• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Official Demo Thread

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Either I'm completely blind or incredibly lucky, because I thought the game was pretty awesome once I got the hang of the different controls. The amount of content in the demo was staggering to me. A bunch of these Lost Soul things to find, three secret missions, and a difficulty mode that adds in a few new enemies. I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I think this game will be alright when it comes out.

I also encountered no glitches, by the way.

Paexie

Either I'm completely blind or incredibly lucky, because I thought the game was pretty awesome once I got the hang of the different controls. The amount of content in the demo was staggering to me. A bunch of these Lost Soul things to find, three secret missions, and a difficulty mode that adds in a few new enemies. I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I think this game will be alright when it comes out.

I also encountered no glitches, by the way.
Even more surprisingly is actually how much they took OUT of those missions. Even the enemy waves are different in the full game.

Paexie

Not necessarily, but I do wish they kept the full length of Underwatch and extras and skip out on the boss fight if they had to.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
You know what? I realized that the visual design, as well as the camerawork and a very small portion of the combat reminds me of the 2010 Splatterhouse game.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
On the subject of the PS+ article. They have edited the article since the link was posted, it did before say about the DmC demo exclusive for PS+ users but due to a mistake on their part they had to remove that little bit. Dom did say there was only one demo in the Q&A, not sure where sony got the idea they were getting an exclusive but mistakes happen so oh well.

Devil Player

On the subject of the PS+ article. They have edited the article since the link was posted, it did before say about the DmC demo exclusive for PS+ users but due to a mistake on their part they had to remove that little bit. Dom did say there was only one demo in the Q&A, not sure where sony got the idea they were getting an exclusive but mistakes happen so oh well.

Thank you. :)

So, that explains why people didn't find the DmC part in the article. Good thing is that I copied the whole part about the game, lol.

Anyway, if it was wrong, then it was their mistake and not mine, lol. You saved my day, hehe.

ChaserTech

That'd be kinda weird if the demo was PS+ only. Xbox users would be quite upset.

Also, signature update. :p I think it looks a bit off though. (Becoming really lazy with signatures these days)

LeoXCV

Single life for life
That'd be kinda weird if the demo was PS+ only. Xbox users would be quite upset.

Also, signature update. :p I think it looks a bit off though. (Becoming really lazy with signatures these days)
Plenty of things in the past have goten one side or the other upset (Early DLC being a main one) so I think the game industry is past caring about that now.

N nice, though I can kinda see what you mean with it being a bit off. I would say it's Nero's arm, just needs a bit of smoothing imo. Otherwise it looks cool :) (More effort than mine after all. lol)

ChaserTech

Especially since originally the demo was only available for Gold members :/

Poor silver members. :(

As for PS+, I have three free months worth of PS+ thanks to going to an MLG event. Two in which I still have at the moment. Sony were just handing cards out left and right. :p

JoshMoshes

DMC Aficionado
I've put in 21 hours of game time into this demo according to Raptr and I'm not even close to sick of it. I neglect playing Halo 4 and Dragon's Dogma (which I got three days ago) over this demo.

Its official. This is going to be my favorite Devil May Cry. I didn't think so before but I'm almost 99% sure because of this demo, gameplay trailers, controversy, etc. I don't care if fanboys condemn me from the circle of DMC/DmC fandom or insult me with their pseudo-gaming elitism. I'm enjoying/loving this game WAY too much and its just the demo for jebus sake!

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I haven't played it in a while. There's just not as much to it, and the combat isn't really super fun to keep me coming back - at least in the demo :p

JoshMoshes

DMC Aficionado
anyone playing Metal Gear Rising Demo still?

I played it like 8 times back when the ZOE HD collection released. I thought I'd buy the collection and play that demo to death. its actually been the contrary, lol. ZoE 2 is just so sick.

Is it me or is that game easier than DmC? I love the parry system. Everything just felt too easy though (which is an odd complaint for a Metal Gear game).

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, it's definitely fairly easy. Stun and get someone into a Zandatsu and they're gone, and you've got full health and energy again :p

Top Bottom