• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Official Demo Thread

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'm still a bit iffy on some of the glitches too, because they seem to require inhumanly fast mashing of a bunch of buttons people might not do :x

ChaserTech

I've come across the flying Dante glitch but everything else Chaser said I took as gameplay mechanics. Awkward buffering times are what you need to learn. The cancelling of Angel Prop again, another mechanic.

I would consider Prop Cancelling to be good mechanic. But I don't since you can't move right after you do it until Dante puts Osiris away. And as for the air weapon glitch, that's not really a mechanic. It's just Dante using an invisible weapon.

^ Nope. That's the confirmed reason. Tam said that a taunt button would conflict with the narrative. Which makes sense as You would hardly want a "Woo, yeah, let's party!" literally seconds after a serious cutscene.

Again, that is stupid.

I'm still a bit iffy on some of the glitches too, because they seem to require inhumanly fast mashing of a bunch of buttons people might not do :x

The glitches I did in the video do not require insane timings (maybe the Prop Shredder glitch).
And there are people that do get determined about mastering some of these exploits.

Take DMC4 for example. That game has a ton of exploits that people found constantly after the game came out. As of now, there are countless mechanics. within the game. I've also had casual players asking me how to do certain movements that require more precision than the glitches/advanced techniques I performed.

Here's a vid of me performing one. It's called Lucifer cancelling.

You press Attack, Jump, Guard over and over again. Which rounds up to about 7-10 inputs a second, give or take. The glitches I performed are nothing compared to that.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Oh I know, I've actually seen a couple of your videos when I was curious about the higher level play in the classics. I thought they were pretty good (almost beyond my level of commitment at this juncture >.<)

While yeah, the "inhuman" timing might not be necessary, I suppose I just feel like if a glitch requires a lot of inputs, it becomes less of a problem that a regular player will encounter. I still haven't come across any of the glitches you or others have, and it sorta skews the perceived quality because someone declares a glitch to be exceedingly widespread, when it may not be. I mean, how often in regular play would many of these glitches even appear? I guess I just sorta remain cautiously skeptical about it, since they don't seem to be extremely common, and it's possible they're simply demo bugs, and not release product bugs.

ChaserTech

While yeah, the "inhuman" timing might not be necessary, I suppose I just feel like if a glitch requires a lot of inputs, it becomes less of a problem that a regular player will encounter. I still haven't come across any of the glitches you or others have, and it sorta skews the perceived quality because someone declares a glitch to be exceedingly widespread, when it may not be. I mean, how often in regular play would many of these glitches even appear? I guess I just sorta remain cautiously skeptical about it, since they don't seem to be extremely common, and it's possible they're simply demo bugs, and not release product bugs.

The more glitches are found within the build, the more people tend to worry about the functionality of the game. Especially if someone is a casual player looking to see how their favorite game will play out by playing the demo, encountering these glitches, and becoming really skeptical on playing the actual game.

Also, here's a glitch in DmC in which I know could happen to someone on accident.

Requires no actual skill. All you need to do is just kill the enemy right near the door that's blocked off and then your rank is preserved after a next cutscene.

And I do see where you're coming from though. Uncommon glitches are essentially found by people who are looking for them. Not a regular player would find these glitches in their own time. But if you have easily encounter-able bugs within the demo, then that is a problem.

ChaserTech

Oh and apparently Tameen made a tweet about DmC, saying that there is "nothing to fix".

Don't quote me on this, but if this is true, then happy glitch hunting when the final build comes out.

8BitHero

Scrub
Not to plug my video but you can cancel Prop right away once the enemy hits with Guns or Dodge. It launches them into the air while Dante has free movement.
Like so:

Oh and apparently Tameen made a tweet about DmC, saying that there is "nothing to fix".

Don't quote me on this, but if this is true, then happy glitch hunting when the final build comes out.
That's pretty cocky of him.

As for the S rank video, I also thought that was part of the gameplay. If you take a hit in the level your rank goes down but it stays the current rank throughout, thus giving you a better score at the end if you beat all sections with SSS.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
The more glitches are found within the build, the more people tend to worry about the functionality of the game. Especially if someone is a casual player looking to see how their favorite game will play out by playing the demo, encountering these glitches, and becoming really skeptical on playing the actual game.

Also, here's a glitch in DmC in which I know could happen to someone on accident.

Requires no actual skill. All you need to do is just kill the enemy right near the door that's blocked off and then your rank is preserved after a next cutscene.

And I do see where you're coming from though. Uncommon glitches are essentially found by people who are looking for them. Not a regular player would find these glitches in their own time. But if you have easily encounter-able bugs within the demo, then that is a problem.
Ah, that one is a little iffy >_<

And I know what you mean. It can be disheartening to a new player to come across something like that in the demo, but at the same time, I do feel that a lot of the people going out of the their way to find these glitches are making a much larger deal out of things than they really are. There's been bugs that are really worth addressing, but they make it seem like every glitch or bug they find completely and utterly ruins the game.

