• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Official Demo Thread

Frazz

General gamer
Wow, I can't believe I actually watched all that XD It was interesting to say the least. I think he overreacts at some points but he makes good arguments.

Overall, I want to be pro the game, but I'm somewhere in the middle. I'll obviously pre-order the game, play it, and then Vergil's DLC. I'm not doing it because it is some company telling me to, and if I hear what he has to say then I will be doing the same, so I'll just let my own experience with the game talk for itself. If it turns out that the game isn't too good, then too bad, I learned my lesson, and I will not buy a DmC2 if that ever comes out. If it turns out that it is way too bad then I'll just return the game and shove it down some poor innocent worker at GameStop.

Here's the deal, the game is not up to DMC's standards in gameplay and it has some glitches. But the art style and story seem really good. I try to look at the overall picture as opposed to JUST gameplay. However, amazing gameplay being a staple of the DMC series... I really will have to say that this is a setback. And it's a shame because they have something good going here with the whole stands system, since they actually managed to give you approximately 8 weapons to switch on the fly without the need of looping through them like DMC4 did.
To be honest I wouldn't say that the gameplay is not up to standards - it is just different as you can switch so easily between weapons and imo it is MUCH better than DMC 2 and 4 and (again imo) on par with 3 in terms of fun as I can't get enough of the demo which has never happened before in terms of demo replayability for me :) Each to their own I guess!!

AngelMode

I'm the only one who thinks that the combat seems to be better than the previous DMCs? hm?
I had more fun with this unfinished demo than with the full DMC4.
To be honest I wouldn't say that the gameplay is not up to standards - it is just different as you can switch so easily between weapons and imo it is MUCH better than DMC 2 and 4 and (again imo) on par with 3 in terms of fun as I can't get enough of the demo which has never happened before in terms of demo replayability for me :) Each to their own I guess!!

Argh, sorry guys, I dove way too deep into the gameplay of DMC3/4 to like something that doesn't have as many options. Obviously, it is still a demo without all the weapons, so this is not my final saying of the game by any means. I'm just not really impressed with the gameplay so far and would like it to be a little more.

Fun is a given though. I do agree that the gameplay in DmC is pretty fun, and hell, the non-game-breaking glitches are actually welcome since they are funny.

ChaserTech

I'm the only one who thinks that the combat seems to be better than the previous DMCs? hm?
You are not alone dude!! :D
I certainly like this game's combat a bit more than others.

I guess I'm not a true fan, then :p

I honestly had more fun from playing the DMC4 demo than the DmC demo on my PS3. And that was with Nero.

JoshMoshes

DMC Aficionado
I'm actually a FAN of that guy, and he openly called me a troll. I haven't watched his videos since, though I did message him, hoping to get the whole troll thing cleared up as I believe it was just a misunderstanding

Hes just a man who takes pride in having a following of subscribers (almost like a cult). His fans report false information to him (like OG Dante being in PS All Stars, the Tameem lawyer twitter msg, and 4chan sources that end up being complete BS) as undeniable truth. And when you point him out on it, he tries to shut you up by saying "Make your own goddamn video."

I'll give him credit for backing up SOME of his statements but copy and pasting links that aren't credible sources doesn't make you right. Its like Fox News reporting "fair & balanced" information to get you to think a certain way. He claims to be looking at things objectively but that's complete BS. He spent that whole video talking about how pros were disappointed and became antis but doesn't talk about how anits became pros at all (and I've seen a lot since the demo came out). He even linked my gamefaqs post making it seem like I hated this game even though I only pointed out flaws and still said I greatly look forward to purchasing it.

I used to watch some of his videos but he blocked me after I asked politely "Could you give an updated impression on DmC?" a while back. It was the first thing I said to him and I got blocked 5 minutes later when I tried to comment on one of his screw EA videos. All of his videos could be summed up in 10 minutes tops, but instead he spends roughly an hour getting consumers all riled up, mad at each other, and monologues about how he was right all along (even though hes been wrong too).

Hes probably not a terrible person IRL but hes a complete jerk on the internet and a hypocrite. He cries about Capcom banning people from their forums while he himself blocks users only trying to ask questions about his videos and have a proper rebuttal to his biased opinion. People take his words way to seriously which is sad because what he says is always blown extremely out of proportion.

/endrant

AngelMode

I honestly had more fun from playing the DMC4 demo than the DmC demo on my PS3. And that was with Nero.

It's funny you mention that 'cus I've been playing DmC Dante as if I was playing Nero. I was one of the people who played DMC3 and didn't really like Nero until he grew up on me a little more. So I would say I had about the same amount of fun(?)... but I think I've already played the DmC demo way more XD

Paexie

You know, that's the only DmC video where I think he sounds like decent person. In all the other DmC related vids it feels like he's trying to shove a pine cone down my throat, but that's just me. That's his style.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Hes just a man who takes pride in having a following of subscribers (almost like a cult). His fans report false information to him (like OG Dante being in PS All Stars, the Tameem lawyer twitter msg, and 4chan sources that end up being complete BS) as undeniable truth. And when you point him out on it, he tries to shut you up by saying "Make your own goddamn video."

I'll give him credit for backing up SOME of his statements but copy and pasting links that aren't credible sources doesn't make you right. Its like Fox News reporting "fair & balanced" information to get you to think a certain way. He claims to be looking at things objectively but that's complete BS. He spent that whole video talking about how pros were disappointed and became antis but doesn't talk about how anits became pros at all (and I've seen a lot since the demo came out). He even linked my gamefaqs post making it seem like I hated this game even though I only pointed out flaws and still said I greatly look forward to purchasing it.

I used to watch some of his videos but he blocked me after I asked politely "Could you give an updated impression on DmC?" a while back. It was the first thing I said to him and I got blocked 5 minutes later when I tried to comment on one of his screw EA videos. All of his videos could be summed up in 10 minutes tops, but instead he spends roughly an hour getting consumers all riled up, mad at each other, and monologues about how he was right all along (even though hes been wrong too).

Hes probably not a terrible person IRL but hes a complete jerk on the internet and a hypocrite. He cries about Capcom banning people from their forums while he himself blocks users only trying to ask questions about his videos and have a proper rebuttal to his biased opinion. People take his words way to seriously which is sad because what he says is always blown extremely out of proportion.

/endrant

Sorta falls in line with my idea that he only cares about sensationalizing something to get views :p

crush

/endrant

From your words...I should really suggest him from stopping gaming. It's no good for him. And there is the proof.
Shunning peoples opinions so that comments that just praise him remains... isn't that a tactic used by complete dictators or Cult religion leaders? I don't see how good is this guy.
I think he would make a great sports gossip/reviewer though.

Dnishe Ebanoye

/endrant
Double standards, comrade.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014

You aren't the only one. I love how the screen kinda shakes slightly with each slash of your sword, so you really feel the impact. It makes me think of the brutal fighting style of Splatterhouse. That, coupled with the art direction, makes me think of this game as both a DMC game and a spiritual successor to Splatterhouse.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
On the old subject of the rank glitch, It works on 360. Was very easy to do so not sure how others aren't recreating it, seems a bit strange :/

ChaserTech

On the old subject of the rank glitch, It works on 360. Was very easy to do so not sure how others aren't recreating it, seems a bit strange :/

They are probably not doing it correctly. The shredder glitch is kinda hard to do imo since it requires a bit of timing.

The easiest glitch that I can do is the invisible weapon glitch. Where you let go the gun button in the middle of an attack. Easiest one you could do is Gun Charge -> Release -> Prop Shredder immediately afterwards.

Top Bottom