• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Official Demo Thread

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Man I've been looking for this video since forever XD
I know the talk about the style system being broken is already through but still, when I look at the very beginning of this video I know I could say the same for DMC3

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Man I've been looking for this video since forever XD
I know the talk about the style system being broken is already through but still, when I look at the very beginning of this video I know I could say the same for DMC3

Oh hey, it's Nero again, haha.

But yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about when people say it's too easy to get Style - grouping enemies has always been a good tactic for garnering a lot with a low number of actual attacks :/

At this point, I think all of the things I've seen citing for "easy Style in DmC" has been a combination of precision, timing, multiple hits, and grouping. There's been nothing similar to SSSensational.gif since it happened, and even that had a few stipulations to it, like exploiting a created opening and multiple hits.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Captured this a while ago but never used it, don't want it to go to waste so I thought I'd throw it in here. Enjoy Dante's flaming fist to the face.

DanteEryx.jpg

Now when I think about it, t'would make a pretty neat Facebook cover.

crush

He looks so calm like... he just wants to bro fist.

One day, I hope I can (or someone else) photoshop the eryx and beowulf like this.

Just add Nero's fist too in a triangle. It would be neat.
For that Demon evade-trinity stuff...isn't that hard?
I mean first you have to make a perfect evade, and then in that limited time to try to screw trinity smash while the evolved camera will get about three enemies on screen in close quarters...Which just defies Arbiter's abilities.
So this means you have to alter the camera as well.

This isn't easy stuff that you can pull off without practice!

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, there's a bit more to it than just spamming Arbiter, or even spamming Trinity Smash. It's not like...super hard to do, but getting everything set up correctly within the time frame of the Demon Evade's power boost makes it something that isn't so consistently and easily done.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm late to the game but the demo became available for non Gold users and bottom line, I like the game. SOS Mode would be easier if it weren't for the flying demons. What's the best weapon to kill them Rebellion or the scythe? Its nothing to write home about thou. It doesn't feel like DMC at all. Plus the pit falls give me a Sonic Unleashed vibe ugh.. The lack of combos makes it easier to be stylish so win win! I give DmC a 3/5

crush

I'm late to the game but the demo became available for non Gold users and bottom line, I like the game. SOS Mode would be easier if it weren't for the flying demons. What's the best weapon to kill them Rebellion or the scythe? Its nothing to write home about thou. It doesn't feel like DMC at all. Plus the pit falls give me a Sonic Unleashed vibe ugh.. The lack of combos makes it easier to be stylish so win win! I give DmC a 3/5

Push them to the ground with Rebellion's helm breaker (Not Arbiter's, it seems they will break loose since they recover from multi-hits in the air) You will be able to ground combo them.
I think your overall score will rise when you get to know how to do more combo's and new cancels and muliti-hit scores. Also there will always be a new discovery when you use some of the abilities you didn't use.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Push them to the ground with Rebellion's helm breaker (Not Arbiter's, it seems they will break loose since they recover from multi-hits in the air) You will be able to ground combo them.
I think your overall score will rise when you get to know how to do more combo's and new cancels and muliti-hit scores. Also there will always be a new discovery when you use some of the abilities you didn't use.

Ill try that. I totally forgot about Jump Canceling and learning to cancel during attacks to perform other attacks would be sweet. Now I gotta replay it.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
^ Yes, LT X yourself towards them, then immediately press B to Rebellion Helm breaker them to the ground and start mashing away, try to get in a few Arbiters before they escape as their recovery time is unreal.

And the Chainsaw dudes have hitboxes for days.

Azurel

lol. Surprised someone else remembers the series? Or that there are some similarities?

As for bugs, I didn't notice any. The only thing I noticed is me forgetting to dodge a few times.

I remember.

The combat is actually above average if you know what you're doing.

Shame to hear about the PS3. The glitches were what I was afraid of. Other than the enemy design, this is probably the only other valid complaint that haters and even neutral skeptics have. I have high hopes, but am still expecting to see a lot of glitches, nonetheless.

I also hate the fact that you can't pull off Twosome Time, even though it shows Dante performing it in the promotional art. :/

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I found a few stuff you guys might like.

That sorta takes about the same amount of time if you use the grappling platforms, and you don't even need to activate that "Rip you apart" scene if you just stay away from the door until rip the eye out :p

Azurel

Everybody talking about these glitches that disrupt the game and whatnot, we really, really, really, REALLY gotta remember that it's a demo. It's a 1.3gb download, hardly the full game, it's part of the game's code removed from the full product. If anyone has any idea how finicky coding can be, they realize that when you mess with one part in anyway, things can go wrong in another part. That's not to say that no bugs will be in the full release, but a chunk of code reworked for a demo is really not a good example of the overall coding of the final product :/

For the love of whatever deity you wanna pray to, take that into consideration. Seriously.

I forgot about the finicky part of coding. I'll have to remember to keep the haters out of my head.

Azurel

If any of you watch Futurama, do yall remember an episode when people were drinking some kind of soda that made them sick and then it turned out that it was made by some kind of slug creature's urine or liquid or whatever?

That's what Poison reminds me of since I think that it's about the sodas in the game. (i.e. Vergil saying "you're drinks poison us).

It's no myth, either. You can get cancer from a can of diet coke per day.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/aspartame-cancer-link-exposed-increasing-your-cancer-risk.html

That's not even getting around to all the other dozens of food that seems to be designed to kill us off.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/the-gmo...onsanto-halted-from-threatening-humanity.html

http://www.prisonplanet.com/europe-...ake-of-french-study-linking-it-to-cancer.html

http://www.prisonplanet.com/man-who-blew-whistle-on-tainted-milk-killed.html

And yes, our cameras watch us, too. Our cell phones record all of our conversations, even when turned off. Even the cameras installed in them record everything you do, provided you have video recording.

Azurel

Oh, thanks! I didn't realise that! The background artwork is good isn't it?
Erm...but may I ask just in case, what is it?

I found Yamato in where you go down the alleyway where the Dante "Isn't wanted here"
The secret mission keys seem to resemble Mundus as well...

Can someone get me a screenshot of the Yamato? Mayber Vergil left it there for Dante? It could be a reference to The Divine Comedy (Vergil lead Dante further into the nine circles, where he was finally revealed to be in the Deceivers Circle... SPOILER BTW)

This movie may be really preachy, but it's ok as a standalone adaptation.

And I'm not saying that any of this is true or that "you'll be condemned if you don't believe it". I actually believe the contrary... but I'm also not an atheist, either. I'm just an agnostic playing it really fast and loose.

However, I do admit to praying to Horus sometimes... merely due to the fact that sun worship was one of the first manifestations of religion in the first place.

However, if it turns out that I am going to hell, I say:

4-bring_it.png

Azurel

Did you try looking under System Settings > System Language on the PS3 menu? Simply doing the switch does the trick.

And sorry, I don't like disclosing my location on open internet forums.

Nothing personal, though. :)

I am so sorry for posting that. LOL. :lol:

Top Bottom