• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Official Demo Thread

LeoXCV

Single life for life
I've put in 21 hours of game time into this demo according to Raptr and I'm not even close to sick of it. I neglect playing Halo 4 and Dragon's Dogma (which I got three days ago) over this demo.

Its official. This is going to be my favorite Devil May Cry. I didn't think so before but I'm almost 99% sure because of this demo, gameplay trailers, controversy, etc. I don't care if fanboys condemn me from the circle of DMC/DmC fandom or insult me with their pseudo-gaming elitism. I'm enjoying/loving this game WAY too much and its just the demo for jebus sake!
Don't over play the demo ;) I did that with crackdown and the release ended up with less play time than the demo :D
anyone playing Metal Gear Rising Demo still?
There is a demo? lol missed that one :p I only let MGR fall off my radar for a while.
Is it on 360?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

Just tried to do this in my PS3 demo, couldn't get it to work. I was at a B rank and I just hugged the wall, shooting at the Pathos until it 'sploded. Went through the next little area, into the next fight, and my rank started from scratch.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
There is a demo? lol missed that one :p I only let MGR fall off my radar for a while.
Is it on 360?

It only comes with the Zone of the Enders HD Collection, which is PS3 exclusive, so unless you want to fork over 40 dollars for a demo and two games you might not like along with the 200 some dollars for a PS3 if you don't have one, I don't think you'll want it.

ChaserTech

Just tried to do this in my PS3 demo, couldn't get it to work. I was at a B rank and I just hugged the wall, shooting at the Pathos until it 'sploded. Went through the next little area, into the next fight, and my rank started from scratch.

It worked for me. I just recently tried the glitch when I got back to my dorm room.
I tried it on Nephlim mode and it worked. My rank was at C when it happened.

And no, the rank didn't go up when I started attacking. I literally did a Demon Pull and it started at C.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, I dunno. Nothing happened with me, and I was literally right there when the fight ended, and it started the scene.

I wonder if some things only happen on one console or another...?

ChaserTech

Yeah, I dunno. Nothing happened with me, and I was literally right there when the fight ended, and it started the scene.

I wonder if some things only happen on one console or another...?

I'm pretty sure glitches don't pertain to specific consoles. And if it's the demo itself, I downloaded mine on the 26th of November. Way after everyone else had the chance to play it. So if there were possible updates, I wouldn't be able to do these glitches myself.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I just attempted to do this glitch and was also unsuccessful. I tried three times, by the way.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
It only comes with the Zone of the Enders HD Collection, which is PS3 exclusive, so unless you want to fork over 40 dollars for a demo and two games you might not like along with the 200 some dollars for a PS3 if you don't have one, I don't think you'll want it.
The HD Collection is on 360 as well. I've been a ZotE fan for a long time, I was guna pre-order the collection too but I decided to wait for a fall in price. Missed out on a demo but oh well, cheaper in the long run :)

Tosto

The Dark Brawler

http://twitch.tv/capcomunity/b/343507087

Check out this Vid. It's a Dante Must Die mode play-through by some guys on Capcom-unity and believe me when I say it's looking brutal. It takes place in the same area as the demo but with some major differences since this seemed to have come from the full game. It also includes use of the shot gun and that new angelic weapon the "Aquila"

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'm pretty sure glitches don't pertain to specific consoles. And if it's the demo itself, I downloaded mine on the 26th of November. Way after everyone else had the chance to play it. So if there were possible updates, I wouldn't be able to do these glitches myself.
I don't think there were any updates to the demo. I don't know why they'd bother, haha.

I'm beginning to think I have rotten luck with women...and by women, I mean glitches.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
I might have a go at doing that glitch when I'm next playing. A different platform I would understand if it didn't work so I might end up not being able to do it. But it's worth a shot just for testing.

ChaserTech

I might have a go at doing that glitch when I'm next playing. A different platform I would understand if it didn't work so I might end up not being able to do it. But it's worth a shot just for testing.

It's pretty easy to do. Just follow the instructions in the video and you should be able to do it correctly.

Also, I tried the Prop Shredder glitch in front of an enemy. Turns out you can jump/shoot out of it. For some reason it didn't let me do anything the first time I tried it. lol

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I remember seeing Gregaman do Prop>Jump>Aerial attacks in the streams, most likely making use of the lift Prop leaves an enemy in. It could have been an entirely intentional mechanic, especially since it leads into Shredder, so the enemy would have to have enough airtime to come back down as Shredder starts.

ChaserTech

I remember seeing Gregaman do Prop>Jump>Aerial attacks in the streams, most likely making use of the lift Prop leaves an enemy in. It could have been an entirely intentional mechanic, especially since it leads into Shredder, so the enemy would have to have enough airtime to come back down as Shredder starts.

Oh yeah that's old news. Stuff like that were discovered back in DMC3 I believe. Could be earlier

ChaserTech

Just saw this recently by the way. You guys might have already seen this video.

Long story short, it's a review about all the stuff that were discussed earlier by EventStatus, who's sorta known for exploiting DmC relating things in terms of how Capcom/NT is dealing with it.

In my opinion, I thought some of the stuff he said sounded ok. Like talking about how Capcom/NT are treating the consumers. Seems kinda weird. But share your thoughts since I'm kinda curious on what you guys think of this video.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I can't watch that guy. His voice just gets on my nerves.

Although the title mentions lawyers, so I can only imagine he mentions that photoshopped "Tell me how you got the game's script or we call the lawyers thing" which Tameem confirmed was fake. Hopefully he doesn't start talking about it as fact...

AngelMode

Long story short, it's a review about all the stuff that were discussed earlier by EventStatus, who's sorta known for exploiting DmC relating things in terms of how Capcom/NT is dealing with it.

In my opinion, I thought some of the stuff he said sounded ok. Like talking about how Capcom/NT are treating the consumers. Seems kinda weird. But share your thoughts since I'm kinda curious on what you guys think of this video.

Wow, I can't believe I actually watched all that XD It was interesting to say the least. I think he overreacts at some points but he makes good arguments.

Overall, I want to be pro the game, but I'm somewhere in the middle. I'll obviously pre-order the game, play it, and then Vergil's DLC. I'm not doing it because it is some company telling me to, and if I hear what he has to say then I will be doing the same, so I'll just let my own experience with the game talk for itself. If it turns out that the game isn't too good, then too bad, I learned my lesson, and I will not buy a DmC2 if that ever comes out. If it turns out that it is way too bad then I'll just return the game and shove it down some poor innocent worker at GameStop.

Here's the deal, the game is not up to DMC's standards in gameplay and it has some glitches. But the art style and story seem really good. I try to look at the overall picture as opposed to JUST gameplay. However, amazing gameplay being a staple of the DMC series... I really will have to say that this is a setback. And it's a shame because they have something good going here with the whole stands system, since they actually managed to give you approximately 8 weapons to switch on the fly without the need of looping through them like DMC4 did.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta

I'm actually a FAN of that guy, and he openly called me a troll. I haven't watched his videos since, though I did message him, hoping to get the whole troll thing cleared up as I believe it was just a misunderstanding

Top Bottom