Overtime, I've sorta trained myself to be immune to hyperbole, so it's difficult for me to see everything so imperative and/or crucial >_<

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

I would need some proof of that, of course, but it's possible that they've been trying out the stuff people have found, but in their full version of the game, and they can't be recreated. Who knows >_<

Not to plug my video but you can cancel Prop right away once the enemy hits with Guns or Dodge. It launches them into the air while Dante has free movement.
Like so:
I think what's happening in your video may just be the launch properties of Prop in general; it pops the enemy up, keeps them there to get sliced, and then it can lead into them falling into Shredder. Certain moves force a certain amount of like..."float" on enemies they hit. Some stuffs pops enemies up and then they fall right back down, and some pop them up and they're descent is slowed a bit. I could totally be wrong, but that's what I've noticed with my time in the demo.

ChaserTech

Well, after searching for about several minutes, I found this. Read from bottom to up.
Replies are read from top to bottom.

DmC.png

It's clear that Tameen knows about these glitches due to the videos that are being posted.

LeoXCV

Single life for life

That's ridiculous if he did. No game is 100% bug free and any developer that says something like this is guna get a huge slap round the face when something happens to the final game.

I'm guna use Borderlands 2 as an example. Randy Pitchford had said that they have finished polishing out bugs and what not, and began developing character DLC instead. On release not only did I find a massive exploitable glitch a day after UK release, there was also a glitch that could happen where certain things got completely reset. It's still an issue now but luckily Gearbox are releasing a patch/restoration attempt. But the number of people that now refuse to play/buy the game is increasing as more people get hit with it. Honestly I think either their game testers aren't very good or they are trying too hard to keep to a tight deadline they blatantly can't make. I fear DmC could be following a similar path.

ChaserTech

. Honestly I think either their game testers aren't very good or they are trying too hard to keep to a tight deadline they blatantly can't make. I fear DmC could be following a similar path.

That's exactly how I feel about the game testers for DmC.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well, after searching for about several minutes, I found this. Read from bottom to up.
Replies are read from top to bottom.

DmC.png

It's clear that Tameen knows about these glitches due to the videos that are being posted.

I actually remember that. That alessandro fillari wasn't referring to a glitch of any kind. If I remember correctly, I think it was something about linking video of the Poison fight, and it was deemed too easy to parry, hence the "Nice parrying skills" remark. Not sure why that guy's account is locked now >.<

But yeah "nothing to fix" had nothing to do with a bug or glitch, but someone saying that Poison being too easy to parry should be fixed.
That's ridiculous if he did. No game is 100% bug free and any developer that says something like this is guna get a huge slap round the face when something happens to the final game.

I'm guna use Borderlands 2 as an example. Randy Pitchford had said that they have finished polishing out bugs and what not, and began developing character DLC instead. On release not only did I find a massive exploitable glitch a day after UK release, there was also a glitch that could happen where certain things got completely reset. It's still an issue now but luckily Gearbox are releasing a patch/restoration attempt. But the number of people that now refuse to play/buy the game is increasing as more people get hit with it. Honestly I think either their game testers aren't very good or they are trying too hard to keep to a tight deadline they blatantly can't make. I fear DmC could be following a similar path.

I remember hearing a little about that bug in Borderlands 2, yeah. I share that concern for other games as well, but I do think Gearbox was working under a tighter deadline, and were really forced to start rolling into their DLC stuff, which really messes things up sometimes. DmC has been in its polishing state for...quite a while now, seemingly longer than most other games. I wanna say like...six months or more.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I think they're might also be a wider-spread problem of western QA being really, really ****ty. Having read up on a lot of that side of game development, QAs get worked like dogs for little pay nor respect. There was actually a mention how Japanese QA was so different when one English-speaking person had to work with the JP QA, despite the need for translations and all.

I do share the thought that there is definitely something different between QA in different parts of the world. There's so many bugs in so many western games, but you don't really see them in JP developed games...either that, or somehow people embrace them differently depending on the game :/

LeoXCV

Single life for life
I think they're might also be a wider-spread problem of western QA being really, really ****ty. Having read up on a lot of that side of game development, QAs get worked like dogs for little pay nor respect. There was actually a mention how Japanese QA was so different when one English-speaking person had to work with the JP QA, despite the need for translations and all.

I do share the thought that there is definitely something different between QA in different parts of the world. There's so many bugs in so many western games, but you don't really see them in JP developed games...either that, or somehow people embrace them differently depending on the game :/
I always wanted to do game QA work but when I saw how they were treated I just moved away from the idea. It is quite bad how they are worked, but then again some I have spoken to have had no complaints and enjoy it. It is a definite iffy area all over. A real shame since it is such an important thing for game development and some of the best are just turning away from it.

