• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Official Demo Thread

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well, he's still surrounded by a bunch of regular Stygians, so trying to focus on the Hell Knight with Arbiter attacks can get you stabbed in the back, while focusing on the Stygians with Rebellion or Osiris leaves the Knight free to do whatever, and your attacks could get parried by him.

AngelMode

So you don't get burned while using demon mode but you get frozen even if you are using angel mode?

7300291662_ec3b34c4fc_z.jpg

Devil Player

I noticed that in gameplays, a long time ago.

There is a difference between the flame and the ice attack, though. You can't parry the "flaming floor" move, but you can parry the ice attack, sending it back to the frost knight.

So, just equip a demon weapon during the flaming attack, to avoid damage. As for the ice attack, you have the option to parry it, sending it back to whoever attacked you before...

The nightclub mission is going to make a better use of this feature. If the floor is red, you'll have to equip a demon weapon. If it's blue, you'll have to equip any angel weapon. During a gameplay, Greg talked about that...

I can imagine that stage on Heaven or Hell mode. Environments can also prove to be a pain in the ass. :)

AngelMode

Here's me hoping those floors don't one hit kill you in Hell or hell mode... that'll be a pain is the buttocks.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
My biggest complaint thus far is just the implementation of background flying enemies. They seem to add nothing but frustration to the combat. The Cherrups usually require their shields (which respawn by the way) to be pulled from them before they can be attacked, and can cause quite a bit of confusion for the auto-lock on system.

Also the Harpies make loud shrieks constantly, whether attacking or not. I can't tell the 'I'm going to attack' shriek from 'I'm just hanging here' shriek. Annoying.

Otherwise, still pelting the demo. I've racked up about 13k Red orbs, and 63 upgrade points. Pretty much can guarantee an SSS every run on SoS Under Watch. :)

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
My biggest complaint thus far is just the implementation of background flying enemies. They seem to add nothing but frustration to the combat. The Cherrups usually require their shields (which respawn by the way) to be pulled from them before they can be attacked, and can cause quite a bit of confusion for the auto-lock on system.

Also the Harpies make loud shrieks constantly, whether attacking or not. I can't tell the 'I'm going to attack' shriek from 'I'm just hanging here' shriek. Annoying.

Otherwise, still pelting the demo. I've racked up about 13k Red orbs, and 63 upgrade points. Pretty much can guarantee an SSS every run on SoS Under Watch. :)

Personally, I think the flying enemies are much need to balance out the aereal combat. Without them, every single enemy you pulled from the ground never goes back down alive.

Tosto

The Dark Brawler
Would be nice if we could bring over those red orbs and upgrades once the original game comes out. LOL, or would that be a bit much? ^_^

Paexie

Here's me hoping those floors don't one hit kill you in Hell or hell mode... that'll be a pain is the buttocks.
Damn.... At least we will have all the upgrades by then, but.... ugh. I won't be mentally prepared since that's like mission 13/7? God. I don't want to know about later missions in HoH if that's the case.

LeoXCV

Single life for life
I swear I've been hit by the spread flame when attacking with Arbiter, now I wanna check. I usually JC to stay out of it then when it's over come back down. Or just chuck Arbiter at the source :)

Domenic93

we learned a few thing from the demo cutscene 1. Sparda was captured, and 2. Dino won't be able to take his impalements like a man
rsvv5d.jpg
:troll:

crush

I just noticed that when you use demon pull, Dante's feet will shine red.
When you use kicker when his feet are red his kick will turn into a roundhouse kick

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Okay, so I was just playing the demo (again) and fighting the Harpies and Stygians after you pull out the second camera. I was focusing on a Stygian when I heard a Harpy crying out for its swooping attack. I dodged out of the way just before it struck, and the harpy killed the Stygian I was fighting. I laughed when I saw the Harpy kill it, and I laughed harder when I noticed this in my Style feed...

WRONG TEAM 50

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
Okay, so I was just playing the demo (again) and fighting the Harpies and Stygians after you pull out the second camera. I was focusing on a Stygian when I heard a Harpy crying out for its swooping attack. I dodged out of the way just before it struck, and the harpy killed the Stygian I was fighting. I laughed when I saw the Harpy kill it, and I laughed harder when I noticed this in my Style feed...

WRONG TEAM 50

Something like that happened to me. Except this time it was one Harpy killing another one. Funny thing is, the one that got killed wasn't the one I was focusing on, so that harpy saved me some effort and then finished her off quickly.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium

WRONG TEAM 50
Ok that is just fantastic.

Top Bottom