• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Official Demo Thread

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
That is to say, I do believe in junk in our food, that's just fact. there's lots of bad sh*t in what we consume :/ But...not the whole "always being watched" thing. If we were, I think a lot less bad stuff would be happening in the world :x

crush

Just passed my driving test!
Well well...Aquila wasn't what I thought it was...it surpassed my thoughts of what it was. lol
I will love to crucify enemies with it and use my axe and big guns.

The grinning stygians look very badass! Their swords explodes on contact! I want one of those. Seriously

(Argh,,,posted one the wrong thread...)

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Just passed my driving test!
Well well...Aquila wasn't what I thought it was...it surpassed my thoughts of what it was. lol
I will love to crucify enemies with it and use my axe and big guns.

The grinning stygians look very badass! Their swords explodes on contact! I want one of those. Seriously

(Argh,,,posted one the wrong thread...)
congratulations! and are you serious!? that sounds so cool! well would you mind describing the stream since there appears to be no youtube links.

EllDawn

I remember.

The combat is actually above average if you know what you're doing.

Shame to hear about the PS3. The glitches were what I was afraid of. Other than the enemy design, this is probably the only other valid complaint that haters and even neutral skeptics have. I have high hopes, but am still expecting to see a lot of glitches, nonetheless.

I also hate the fact that you can't pull off Twosome Time, even though it shows Dante performing it in the promotional art. :/

Not everyone had glitches, so there wasn't exactly something for everyone to complain about.

And thanks to you, I want to play Defiance again. lol. I miss Kain.

Devil Player

It seems that another demo is going to be released on december... PS exclusive...

"As usual, you can also expect exclusive PS Plus discounts on lots of titles (including the phenomenalRayman Origins), as well as an exclusive PS Plus members-only demo of DmC: Devil May Cry later in December. We’ll update you on these offers in the weekly Store posts."

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/11/28/playstation-plus-your-december-content/

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
What exactly is stylish here? she's canceling out of moves before the hit connects and just waste a lot of time doing it. I've seen other videos from DMC3/4 and she is really good, but why jump around so much and cancel out of ....well.... a cancel? I don't think being ridiculously fast is gonna help that much with certain weapons because we've seen how long some weapons take to swing, so wouldn't you just wait till the weapon connects and then do your canceling after?

TO me that just looks stupid, but there are some pretty cool parts that i do like, like her prop, and cancels with a charge shot, release, shredder. kinda NEAT

Azurel

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Does anyone know the input for Payoff (the uppercut after an Angel Lift)? I can do Kicker easily enough, but I can't seem to figure out the input and/or timing for Payoff :C

8BitHero

Scrub
Does anyone know the input for Payoff (the uppercut after an Angel Lift)? I can do Kicker easily enough, but I can't seem to figure out the input and/or timing for Payoff :C
Both are opposite to each other.

When you do demon grab if you look at Dantes foot a small spark comes out, that's when you press grapple/shoot again. BUt that's only because the enemy is coming towards you.

This is the opposite for Angel grab. As soon as you Angel grab an enemy, you'll want to press it AS SOON AS Dante start moving towards the target. It's kind of hard to explain but pretty much tap it on the first frame that Dante starts travelling towards the enemy.

ChaserTech

I remember seeing some inputs for Kicker and Payoff on the DmC wiki.

It said something about holding the respective triggers and the gun button when you input the commands for Angel Lift/Demon Pull. However those inputs are extremely wrong since I've tried doing it multiple times in which it was specified. 8BitHero's description seems spot on though.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, I was the one who put those inputs up on the wiki >.< I forget where I got them from back then.

I can do Payoff a bit more consistently now, but still not every single time I want. I'm not sure if I'm getting messed up by everything moving so quickly, or what, but...I'll keep tryin'.

ChaserTech

Yeah, I was the one who put those inputs up on the wiki >_< I forget where I got them from back then.

I can do Payoff a bit more consistently now, but still not every single time I want. I'm not sure if I'm getting messed up by everything moving so quickly, or what, but...I'll keep tryin'.

Sometimes, I believe that the buffer just screws me over when I'm inputting certain things.

Example, when you input the ascending Rainstorm move, and if you press any attack button before rising Rainstorm is finished, Dante will execute that move. No matter how late or early you input it, he'll do it as long as you input the move during that time frame.

There are also some other strange things in DmC. Like being about to charge E&I without actually holding down the gun button or the fact that a JC'd Arbiter Drop does not actually hurt the enemy at all.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
I've had a few times where switching in and out of rebellion too quickly to charge a shot makes the input not register at all. Unless it's just me not doing it right.

ChaserTech

I've had a few times where switching in and out of rebellion too quickly to charge a shot makes the input not register at all. Unless it's just me not doing it right.

Oh no, you're right on that. Sometimes that will happen to me as well.
Probably some sort of a buffering error or something. Kinda feels like I'm playing on a keyboard where if I input too many buttons the game won't register some of them. lol

LeoXCV

Single life for life
Oh no, you're right on that. Sometimes that will happen to me as well.
Probably some sort of a buffering error or something. Kinda feels like I'm playing on a keyboard where if I input too many buttons the game won't register some of them. lol
So I'm not going crazy :D Really hope they fix whatever is causing it. I like using it but I know if it's like this on release I'll end up not using it as often as I would like.

Top Bottom