm is shoot jump at the same time, though nice they added in rainstorm laucher

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
Stinger is forward forward Triangle. Osiris will perform the streak with the L2 held down and this command.

Rainstorm is X and Square.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
There's a movelist in the game :x

But Stinger is "Forward>Forward>Melee Attack" and Rainstorm is "Shoot+Jump"

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I'm uploading my impressions from the demo if anyone wants to see but thought I'd check before posting it. It does contain some negativity but I feel I was fair on it's good points and bad points.

A Lurker

Nice to meet ya
yeah the demos out and i checked the movelist before asking since those moves weren't listed in the demo and thanks

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
This guy tried to recreate the the easy SSS. It only gets to a B now.

Correction, it got him one grade up, and then nothing :p He only got the B because he was already close to it. I wonder what difficulty he was on, too...

I wonder if people will try to claim this new video as something to bash the game with. All it shows is some...rather un-stylish gameplay.

For that matter, there's all these people complaining about how you can get through the game by spamming attacks - as if that wasn't possible in all the other DMCs. I though the main point was to get high Style during battles? Suddenly the complaint changes?

Nekodark

*Yawns* I doubt he is even trying check the title..man I thought I was going to see something if he is trying then he fails and not the game..the comments are more entertaining..a bit..

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

Correction, it got him one grade up, and then nothing :p He only got the B because he was already close to it. I wonder what difficulty he was on, too...

I wonder if people will try to claim this new video as something to bash the game with. All it shows is some...rather un-stylish gameplay.

For that matter, there's all these people complaining about how you can get through the game by spamming attacks - as if that wasn't possible in all the other DMCs. I though the main point was to get high Style during battles? Suddenly the complaint changes?

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton

Really? It actually is easy even when using Osiris and its suppose to be a fast weapon.
SoS is extremely easy even with getting the high Style during combat, I just rinsed and repeated with Osiris nothing more.

All i see from people actually defending the game was their over exaggeration on how 'hard' it was and how the gameplay was 'hardcore'

Honestly when I played it I didn't see any of the 'Hardcore' they promised.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Really? It actually is easy even when using Osiris and its suppose to be a fast weapon.
SoS is extremely easy even with getting the high Style during combat, I just rinsed and repeated with Osiris nothing more.

All i see from people actually defending the game was their over exaggeration on how 'hard' it was and how the gameplay was 'hardcore'

Honestly when I played it I didn't see any of the 'Hardcore' they promised.

I find it hard to believe anyone's opinion on the difficulty, really, since many of the people who want it to be soooo hard have played the game on DMD for the longest time, so by default their scale might be a little bit off. I've even been playing DMC3 HD again, and the harder difficulties are really only harder because the enemies deal a lot more damage, and of course the "Devil Trigger" the enemies get in DMC, but otherwise...they're really not that difficult. It all just gives you less room to make mistakes, emphasizing the whole "don't get hit, be stylish" thing.

And what's the point of telling me you can run through the demo with Osiris? That's just spamming one weapon, which gets stronger with each kill. Doesn't do a whole lot for your Style unless you snatch up a lot of enemies, and even if you do, that's something that could always be done in the classics.

Also - I do have to point out that this is the first Devil May Cry game where each of the S ranks are individual grades, and not just tiers of the top rank. Watching older TrueStyle gameplay from 3 and 4, S, SS, and SSS are all on the same "meter," with the higher grades only being further along the meter, instead of you needing to completely fill the meter to get to the next grade like D through S...not really any point, but I suppose getting a SSS in DmC is a bit more work on the meter-side, just because there's actually 7 full grades, instead of 5, with the highest having three tiers.

Top Bottom