ChaserTech

But yeah "nothing to fix" had nothing to do with a bug or glitch, but someone saying that Poison being too easy to parry should be fixed.

They should fix that. If you're playing a boss at a high difficulty setting, parrying should have some sort of a change. Possibly in terms of priority. If it stays the same, the difficulty could possibly prove to be too easy just because of that exploit whenever you're fighting a boss.

And it still doesn't explain the It's only broken if it's played in a way that breaks it" that Isaiah Olson quoted as well.
And why he didn't dismiss it.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I always wanted to do game QA work but when I saw how they were treated I just moved away from the idea. It is quite bad how they are worked, but then again some I have spoken to have had no complaints and enjoy it. It is a definite iffy area all over. A real shame since it is such an important thing for game development and some of the best are just turning away from it.

Its extremely sad, because it's one of the most important parts of development, I feel. People want to play a game that's going to work, and sometimes they treat QA like utter sh*t, overwork them, or don't listen to their bug reports, and ship the game without fixing it.

While a certain element of glitches and bugs does fall on the guys developing the game, we gotta cut them some slack since there's A LOT of stuff that goes on when coding, and changing one thing can have annoying consequences elsewhere, and there also has to be a quality QA team to catch these things. I mean, they have to be friggin' geniuses sometimes, and there are glitches in really great games that were only found because people REALLY thought "What happens if I try to do this?" If the QA team doesn't think like that, the game can get shipped in a worse off state :/

They should fix that. If you're playing a boss at a high difficulty setting, parrying should have some sort of a change. Possibly in terms of priority. If it stays the same, the difficulty could possibly prove to be too easy just because of that exploit whenever you're fighting a boss.

And it still doesn't explain the It's only broken if it's played in a way that breaks it" that Isaiah Olson quoted as well.
And why he didn't dismiss it.

Yeah, but there aren't many ways you can change something like that, is there? Unless they make the swipe really fast, I guess. Maybe less of a broadcast, but...just the way the boss fight was designed, I'm not sure how they can "fix" that :x

That "only broken if it's played in a way that breaks it" thing was't something that Tameem ever said. I follow him on Twitter, and he's never said that. I think the guy was just making a gross generalization for that quote.

ChaserTech

Yeah, but there aren't many ways you can change something like that, is there? Unless they make the swipe really fast, I guess. Maybe less of a broadcast, but...just the way the boss fight was designed, I'm not sure how they can "fix" that :x

I just said it. lol The developers could possibly change priority with certain attacks against bosses. Keep parrying for normal enemies the same but for bosses, change the parrying system to where certain moves parry with the bosses different attacks. Or at least change some hitbox attributes to where the move can only be parried at a specific point, rather than being able to parry as soon as Dante's hitbox is out.

In my opinion, I don't like the idea that you can parry a boss with an a regular attack and stun them.. It makes things way too easy. In DMC3/DMC4, there was a "parry" system (Royal Release for the Royal Guard style even though Royal Guarding heavily focused on guarding.). Yet the window frame for parrying the enemies were much tighter than DmC. Not to mention you didn't stun enemies until you rack up a certain amount of damage in a certain amount of time. (Some enemies in DMC3 didn't get stunned at all).

That "only broken if it's played in a way that breaks it" thing was't something that Tameem ever said. I follow him on Twitter, and he's never said that. I think the guy was just making a gross generalization for that quote.

Yeah I recently checked the twitter after posting that to make sure if Tameen said it or not. Sorry for giving false information.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, unfortunately with parrying as an action out of the attacks themselves, it makes for a variable window to work with, like Prop Shredder being one of the easiest to parry with, although it does come out a bit slower than a normal swing from Rebellion :p

Tosto

The Dark Brawler
It seems that another demo is going to be released on december... PS exclusive...

"As usual, you can also expect exclusive PS Plus discounts on lots of titles (including the phenomenalRayman Origins), as well as an exclusive PS Plus members-only demo of DmC: Devil May Cry later in December. We’ll update you on these offers in the weekly Store posts."

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/11/28/playstation-plus-your-december-content/
Oh yeah! I knew PS plus wasn't a waste of money! LOL

Paexie

It seems that another demo is going to be released on december... PS exclusive...

"As usual, you can also expect exclusive PS Plus discounts on lots of titles (including the phenomenalRayman Origins), as well as an exclusive PS Plus members-only demo of DmC: Devil May Cry later in December. We’ll update you on these offers in the weekly Store posts."

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/11/28/playstation-plus-your-december-content/
Where does it say that??? There is no mention of DmC Devil May Cry in there.

Top Bottom